Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2018, 08:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by LxieGrey (View Post)
no FTWD tomorrow
too bad
Old 05-27-2018, 04:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

No happy FTWD day today
Old 05-27-2018, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Wish everybody an unhappy ftwd day today lol.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Haha good one

Well it's Monday already so I hope this Week is fyling by and we soon have a new Episode to talk about.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Want it now already.
Old 05-29-2018, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

I am all caught up guys
Old 05-29-2018, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's amazing how do you like it so far?

EC | ADC

Old 05-29-2018, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Alycia Debnam-Carey

Ive been a hardcore fan of the show since season 1 episode 1. Stuck through it good times and bad. Season 3 was great under Erickson. But sometimes people tend to glorify him while forgetting the first two seasons under him were universally not liked that much.

I'm one of those which enjoys season 4. Yes, personally I wish erickson had stayed on to finish his story as he was was really coming into his own...but can you really blame AMC for firing him? The first two season were universally not acclaimed as well and ratings fell from 10 million viewers an episode to around 2 million an episode. Even during the acclaimed season 3 ratings fell dramatically each episode.

AMC doesn't want this show to be a failure. But its hard to justify giving Erickson new seasons if under his guidance the show is constantly losing viewers. Furthermore I would go as far as to say if this season still had Erickson as showrunner and played out the exact same way as it has under new management some would maybe praise it more? I know Gimple is not much appreciated anywhere.

I personally am annoyed and fed up with the major time skip, but for what we've got the new season is still better than season 1 and 2. And also still better than the past few walking dead seasons. And funny enough season 4 has been better critically acclaimed than season 3. Look at the show to show reviews and most critics tend to like season 4 better than season 3. I personally still like season 3 more but we have some more episodes to go.
Old 05-29-2018, 06:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie12345 (View Post)
Ive been a hardcore fan of the show since season 1 episode 1. Stuck through it good times and bad. Season 3 was great under Erickson. But sometimes people tend to glorify him while forgetting the first two seasons under him were universally not liked that much.

I'm one of those which enjoys season 4. Yes, personally I wish erickson had stayed on to finish his story as he was was really coming into his own...but can you really blame AMC for firing him? The first two season were universally not acclaimed as well and ratings fell from 10 million viewers an episode to around 2 million an episode. Even during the acclaimed season 3 ratings fell dramatically each episode.

AMC doesn't want this show to be a failure. But its hard to justify giving Erickson new seasons if under his guidance the show is constantly losing viewers. Furthermore I would go as far as to say if this season still had Erickson as showrunner and played out the exact same way as it has under new management some would maybe praise it more? I know Gimple is not much appreciated anywhere.

I personally am annoyed and fed up with the major time skip, but for what we've got the new season is still better than season 1 and 2. And also still better than the past few walking dead seasons. And funny enough season 4 has been better critically acclaimed than season 3. Look at the show to show reviews and most critics tend to like season 4 better than season 3. I personally still like season 3 more but we have some more episodes to go.
Yes me too, i‘d have preferred the story after the damn. But critics are also just persons with opinions. I wouldn‘t look too much into what they‘re saying.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i don't care much about ratings or critics but i am happy when the show gets approved because this is good for Alycia and the rest of the cast.

also i kinda disagree, under Erickkson the show would have been a different way and there might have been no cross over at all. but show knows, it's only speculations and what if's.

anyways we are where we are right now and i am glad you are with us now Clarice
Old 05-31-2018, 01:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yay for Clarice to catch up! It's always interesting to read new Opinions.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

just 2 more episodes until midseaon
Old 06-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Time flies by

EC | ADC

Old 06-01-2018, 07:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

plus the one week break didn't make it any better
Old 06-01-2018, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm really liking the new season so far. The new characters they've introduced I find interesting and I kind of like the mystery of how we went from the dam to sports stadium to the vendetta. I don't need every loose end neatly tied up. I get why people aren't pleased that it doesn't follow on neatly from the end of S3 but personally I don't need to have a linear story spoon fed to me. Answering some questions about the dam would be nice but I came to the conclusion that those aren't maybe too important for the rest of the storyline.

EC | ADC

Closed Thread   Post New Thread