Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Fan

I don't want her to get a love interest until they get her to the right point in development.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Laurel has had so much pain in her life and I think she has the right to date and have love. IMO she is more developed than half the fools on the show. Diggle is a walking talking prop. Fixity is still a magical computer it enigma. Laurel has been shown to struggle, feel pain and have an infinite capacity for forgiveness. How many would really forgive their sister or Oliver for what they did. She has struggled with alcholism. I am actually sick if that being used against her because it's a disease and it was going to either happen to her or Sara because their dad was one. The girl has not gotten any in two years. The last time she did she felt guilty and that sent her into in a cycle of depression. I want laurel to get more development but to me that's separate from her having a love interest. Those two things shouldn't be tied IMO. It's not like she has had a revolving door of men. She has only ever slept with two men.
Old 01-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have to admit that the first time I watched Arrow.. I wanted Laurel and Oliver, but I don't think Oliver is anywhere near good enough for Laurel right now. I appreciate their friendship but even then Oliver has work to do on his end of that I don't mind if Laurel gets a love interest, but I would much rather them focus on Laurel/BC's story for her.. Laurel is such a strong character and to see her finally getting some good storylines to work with is very exciting to watch as her fan

Quote:
Fixity is still a magical computer it enigma
Old 01-03-2015, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glader|4|Life (View Post)
I have to admit that the first time I watched Arrow.. I wanted Laurel and Oliver, but I don't think Oliver is anywhere near good enough for Laurel right now. I appreciate their friendship but even then Oliver has work to do on his end of that I don't mind if Laurel gets a love interest, but I would much rather them focus on Laurel/BC's story for her.. Laurel is such a strong character and to see her finally getting some good storylines to work with is very exciting to watch as her fan

That was actually my autocorrect. I didn't even realize how funny that sounded till now. Yeah they have good chem, but he needs a personality overhaul before he is anywhere near ready for her. I just want her to have good story and be happy. I just don't think one precludes the other.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:39 AM
Ultimate Fan

I feel like they have ruined the possibility of Ollie/Laurel ever really getting back together without feeling forced. This is the guy who cheated on her with her sister, got her sister "killed", comes back and dates her again, they dump each other, sister is "alive", he keeps that secret from her, dates sister again, sister is dead now. Not to mention that any love that he had for Laurel originally seems to be gone.
Old 01-03-2015, 04:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

IMO anything is possible. Ollie magically grew feels for fixity. At this point I don't think he deserves her, but I do believe laurel deserves love. She has more than earned it.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:22 AM
Ultimate Fan

I hope Ted will come back again he was so good for Laurel. What a shame there is no spoilers about them yet.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
IMO anything is possible. Ollie magically grew feels for fixity. At this point I don't think he deserves her, but I do believe laurel deserves love. She has more than earned it.
That is pretty much how I feel.

Of course I don't really buy Oliver's love for Felicity at all.. it seems so fake... it honestly seemed like it came out of nowhere... one episode Felicity was being dopey and putting her foot in her mouth about how she loves having Oliver's voice in her (or something like that) and Oliver just sort of awkwardly ignoring her blabbering.. to him being all in love with her Season 1 and parts of season 2 still had Oliver being very much in love with Laurel. I just wish that they wouldn't screw Laurel and Ollie's friendship up over it.. I feel like they are separating Laurel to much from Oliver, just so that everyone will know his love is for Felicity only and that is just bad writing. Laurel is very important to Oliver's story and vice verser.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
That is pretty much how I feel.

Of course I don't really buy Oliver's love for Felicity at all.. it seems so fake... it honestly seemed like it came out of nowhere... one episode Felicity was being dopey and putting her foot in her mouth about how she loves having Oliver's voice in her (or something like that) and Oliver just sort of awkwardly ignoring her blabbering.. to him being all in love with her Season 1 and parts of season 2 still had Oliver being very much in love with Laurel. I just wish that they wouldn't screw Laurel and Ollie's friendship up over it.. I feel like they are separating Laurel to much from Oliver, just so that everyone will know his love is for Felicity only and that is just bad writing. Laurel is very important to Oliver's story and vice verser.
Yeah, I just don't like the whole nerdy-girl trope. Never have never will. If it happened organically that would be something else, but there is no reason to shaft Laurel and her friendship/history with Oliver just because. I also am pissed that Sara basically got away with being the worst sister in the history of sisters and nobody even bothers to give her the side-eye.

As for Ted, I like him I do, but the actor is contracted on another network. I'm afraid that ship has sailed........pun intended. I would love for her to get some other guy and tommy don't count. He's as vanilla as oliver.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:46 AM
Extreme Fan

First of all, from of here she will forever be known as "Fixity".

Secondly, why did the fool producers let the actor get signed away? Ted and Laurel are great together.

Thirdly, if Tommy is somehow resurrected maybe he is evil? I would love to see a Black Canary and Dark Archer (Evil!Tommy) romance and being arch-nemesis.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
I trust Suzanne. There's never any bias from her so I think that FINALLY we have something to look forward to.

But weren't we promised that Laurel would be getting a love interest this season.
I think Ted Grant was supposed to be it but they chose an actor who is a regular on another show
Old 01-03-2015, 07:26 PM
Ultimate Fan

Do you know who it is
Old 01-03-2015, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Yeah, I just don't like the whole nerdy-girl trope. Never have never will. If it happened organically that would be something else, but there is no reason to shaft Laurel and her friendship/history with Oliver just because. I also am pissed that Sara basically got away with being the worst sister in the history of sisters and nobody even bothers to give her the side-eye.
I don't mind the trope... but in some shows it is just so over done and Arrow is one of them. I feel like they try so hard with Felicity.. I used to think her foot in mouth disease was cute, but now it is just overkill

The whole Sara thing annoyed me as well. I couldn't believe the writers made Laurel out to be the horrible one.. I was so disgusted with that part of season 2. I don't think I will ever forget when Oliver told Laurel to go have another drink and that it would be on him.. so gross
Old 01-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
I don't mind the trope... but in some shows it is just so over done and Arrow is one of them. I feel like they try so hard with Felicity.. I used to think her foot in mouth disease was cute, but now it is just overkill

The whole Sara thing annoyed me as well. I couldn't believe the writers made Laurel out to be the horrible one.. I was so disgusted with that part of season 2. I don't think I will ever forget when Oliver told Laurel to go have another drink and that it would be on him.. so gross
That was so gross. Oliver is so problematic because of his constant misogyny.
Old 01-04-2015, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

I just couldn't believe the writers went there.. it was so out of line and disgusting. I seriously wanted to punch Oliver in the face.. I never really hated Oliver until that moment. I mean there are moments where he annoys me, but there are moments where some of my most favourite characters annoy me as well, but that line just really made me hate him in that moment.