Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2018, 07:19 AM
Fan Forum Star

Was about time
Old 06-03-2018, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I wonder if ropetuned will come here again? But I fear he's gone.
Old 06-03-2018, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

i PMed him but i am not sure if he will be back. i hope he will. i also think Chip had nice arguments to talk about. i just enjoy talking about the show with everyone of you.
Old 06-03-2018, 10:34 PM
Elite Fan

I'll be around once in awhile, IRL stuff happened so yeah.

I didn't even notice that I had anything in my inbox! I'll respond when I have my computer.

Also, Gimple should not be allowed to have any writing or directing power on any TV show again...this episode was bad.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not caught up at all, but I was under the impression that Gimple wasn't even involved? Or was it that he moved from regular TWD to FTWD.

Gimple messes everything up, always, imo.

I don't really have a desire to catch up with the show, sadly.

amelia | icon: mel
Old 06-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

He is the new Showrunner which means he is VERY involved

Watching the episode right now

Welcome back Ropetuned!
Old 06-04-2018, 12:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

so can anyone explain why in the hell Alicia and the gang decided to go help Mel? he's done nothing but show his intent to cause harm to these people, and then we get Alicia's throw away line, "it was the right thing to do."
oh, spare me Gimple, you can't just rewrite the entire original cast and not expect anyone to notice. one minute they hate Mel, the next they're saving him because the story says they needed to be outside to get from plot A to be plot B. i didn't find that logic. same with Charlie, they are helping her all the time it doesn't make sense.

at least Alicia killed Mel and he is gone now.

and on a positive note, the acting in this show is REALLY good.

but this was a weird episode...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ropetuned (View Post)
I'll be around once in awhile, IRL stuff happened so yeah.

I didn't even notice that I had anything in my inbox! I'll respond when I have my computer.
no worries
Old 06-04-2018, 12:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

7 episodes in and we still don't know:

- How they all miraculously met up after what happened at the dam. Especially with Luciana.
- How they made it to the diamond to begin with.
- Madison's status. If she's still alive, we more than likely would of seen her by now. If she's dead, they're really milking this for all its worth. Nick, Alicia, or Strand would of mentioned her to Al by now.
- Madison's personality. She went from stone cold killer to angel of mercy without showing the viewer how she ended up like this.
- Why Charlie is so important. She screwed up everything and caused all of this to happen,not to mention she killed Nick.

I can't see them explaining this in 1 episode. I can see them explaining this for the second half of the season. As long as I get answers to these questions I am okay

This episode was certainly not one of the best because I am confused why they suddenly try to help Mel and Charlie. I am so sick of characters in this universe suddenly deciding that all life is precious, especially that of your enemies. What is the pathology of the writers that they think this is in any way normal behavior? Even in a zombocalypse, where people are constantly at each other's throats, our characters are determined to help those who want to kill them. It's not ambiguous; they are mortal enemies.

How is it 'the right thing to do' to risk everyone's lives to go save someone who is 100% your enemy?

Madison bugged me the most this episode. She was a total badass (maybe most of the time), who just did not care and would fight for survival. Remember how she was willing to take over the Ranch if they didn't listen? Where's that Madison? Why doesn't she want to kill the bloody Vultures?
Old 06-04-2018, 12:14 AM
Fan Forum Legend

in this episode i didn't get the character's decisions either especially Madison yeah. season 3 literally ends with Madison bashing Troy's head in because she realized that trying to be a good person doesn't work. she tried to save Troy from himself and it screwed over the ranch. everything was pointed towards the fact that season 4 Madison was going to be even MORE ruthless than before because she stopped caring about what Nick and Alicia think. she decided that even though they hate her, as long as they are alive that's all she cares about. and now we're supposed to believe she's just some hippy flower child? don't think so
Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

I blame the writing. Everybody is flip flopping with their decisions base on what the story wants, not what is actually in character. Then Alicia and Nick just sitting in the car, waiting for the plot to dictate that they get surrounded because ~suspense? What about Ennis not caring that Mel is trapped in the car with them? All this need for the writers to create a mystery is dragging down the characters and story. Yep I blame the writing and Gimple on this one
Old 06-04-2018, 12:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

one positive note though, i am starting to like Laura/Naomi finally

and the last few minutes were indeed thrilling (even though some things didn't make sense). and now i wanna know how Alicia and Nick made it out there?
Old 06-04-2018, 07:35 AM
Elite Fan

So I posted a long post and my computer went nuts and deleted it. Basically my post was one huge rant, lol.

I love this show and it's still better than the original series/one of the best shows on TV but this season is really looking to change that

- All of the characters are being written OOC, and you can blame the characters for being stupid (they are) but it's the writers making them this way and the actors have to do with what they're given

- Charlie. Just wth? She's already flipped on you once and killed Nick yet they're obsessed with saving her. Yeah, shes a kid but this is a ZA and you either become ruthless and survivor or you end up dead, period.

- The fall of the diamond is an exact remix of the midseason finale/end of The Prison arc on the original show.

- I know that people love the original cast and could give/take the new characters but I love them and they're a breath of fresh air to the show. I hate that theyre holding Johns fate over to the next episode but we pretty much know he's not going to die. Also, Naomi was trying to tell Alycia that it wasn't like she thought it was but I guess kill first mode, for the most part.

- Screw Al for hesitating to help John and her stupid camera needs to just be left behind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
7 episodes in and we still don't know:

- How they all miraculously met up after what happened at the dam. Especially with Luciana.
- How they made it to the diamond to begin with.
- Madison's status. If she's still alive, we more than likely would of seen her by now. If she's dead, they're really milking this for all its worth. Nick, Alicia, or Strand would of mentioned her to Al by now.
- Madison's personality. She went from stone cold killer to angel of mercy without showing the viewer how she ended up like this.
- Why Charlie is so important. She screwed up everything and caused all of this to happen,not to mention she killed Nick.

I can't see them explaining this in 1 episode. I can see them explaining this for the second half of the season. As long as I get answers to these questions I am okay

This episode was certainly not one of the best because I am confused why they suddenly try to help Mel and Charlie. I am so sick of characters in this universe suddenly deciding that all life is precious, especially that of your enemies. What is the pathology of the writers that they think this is in any way normal behavior? Even in a zombocalypse, where people are constantly at each other's throats, our characters are determined to help those who want to kill them. It's not ambiguous; they are mortal enemies.

How is it 'the right thing to do' to risk everyone's lives to go save someone who is 100% your enemy?

Madison bugged me the most this episode. She was a total badass (maybe most of the time), who just did not care and would fight for survival. Remember how she was willing to take over the Ranch if they didn't listen? Where's that Madison? Why doesn't she want to kill the bloody Vultures?
They're way past the first two and like I said before, ever since Gimple got involved with new showrunners they're trying to pretty much erase the first 3 seasons and all the vast improvements it made as opposed to the original series

I think they're going to drag Maddies status out and I kinda figured they would, but they need to wrap that up before the mid season finale is over.

I really hope that the 2nd half of the season sees the Clark family and co move past the Vultures and on to something else. Honestly I think sticking to one location gets kinda boring but this show has spent an equal amount of time with them settling in at one camp and then being on the road with no place to go, too.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

I will watch later an then give my 2 cents.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:14 AM
Fan Forum Star

All in all I think we all agree that this episode was really unlogic and the show can do so much better
Old 06-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
DC Extended Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryXX (View Post)
All in all I think we all agree that this episode was really unlogic and the show can do so much better
Unlogic??? Gosh i need to watch, now i‘m curious but also a bit scared for it to be too gimplized
Closed Thread   Post New Thread