Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2014, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

The race in Monaco wasn't great but at least it was entertaining, even if almost all my favourite drivers retired

Big congratulations to Jules Bianchi for earning Marussia's first points in F1

Toby Regbo
Old 05-25-2014, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

I really didn't enjoy the race, perhaps my expectations were too high, whilst I expected safety cars it's a shame the timing of them didn't mix the grid up more, nearly all the car came in at the same time and were on the same strategy. It's a shame as well that the events from qualifying seemed to overshadow not just the race but even the celebrations.

I really hope Nico did not deliberately come off the track but I think the way he has handled himself has led to increased tension between them and Lewis actually questioning whether his team mate would do something like that. Either way it's a shame as Mercedes still achieved a 1-2 and it should be something to celebrate,

I was disappointed for Kimi after his amazing start, he had some really bad luck later on in the race.

So happy for Marussia, I loved their celebrations!

Vicky
Old 05-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Master Fan

I didn't watch the qualy yesterday so I missed all the drama but I don't think Nico R would do that, in fact, I don't think any of the current drivers would have done that (well maybe Maldonado ). Nico would have risked damaging his car for today and his telemetry didn't show anything weird (at least from what I've heard).

Seems like this year, instead of the much talked Kimi-Alonso rivalry, the ones who inherited Webber-SV's rivalry were the Mercedes' guys. It's a shame, I thought they were friends and wouldn't have this problems

Toby Regbo
Old 05-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Elite Fan

Fantastic drive by Jules Bianchi for Marussia today. I'm so happy for him and the team. Their persistence has finally paid off.

Nico Hülkenberg continues his fine season for Force India with another top 5 finish. It would be amazing if he can keep up this form through the entire season.

Jenson came in sixth today. Not ideal, but it was a nice improvement over recent races.
Old 05-26-2014, 12:46 AM
Moderator Manager

I enjoyed Monaco and damn all those retirements as expected with the street track. It got pretty exciting towards the end with RIC just seconds away from HAM but I honestly don't think he can overtake Lewis who's a veteran.

Marussia's first points was very much welcome, kudos to Bianchi for that.

What happened to the investigations after the race, I haven't checked the news yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st99 (View Post)
Seems like this year, instead of the much talked Kimi-Alonso rivalry, the ones who inherited Webber-SV's rivalry were the Mercedes' guys. It's a shame, I thought they were friends and wouldn't have this problems
True. I thought ALO-RAI was going to be spectacular but it's just lackluster at this point with ALO outqualifying the "aging" Kimi. And yeah, looks like HAM-ROS are the new VET-WEB this year? I don't want to think that as I know Lewis & Nico are childhood friends and are close.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Master Fan

There were a couple of reprimands but nothing serious from what I remember. Bianchi got the 5 seconds penalty so instead of being 8th he was 9th but I don't think neither him or Marussia cared too much I'm so happy for him getting those first points

I agree that the ALO-RAI match is not that spectacular, yesterday seemed like it would be the first time he would beat Alonso and then he got all those problems

I'm sad that Nico and Lewis' relationship is like this now, for me it's even worse because SV and Mark were never friends so it didn't change much when they had problems but these two have been friends so long I still remember them jumping up and down when Nico got his first podium in a race Lewis won (Australia 2008 I think), yesterday they barely looked at each other

Toby Regbo
Old 05-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Elite Fan

Agreed. It's really horrible to watch their friendship being destroyed. Whilst Lewis was winning I think he thought they were okay until a few comments started to be made and then obviously we had the situation at Monaco and he has come to the conclusion that he needs to start looking at Nico more as a work colleague and a competitor than a friend. I think Nico had already come to that conclusion before he arrived at Monaco. Either way I hope they can still be friends, as difficult as it may be, they need to leave it all on the track.

Vicky
Old 05-26-2014, 10:09 PM
Moderator Manager

Kimi had the worst luck in Monaco. I'm still crossing my fingers that he gets his podium for Ferrari soon. I can already imagine Kimi swearing when he had to pit a second time.

When did this all start for Lewis & Nico anyway? Was in on the track or off? Yep, Mark & Seb were never really close so (compared to Nico & Lewis), it was okay to see them as rivals than teammates. Nico & Lewis go way back and it's sad to think that F1 has ruined their friendship.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:48 PM
Elite Fan

Personally I first noticed it in one of the press conferences after a race, their just suddenly seemed quite a bit of tension but weirdly the bad vibes were all coming from Nico. Lewis appeared to be oblivious, perhaps because he had just won the race and maybe thought Nico was just feeling a bit down etc.

Moving forward though I'm so excited about Canada, it's my favourite race and it's a great circuit for Lewis.

Vicky

Last edited by Brucas4life; 05-28-2014 at 01:29 PM
Old 05-28-2014, 03:27 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks Vicky!

I will miss Canada because it airs 2AM here Monday morning.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah I would probably record it if I were you and watch it when you wake up. That's why I do with the early races at the start of the season (at least they are early races in the UK)

Thankfully the Canadian race here is late afternoon which is actually quite nice.

Vicky
Old 05-30-2014, 04:40 AM
Moderator Manager

Of course I prefer the races in the East (Malaysia, China, Japan, Australia, Singapore, etc.) which is more my time. The European races are usually 8PM here. It's just U.S. and Canada that I miss live.

Old 05-30-2014, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

That's not too bad then, although I guess it wouldn't be ideal for you if they add other US races to the calendar.

Some good news at last in regards to Nico and Lewis, they are friends again. He posted a picture of them together when they were younger and said they had talked and patched things up.

https://www.facebook.com/LewisHamilton

It does remind me a bit of being at school, two friends have a falling out then patch things up on the playground the next day

Vicky
Old 06-04-2014, 05:26 AM
Moderator Manager

That's good that they're friends again and are talking. It may be different now but it's better than not talking at all.

I am pissed that I'll be missing watching this GP live. Any early predictions?

Old 06-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

A Mercedes 1-2? Ok, that's already a known fact I think maybe Bottas might have a chance of a podium here, there're a lot of straights and we know how slow are the RB on those, so the Merc engined cars might have a chance of being the second force

Toby Regbo
Closed Thread   Post New Thread