Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2015, 05:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Omg this is going to be so amazing. I mean it really makes up for the fact that she and Ollie aren't a thing yet. Laurel being a super hero is everything

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 01-09-2015, 06:47 AM
Master Fan

All I see is a copycat of Sara why would the writers do that
Old 01-09-2015, 09:35 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
awesome. love your blog
I really like yours too!

An extended version of the promo has been uploaded! x

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
thanks (: there's definitely not enough Laurel supporter blogs out there and yours is a great one
I could introduce you to a couple! I met so many amazing Laurel supporters last year. Thank you very much, I love yours too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
Ohmygosh.. I am so excited for these new upcoming episodes Katie is going to rock it.. I really hope the writers don't let me down
Well, I wasn't too thrilled with the synopsis for 3x11 since Diggle and Roy will be lecturing Laurel over her safety, which by all means is really kind and thoughtful of them but Laurel has been in dangers way since the pilot episode. Diggle and Roy walked straight into danger the second they found out Oliver is The Arrow so I don't think they should be telling her not to step up to honour Sara, I just find it really wrong. Other than that one thing I'm extremely excited for Laurels journey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
I wonder if that's a wig like Sarah had? I wanted her to dye her hair
Laurels hair may be blonde but she still needs to conceal her identity. People would find out who she is too quickly otherwise. In the future she might not wear the wig, since Dinah Laurel Lance never did, she might dye her hair the same colour as the wig, or the wig might not work for her in the episodes and falls off causing her to dye her hair instead. I can't wait to see her outfit evolve either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
I understand where you're coming from although Sara was never supposed to be Black Canary in the long run. She didn't exist in the comics even though I'm proud of her adaption, her name isn't Dinah Laurel Lance and DC would not allow those changes to The Black Canary. Also, Sara didn't have the traits of The Black Canary. While she may have had badass fighting skills she was an assassin, the Black Canary always looks towards justice, not murder, Sara chose her path and returned to the league of assassins, and while Laurel shown her a more heroic path Sara didn't take it, she felt the league was her home. The whole point of the Black Canary is to honour the past deceased relative. Laurel has always been pushed into the direction of The Black Canary, Sara was the beginning of the origin story, The Canary. I wish she wouldn't have died and she could have trained Laurel, but Malcolm got in the way to further the leagues story.

You haven't seen the upcoming episodes yet so you shouldn't judge Laurel as The Black Canary until they have aired. If you still don't warm upto her after that, then that's your choice

- Katie
Old 01-10-2015, 03:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrow fan (View Post)
Are you having fun with your trolling? Sara was always part of Lauren's origin story. I also don't get why people who dislike her want to post here. But knock yourself out.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Are you having fun with your trolling? Sara was always part of Lauren's origin story. I also don't get why people who dislike her want to post here. But knock yourself out.
I agree. I dont get why someone who doesn't like Laurel would want to come post in her thread on her board. Just ignore the posts. A troll only has power if we pay attention.

Old 01-10-2015, 04:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I agree. I dont get why someone who doesn't like Laurel would want to come post in her thread on her board.
I prob shouldn't have said anything. I saw some very illuminating comments on another thread. I just want this to be a happy place
Old 01-10-2015, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I prob shouldn't have said anything. I saw some very illuminating comments on another thread. I just want this to be a happy place
We have every right to say something it's our board. But like I said just ignore it because haters don't get a voice on our board. Let's take after Katie and only respond to her fans .

Old 01-10-2015, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
We have every right to say something it's our board. But like I said just ignore it because haters don't get a voice on our board. Let's take after Katie and only respond to her fans .
Exactly. I am so stoked for her to become the black canary. Is that window at laurel's apartment or somewhere else.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

I still can't believe its happening! She's going to be amazing! I can't imagine anyone else being a more perfect Laurel then Katie

Old 01-10-2015, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight_shine (View Post)
I could introduce you to a couple! I met so many amazing Laurel supporters last year. Thank you very much, I love yours too
oh I barely make anything cause I'm too lazy and what others make are so good
I'd love to know about those I only follow like 5 or 6 so you can PM me their url's or on tumblr, that'd be great ^^

Old 01-10-2015, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wonder how Oliver will react when he sees Laurel out there fighting crime. Even if he doesn't know its her yet I'm curious what his reaction will be to a new mystery person. I wonder if Roy or Diggle or even Felicity will be the one to tell Oliver about Laurel.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

it'd be really hot if Laurel and Oliver had a fight all suited-up when he still had no idea who she was and after some nice moves she'd take her mask off and say something cool and Oliver would be all whaaaaa
but that's too cliché I guess

Old 01-10-2015, 04:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Maybe Oliver will be all hot and bothered over seeing her in uniform

Old 01-11-2015, 08:55 AM
Master Fan

thank you so much for this thread

so pleased for Laurel , The Black Canary
Old 01-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
oh I barely make anything cause I'm too lazy and what others make are so good
I'd love to know about those I only follow like 5 or 6 so you can PM me their url's or on tumblr, that'd be great ^^
I can get really lazy at times too It's expected when you make stuff.
Of course! I'll send you their URL's soon, they're such lovely girls and some of my greatest friends on there. They love meeting new Laurel lovers like they need air

Oliver and Dinah Laurel Lance got into physical fights in the comics too, so I'm pretty sure the writers will take that route

There's a panel today with some of the male cast of Arrow and Katie as the only female who's going to be attending the event so we may get some news on Laurel and The Black Canary If I hear of anything, I'll be sure to post it since I run an Arrow spoilers blog on Tumblr

- Katie