Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 03:14 AM
T
Master Fan

No R for Real after all [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. From Marca:

Real Madrid: Casillas; Michel Salgado, Mejía, Raúl Bravo, Roberto Carlos; Figo, Helguera, Beckham, Zidane; Raúl y Solari.

Barcelona: Víctor Valdés; Reiziger, Puyol, Oleguer, Van Bronckhorst; Cocu, Xavi, Davids; Luis Enrique, Ronaldinho y Saviola.

Árbitro: Pérez Burrull (Colegio Cántabro)
Estadio: Santiago Bernabéu Hora: 19.30.

[img]smilies/look.gif[/img] For some reason I always get a bit of frown when I hear Burrull's name.. can't remember what he's done - if anyhting. Great memory again, hmpf.

OT again, but hey, this is at least about sport and not even about snooker: Wee, Finland won the US 4-2 - see me dance with joy [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]. Well, actually I guess I'm moderately happy since at least now Mikko won't be in a *****ty mood all day and hey, winning the US is never bad [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Still, I'll be very glad when this WC is over..
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 04-25-2004, 03:50 AM
T
Master Fan

Meh. Denial is a lovely land to live in, but it gets a bit blah after a while: So Litti made a one year deal with FC Lahti which is both good and bad. Denial inducing since of course he should've come to HJK [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. But good because FC Lahti is already swamped with inquiries after his shirts (not just form Finland either) and the season-ticket sales have soared and that kind of interest in Veikkausliiga can't be a bad thing.

But all in all the best thing is just seeing the guy smile again. He seemed genuinely happy in the press conference so I can't muster up much dissatisfaction at him having gone back home.
"Still, the underlying point held; experience as well as common sense indicated that the most reliable method of avoiding self-extinction was to not equip oneself with the means to accomplish it in the first place."
Old 04-25-2004, 04:10 AM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

Good for Litmanen to be able to finish his career in Finland, and anything that increases attention is never a bad thing. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Good luck to Real tonight. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I studied the table a bit further, and came up with the following scenarios. To mathematically secure staying up, we need either a win at Sunderland and/or a Walsall loss at Palace. To make us de facto safe, we need a Derby loss at home to Millwall, a Walsall draw at Palace and/or a Rotherham loss at home to Burnley. Current table:

Code:
15 Nottm Forest  44 0 54 
16 Watford  44 -11 54 
17 Burnley  44 -13 53 
18 Crewe  44 -7 52 
19 Rotherham Utd  44 -10 51 
20 Gillingham  44 -16 50 
21 Derby County  44 -15 49 
22 Walsall  44 -20 48
So since I don't think we'll win at the Stadium of Light, I'll become a Palace, Burnley and Millwall fan for a week. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited Avatar ]
Old 04-25-2004, 06:01 AM
T
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
<STRONG>So since I don't think we'll win at the Stadium of Light, I'll become a Palace, Burnley and Millwall fan for a week. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Sometimes you worry me a bit [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]. But since you said you'll wish well for Real, I'll have my thumbs up for those three too [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]. Not that Palace will be that hard, it's just that last one there.. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Ed. as strangely enough, I don't have any thimbs

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited T ]
Old 04-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
<STRONG>So since I don't think we'll win at the Stadium of Light, I'll become a Palace, Burnley and Millwall fan for a week. </STRONG>
Haha, the mind always works in strange ways [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Good luck to all the right teams!

And with that, good luck to Real too! Sorry to hear about Ronnie not playing though. Hopefully your team's result will put a smile to our faces as opposed to...

Code:
Juventus 3-4 Lecce
Embarrassment is such an understatement [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh, good luck to Litti @ FC Lahti [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Great to hear he's finally back in Finland!

ed: WTF, FF just ate my post [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited +Sarah+ ]
Old 04-25-2004, 12:08 PM
T
Master Fan

3-4? Ouch [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img]

Still 0-0...
Old 04-25-2004, 12:35 PM
T
Master Fan

Anyone have an idea for a title for the next thread?
Old 04-25-2004, 12:44 PM
T
Master Fan

Solari scored [img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img] [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

***** - 1-1

And it just keeps getting better [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]: Two yellows for Figo so he's out [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img].

1-bloody-2 [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] - almost 1-3 there..

[ 04-25-2004: Message edited T ]
Old 04-26-2004, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

[img]smilies/wave.gif[/img]

I was it ended 2-1 ... not a good weekend for any of us, then. Apart from the Arsenal-fans on the thread... Congrats on winning the league. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was well deserved, as it's been a joy to watch them sometimes, and the days of 'boring, boring Arsenal' is definately of the past.

In other news:

Quote:
Gradi handed PFA accolade
Crewe boss Dario Gradi was presented with the PFA Merit award on Sunday for his contribution to the game.

Gradi, who has now been in charge of the Railwaymen for over 20 years, was on hand to pick up the accolade.

He said: "I was both surprised and delighted to receive this award on what is such a prestigious night in the football calendar."

Gradi has been in charge of over 1,000 games and brought through the likes of former England skipper David Platt.

The boss said any up-and-coming players should use Platt as a role model.

"David came to me when he was 19 and stayed for three years, and he kept improving and improving," Gradi added.

"It shows that you are never too old to improve."
Congrats to Dario - that, too, was well-deserved. Now, the players could show their appriciation for Dario with a win on Saturday to seal another season in D1. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-26-2004, 06:39 PM
Master Fan

Avatar - As a Gooner, thanks for your congratulations [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Definitely agree that 'boring, boring Arsenal' isn't a chant that rings true anymore. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img]
Pity the Scum in white stole a point off us, but we've got our trophy back. [img]smilies/wiggle.gif[/img] [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img]

Wooooo hoooooooooooo...I should go get myself wasted. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Pity Real lost. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] I'm starting to fear for their season... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Sorry T. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Buffy: "So you're going to be with me in this?"
Angel: "Shoulder to shoulder. I'm yours."
~ Chosen
Old 04-27-2004, 01:16 AM
T
Master Fan

Congrats for both Gradi and Arsenal [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Nikz - no need to say you're sorry, I've been worried about their season a long time already [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img].

ed: new one started

[ 04-27-2004: Message edited T ]
Closed Thread   Post New Thread