Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2013, 08:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Nothing spectacular about Barcelona for me though I am happy that Alonso won in-front of his home crowd. I think everyone was harping about tyre degradation during the race.

Ferrari did it right this time. Mclaren are still struggling and also I'm disappointed with the Williams team after starting out strong, they just fell at the middle of the grid.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-26-2013, 02:06 AM
Moderator Manager

Since this is Monaco and it's always been very hard to overtake during a race, I'm hopeful Nico & Lewis will be in-front and in the podium later. But with the Bulls behind them, it'll be challenging. I always like the Monaco GP because it's a street race and overtaking is hard. I'm hoping for a great race ahead.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

^I'm really hoping for a Lewis win today, it's Mercedes best opportunity to convert their high grid positions into a win.

I love the Monaco GP, not only is it a spectacle but all the drivers are so desperate to win there that they are driving right on the edge. Usually I don't like the tracks were overtaking is limited but for me Monaco is the exception. You can't afford to make a mistake at Monaco as numerous drivers have found out over the years. I hope it's a great race.

Vicky
Old 05-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG what a race! And it was expected because the track is very tight. Those Massa & Maldonado crashes had me but I'm glad to know they're both fine.

Nico was superb. He led the entire race. Lewis was overtaken by the Bulls during the first round of pitstops (due to Pastor's crash, I think?). The first part of the race was boring, everyone was on tyre watch as it looks to be a one-stop pitstop for all. Then the pitstops happened and it got really exciting from then on.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:55 PM
Moderator Manager

I think it's safe to say that Seb will win Canadian GP tomorrow afternoon? I'm quite happy that Bottas was at P3, wow Williams! Ferrari, Mclaren & Lotus had mediocre performances at the quali but then again it was raining in Montreal so I did expect the grid to be quite different. I still hope that it'll be the same weather for the race just so we see some drama. I usually don't like this GP.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

I'm really cheering Lewis today, the Canadian GP is my favourite race on the calendar and he usually does so well in Canada. Vettel looks quick again but I really don't want to see him extending his lead in the title race, the tighter it is the better, it's no fun when the winner of the title has been decided way before the end of the year.

I think it's only a matter of time for Lotus drop Grojean, he really is getting worse! Poor Massa doesn't seem to be having much luck either.

I'm not going to comment on McLaren, it's just getting embarrassing.

Vicky
Old 06-09-2013, 11:04 PM
Moderator Manager

I missed the GP because it aired at 2am for me. Alas, Vettel won (conveniently) again and further extends his lead. I'm with you too that I like it when the points are close enough that by the end of the season, around 3 or 4 drivers could be world champions.

And Alonso finishing at P2 was really admirable considering where he was at the starting grid. What a driver.

Old 06-28-2013, 10:28 PM
Moderator Manager

I'm absolutely devastated about this. I can accept him leaving RBR but not F1.

Mark Webber will leave Red Bull and Formula 1 at the end of the season | Red Bull Racing News | Formula 1 Teams | Sky Sports

Old 06-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

I have to admit I was rather shocked about Mark leaving F1. I thought he might leave Red Bull but I thought he would just go to another team.

So so happy and proud of Lewis today, that was an incredible lap in qualifying. I just hope he can complete the job by winning tomorrow.

Vicky
Old 06-29-2013, 08:45 PM
Moderator Manager

Same here. I was expecting him to do that. I will miss him.

With the correct strategy and a no mistake pitstop, I can see Lewis winning the race. And it'll be bittersweet because it's at Silverstone.

Old 06-30-2013, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

That was an insane race.

I was bitterly disappointed for Lewis when his tyre exploded but it was so scary to then see it happen to numerous other drivers. It was dangerous and I can't recall ever seeing that many in one race in Formula 1, they need to sort out the tyres asap.

That said I thought Lewis did a fantastic job to get back up to 4th place, possible with one or two more laps he could have been on the podium, not bad considering the car had quite substantial damage from when the tyre exploded.

Webber also did a fantastic job to finish second.

Is it wrong that I loved the cheer when Vettel's car stopped? It certainly makes the championship more interesting.

Vicky
Old 06-30-2013, 07:51 PM
Moderator Manager

That race was really insane!

That was too many tyre punctures in one race. They really need to investigate on what happened and not wait for someone to get hurt to actually start acting on it.

I might have cheered too when Seb stopped. During the podium ceremony, Nico definitely was honest in saying he was not too disappointed when Seb stopped. And I can actually hear the crowd cheering when he did stop. It made the championship interesting because like you, I don't want one driver dominating the championship. I want the other drivers to challenge him.

I'm happy for Mark's P2! And that dig at Seb at him not knowing the next race but he wants to win it.

Old 07-08-2013, 01:00 AM
Moderator Manager

I think it was an alright race. Ho-hum on winner but very pleased with JB's result on this one. And kudos to Mark for finishing at P7 after that disastrous ptistop for them. In case anyone missed it, here is a YT vid.

Also, not a fan of team orders so I was sad that Romain had to "make way" for Kimi. He's supposed to be in P2. Also, what is up with that Marussia car aimlessly rolling on track, brake wasn't applied? It was good that no cars were there during that time otherwise another disastrous race.

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 07-08-2013 at 01:25 AM
Old 07-28-2013, 10:22 PM
Moderator Manager

It was an okay race. Lewis had a pretty easy time leading throughout. I'm happy Kimi was able to keep Seb in position. I think most of the people wanted that to happen. Seb's not my favorite driver but he doesn't deserve those boo's in Hungary.

Oh Romain. He was in a good position for podium and he blows it all away hitting JB. I was actually rooting for him to at least be in the podium.

An entire 4 weeks break until the next race. This is nuts.

Also, I noticed the cameramen are gone from the pitlane. They installed high powered roving cameras instead which is safer and convenient, I think.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

I'm so happy for Lewis! That win was certainly overdue and although his car may not have been the fastest car on the grid he made some really important overtakes that really determined the race.

I was really impressed with Button for how long he held up Vettel, we all know the McLaren isn't great but the fact that Button managed to hold him up for so long I thought was quire impressive.

I can't see public opinion of Vettel changing anytime soon tbh. I think it's his attitude that hasn't helped and it's inevitable people have compared him to Schumacher not just in terms of dominance but also in terms of character. I also think the fact that Webber is leaving F1 the pro Webber fans will put some of the blame with Vettel, and tbh I would be surprised if Webber's relationship with Vettel wasn't a factor in him deciding to leave Red Bull.

Quote:
Also, I noticed the cameramen are gone from the pitlane. They installed high powered roving cameras instead which is safer and convenient, I think.
Agreed. Safety is everything.

Vicky
Closed Thread   Post New Thread