Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 01:42 AM
T
Master Fan

Erh? [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]. Both Juve and Manu out now? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Sarah - many, many hugs [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]s [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

And I'm getting even more scared. probably with good reason. Though it still doesn't have a thing to with R not playing. It's like in my mind, if the camel's back is going to be broken, that's not what's going to do it. Great player, great scorer and all, but it's Bayern, you know. Our strikers never have been all that hot against them. For example 2002? Geremi, Ivan & Guti scored... Though I have to say I certainly wouldn't mind being proven wrong on this point *G*.

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited T ]
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 03-10-2004, 05:02 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I can't believe both Man U and Juve are out of the CL [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Man U were robbed of a goal, but they really didn't kill the game off either... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

And Juve.. [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Well, Arsenal play tomorrow. *crosses fingers* Hope they reach the quarters. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]

And we'll be getting the Real v Bayern game here - I'll be getting up at 6.30am to watch me some great football. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 03-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T:
<STRONG>That's quite an easy cookie Dan . Crewe = The Railwaymen [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
</STRONG>

*hands T a cookie* Good girl. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
Oh and thank you again for that link to Colonization! I was surfing there a bit more and they actually have the first Discworld game there too [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. I actually own that, but I seem to have lost the cd - it it even was on cd and not on disks [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].
Have you tried Colonization? And it's a nice site for those kind of games that triggers a flood of memories. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And the Finn you're talking about is Simo Vaalakari, according to a quick Google-search. I thought it was Mixu Paatelainen for a sec, but Google proved me wrong. [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and don't worry about tonight, as Real will progress easily. &lt;/jinx&gt;

Hmmm:

Quote:
Dario Targets Full-Back

Dario Gradi will attempt to bring in a full-back after it was confirmed captain David Wright will be ruled out for a number of weeks with a thigh strain.

The Crewe Alexandra manager is awaiting confirmation today from the club involved and has admitted that the loan target would go straight into the first-team.

Dario told crewealex.net: “Losing a player like David is a blow for us because he has been one of our most consistent performers this season.

“Therefore, we are a bit short at the moment when it comes to defenders. Adie Moses and Chris McCready are close but not close enough. They are something like 10 days away from returning to training and we have some very difficult games coming up.

“We have David Vaughan who can play full-back but I don’t really regard him as a defender and I wouldn’t want to play him and Anthony Tonkin in the same back four. Then we have Billy Jones who is just out of school, so we are short on numbers.

He added: “I’ve asked for someone and we will try and sort something out after training today. He would go into the side and would then have to earn his place at either right or left back.”
[ 03-10-2004: Message edited Avatar ]
Old 03-10-2004, 09:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey u all!!! [img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Omg, cant wait to watch The Real Madrid match tonight!!!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img] Here starts at 20.45pm [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Without Roberto Carlos and Ronie but we have Raul!!!
*fingers crossed*

Quote:
Ficha técnica

Real Madrid: Casillas; Michel Salgado, Raúl Bravo, Iván Helguera, Pavón o Mejía; Guti, Beckham; Figo, Zidane, Solari; Raúl.

Bayern Munich: Kahn; Sagnol o Salihamidzic, Kuffour, Kovac, Lizarazu; Demichelis; Hargreaves, Ballack, Ze Roberto; Pizarro y Makaay.

Árbitro: Urs Meier (SUI).
Estadio: Santiago Bernabéu. TVE.
Hora: 20.45.
T,Hope u can watch it [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

HALA MADRID!!!!!! [img]smilies/blinkie.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 09:54 AM
T
Master Fan

Why thank you Dan [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Yeah, I tried it - quite lovely it is [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]. Definitely will play more of it. Though not tonight as starting anything CivII-like is too dangerous when you know you have to something soon. It's just too easy to get stuck [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

Thanks for finding out the name! I'm such an idiot [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. It's not even that common a name here. In fact, now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen or heard of anyone else with that surname.

Damn Mixu - always gets me thinking of chickens [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Bah, just bah [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img] D

Yeah, it'll be on live here too [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]. Still no idea whether it'll be Pavon or Mejia?
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 03-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Elite Fan

Real scores! 1-0 now. Zinedine Zidane

Old 03-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Loyal Fan

MovieTime Blues,
are you Portuguese? Because if you are...I am shocked with the fairplay of your avatar. Congratulations, its a pitty that we portuguese people lack on that, in my opinion.

Go Real!Is the match over?

* Ana *
Old 03-10-2004, 03:52 PM
T
Master Fan

Whew

Now I can breathe for a bit again [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

No more Bayern this year [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Loved Zizou's goal - the position he was in when scoring.. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

ed to add: Dan, sorry I dissappeared off of MSN -the connection keeps cutting off it seems [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img].

[ 03-10-2004: Message edited T ]
Old 03-11-2004, 02:06 AM
T
Master Fan

Aww, this was lovely to read. Queiroz praising the defence..

From Yahoo.. gotta lov this *G*

Old 03-11-2004, 04:46 AM
Extreme Fan

Omg, its amazing how life changes in a minute...
I was so happy for R.Madrid victory last night and I woke up this morning with a smile in my face and then I heard about a terrorist attempt(sorry dont know right now if its the english word to say it)in MADRID!Im in a shock right now..tv news speak about 125 dead people. There have been 3 explosions in 3 train stations in Madrid this morning at 8.00 am more or less and they're talking about 500 injured people.. The images are..cant even find a word to explain them.
They're talking about the worst attempt in Spain ever

[img]smilies/cry.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 05:25 AM
T
Master Fan

Hey D

125?? Scheisse [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. I saw BBC World earlier and they were talking of 60 dead and that already was shocking.
Old 03-11-2004, 05:41 AM
Master Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] T, that pic of Zidane is hilarious. His position when he scored was even more funny. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I watched the game this morning - good game. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] Well done Real.Could have scored a couple more goals, but Bayern didn't have too many clear cut chances either. Overall, the better team won. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Zidane was fantastic [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img] He was at his best (or there abouts); his ball and control skills are second to none...I was [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img] at the tv. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

And my Gooners are through to the final 8. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] Double from Henry put away Celta Vigo 2-0 (5-2 aggregate). Now, for tomorrow's draw.

IMHO, Milan are the team to beat, with Real a very close second...

~ Chosen
Old 03-11-2004, 05:41 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey T

More than 130 dead people confirmed right now. Cant belive whats happening..There have been attacks before..But nothing like this..130!!! and more than 400 wounded people..its like a nightmare! Spain is in shock right now..
Old 03-11-2004, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T:
<STRONG>Hey D

125?? Scheisse [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. I saw BBC World earlier and they were talking of 60 dead and that already was shocking.</STRONG>
I know. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

~ Chosen
Old 03-11-2004, 07:43 AM
T
Master Fan

And now it's over 170 dead and over 500 injured already.

The Real players and staff had a minutes silence and if I understood correctly, in the end suspended(?) the training. The usual press conference has been cancelled or rescheduled too. The Real Madrid flags in front of the Bernabeu are at half mast.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread