Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

Photo Gallery

One of our news outlets here in Australia put togethet the above gallery about their rivalry saything that it has been six years in the making.

I agree Lindsay - it was so awful watching the podium. Felt so sorry for Mark having to stand there while there were these celebrations going on and knowing that it should have been for him.

Think this photo says it all.

It's Elementary my dear Watson
Old 03-27-2013, 12:47 AM
Moderator Manager

We're not privy to their relationship so I will have to agree that it may have been years in the making. The Malaysian GP may have been the last straw.

At least we have this to look forward to at the end of the season :
Sebastian Vettel or Mark Webber will quit Red Bull at end of Formula One season, says Flavio Briatore - Telegraph

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:57 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that link.

I am so excited to see what the next race is going to bring.

Old 03-28-2013, 12:40 AM
Moderator Manager

This is like a short hiatus when you watch a TV show, still a long wait for Shanghai.

Did you all see Alonso's tweet about being happy not to be in the podium at Malaysia and focusing on the next race? Twitter people were so quick to point out that the points from this race would matter by the end of the season and he won't be laughing at all about it in the end.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:27 AM
Elite Fan

It is like being on hiatus and having the show ending with a big cliff hanger.

I haven't seen his tweet. I don't have a twitter account. Never got the whole twitter thing.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:11 AM
Moderator Manager

I'll post it here:

Quote:
@alo_oficial: Today that I'm not in the podium I'm missing a good moment..! I will try not leave them alone again ... )) #goodMood
Jenson also tweeted about Lewis going into their garage:
Quote:
‏@JensonButton: Not in our garage anyway! RT @iRussellS: @JensonButton and no controversy!
Quote:
@JensonButton: 👍RT @petehawley: @JensonButton should have changed Lewis' wheels for old times...

Last edited by L i N d $ @ y; 03-28-2013 at 06:16 AM
Old 03-29-2013, 11:01 AM
New Fan

Hopefully McLaren will continue to improve after a better showing in Malaysia! Jenson was terribly unlucky.

Bianchi is going to be such a good driver, he's doing ever so well in the Marussia! Wouldn't surprise me if he actually got that car into the points at some stage this season.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Moderator Manager

Marussia employed new and very young drivers. And so far the rookies have shown potential.

Hopefully Shanghai will be a different story for Mclaren. For me, I'm quite looking forward to seeing how RBR are after that controversial 1-2 in Malaysia.

Old 04-14-2013, 04:10 AM
Moderator Manager

Congrats to Ferrari & Alonso for winning the Shanghai GP. He drove brilliantly, was really quick especially during the start and managed to overtake a lot during the race. Nice racing towards the end between Seb & Lewis but glad Lewis is up on the podium once again, this time deserving and happy. Kimi was good too, after a bad start and a punctured front wing, he managed to be in P2 by the end of the race. Bahrain next Sunday, can't wait! And the stewards were pretty busy on this race...lots of drivers are under investigation. Also sad about Nico & Mark's retirements. Especially Mark's. For a while there, I thought Mark collided his car with Seb.

Old 04-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Elite Fan

The end was a little too close for my liking with Lewis and Seb. I was so glad to see Lewis just about hung on to 3rd place though. It wouldn't have been right if those who hadn't set a qualifying lap ended up on the podium imo.

Well done to Alonso, those Ferrari's looked so fast, I still don't understand how Massa didn't finish higher with that car though, I know he lost time on the first pit stop as he did an extra lap on the softs but surely he should have been higher?

Vicky
Old 04-14-2013, 11:55 AM
New Fan

Good race. Alonso a full deserving winner. Webber was terribly unlucky this weekend! Apparently he is moving to race Porsche sports cars next year so this will be his last season.

If they want a replacement then Ricciardo would do great, he had an outstanding weekend.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:42 AM
Moderator Manager

I'm actually liking Ferrari this season. I think they have potential and hopefully Massa can win some championships. I think he wasn't as quick as Alonso? They did look promising especially at the start of the race. I wasn't expecting Massa to finish at P6.

I am still crossing my fingers with Mclaren. They can't seem to deliver these past 3 races. I've always seen them at the front fighting it out with RBR & Ferrari. It's making me think Mercedes was really lucky to have Lewis now and I'm questioning why Mclaren had to let go of him.

About the Mark rumours, nothing confirmed yet as far as I know. I read an article where Mark said he doesn't make decisions in his career this early on but we'll see.

Old 04-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Nothing really exceptional about Vettel winning Bahrain GP but I have to say Lotus did the best strategy of all with both of their drivers in the podium.

Wow Ferrari. I had so much faith in the team that it all went wrong for them at this race. And I can say the same thing for McLaren too. They really need to step it up.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:17 PM
Elite Fan

I did like that McLaren actually let their drivers race though.

I didn't think the race was particularly exciting. Lotus had a great strategy, Ferrari had terrible luck with Alonso and Vettel went off into the distance.

I found it interesting that Lewis started 9th and finished 5th and then Rosberg started 1st and finished further back than Lewis. I'm not quite sure how that even happened, obviously Rosberg stopped once more than Lewis but Lewis is usually harder on his tyres.

I feel sorry for Webber, when things go against him he seems to really let it get to him. I'm not sure he is able to deal with the pressure, or maybe he no longer has any confidence in the team and he's letting it affect his performance. It's a shame, especially when Vettel (the person in the wrong) is carrying on as if nothing has happened and is back to winning races.

Vicky
Old 04-22-2013, 08:49 PM
Moderator Manager

Yeah, Nico dropped further back after starting out strong. I guess Lewis was the better driver on this particular track?

I have a feeling that he's losing confidence and makes me think that the rumours about him leaving RBR is true. I don't like winners racing off into the distance without even a challenge. And I'm confused about RBR's strategy. There was a point where it was Seb-Mark 1-2 but after I think Mark's 2nd pitstop, it all went wrong. I mean he finished P7. Was it because of Ferrari? At least he finished a place higher than Alonso? At least with the numerous Ferrari pitstops, Alonso was still in the points. I think he could've been at the podium if it didn't go wrong for him. Such a shame.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread