Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2015, 01:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
I couldn't BELIEVE they were doing that! I don't know why that of all things shocked me that they would do, but it did.

As for the comics thing...I was never a huge Flash reader (well, not a Barry Flash at any rate) before the New52. But I've been on a number of comic fan boards and I saw Flash panels and reviews before I started reading the title (and before the show was announced). I remember laughing at several of them because Iris seemed to be so b*tchy - which isn't a criticism. I usually like a little b*tch in my characters. Or, rather, my favorite characters tend to have a little in them. But they made me curious about the character so I always wanted to check it out...which is why I started getting the title in the New 52.

I don't remember off hand where I saw them since at the time it wasn't that big of a deal to me. But if you give me a few weeks, I'll see if I can track them down. My mom's just had surgery so I probably won't get around to it until she's more on the mend (sorry! But I will try to remember where I last saw those panels! It's just been a while).
Oh, I am sorry for your mom, hope she gets well very soon.

There are certain fans that could go out of limits and I don't feel like bashing my own head at a desk, but bashing theirs, so I try not to mingle at all in the first place. Better stay off the fight, but some are crazy serious about fandom!
LOL, sure you wouldn't want to touch the Arrow fandom with "a ten foot pole" (that cracked me up!) , they are more crazy than us!

Okay, now I understand, yes, as a character in the comics, Iris seemed b****y and bossy at times, as if Barry was her subordinate. As for me, I have only looked into the New 52 for the Killer Frost to see how the story was. No problem, you need not to spend time and find it for me, just look after your mom please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina31 (View Post)
I like that policy. I don't hate Candice Patton. I think she's beautiful. I do, since the first time I saw her in ep. 1.

I just don't feel their (Barry & Iris) chemistry, that's all. She's Iris West, I get it, but everything Iris West had in comic lead me to Caitlin, even better (Iris West in the comic in kind of annoying too).

Her emotionless words "I need you to urinate in this" cracked me up. How could she said that to a person who just woke up from 9 months coma? XD
(FYI I love Sheldon and Hermione, and Caitlin reminds me of them a little bit)

And after that funny moment, in her next scene, she told Barry that she lost everything in particle accelerator accident. I was like, hey writer, you want us to love this girl, right?
Same for me, Candice is okay, but the way they have written her is too bad! She fits no close to Iris from comics and the reason for which WA lacks chemistry, on the other hand, as you said, Snowbarry has a lot more chemistry and reasons to love them, the empathy comes automatically as their interaction seems more realistic than plain heading towards canon/ what everyone already knows! Caitlin Snow probably is the better alter ego of Killer Frost than her predecessors Crystal Frost, Louise Lincoln or Loren Fontier. She's serious and can be funny at the same time, exactly, just like Sheldon and Hermione, also reminds me of Skye from AoS. Barry and Caitlin have mutual feelings more than Barry and Iris, watching the show making it feel that way. Now, only the writers could possibly know what is to follow.

https://www.youtube.com/user/josephineroy2000
Old 05-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet. Can you send the link?

Every Flash comic, literally, have one special panel to show the reader about this magical suit and ring
See, how the suit springs up from the ring (which is supposed to belong to the original Flash and not Reverse Flash). When Barry says, "You can't beat three of us at the same time." Wells replies, "This is gonna be fun!"

Old 05-07-2015, 02:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gimme cute scenes and I'll be happy.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Same! I don't know if we'll be getting as many cute snowbarry scenes from here on out but I really hope we do.
Old 05-07-2015, 04:02 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
Gimme cute scenes and I'll be happy.
we're running out cute gif... someone please make it. I can't make cute gif.

Last edited by Nina31; 05-07-2015 at 08:10 PM
Old 05-07-2015, 04:07 PM
New Fan

I watched Arrow season 3, episode 22 a couple minutes ago... Did Oliver really really marry to Nyssa?
Please don't make another wedding in Flash TT_TT

BTW, I made terrible mistake.
I joined Eddie Thawne thread (because I like him), but I wrote this in one of my message

"Did you guys notice that Caitlin smile when Barry said "Rainbow Raider"? They are so cute XD"

That message supposed to be in this thread, but maybe I got distract and put it in there instead. And I just notice it like an hour ago... and erased it immediately

Last edited by Nina31; 05-07-2015 at 08:23 PM
Old 05-07-2015, 11:39 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenerys.t (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 05-08-2015, 07:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
Don't be kidding yourself.
Spoiler:

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-08-2015, 08:45 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Spoiler:
Or maybe he's sad because he knows that the future is going to change everybody's life somehow.

I am pretty much excited to see the RING!

Last edited by roy2311; 05-08-2015 at 09:06 AM
Old 05-08-2015, 10:17 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Spoiler:
I didn't mean it as romance things. But Ronnie asked Caitlin to leave Central City once. Naturally, after the wedding, she will move with him, maybe to another city, leaving Barry, Cisco, and Iris.

I'm afraid they will replace Caitlin with Iris as the only girl in STAR Labs. C'mon... Iris have to be the central of Barry's life, right? And Caitlin will face her own journey as Killer Frost

I think about how the writers paid attention to fans reaction lately. They want to make sure, they're not making the same mistakes like they did in Arrow. They made Caitlin and Cisco look so dumb in ep. 21, replace Harrison Wells motivational words with Iris, cut snowbarry's scene.... to make sure, Iris have no rival.

Last edited by Nina31; 05-08-2015 at 05:35 PM
Old 05-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Always making him feel better:

stydiaislove on tumblr
Old 05-08-2015, 12:19 PM
Dedicated Fan

Nah. I SERIOUSLY doubt they'll get rid of Caitlin or move her to the new series. (Although I'm sure I'm in the minority, at least in this thread, because I wouldn't mind much in terms of her character if they did move her over. I probably would enjoy her just as much wherever she is as a non-Caitlin shipper for the most part. I would be irritated to lose the only other female character on the show, though.) I think Ronnie's staying because she is.

Anyway, if they moved her over, there'd be THREE recurring female characters on that show. Talking and interacting on a regular basis! Maybe about things outside of the men! No way THAT would be allowed to happen!
Old 05-08-2015, 01:06 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
Anyway, if they moved her over, there'd be THREE recurring female characters on that show. Talking and interacting on a regular basis! Maybe about things outside of the men! No way THAT would be allowed to happen!
This show and Arrow struggle so much with writing female relationships. It's especially odd on The Flash because the writer's room is mostly made up of women. I want to watch the ladies converse about something other than the guys. They get enough screen time as is, they don't have to be brought into the very few female-female conversations. I hope the show runners fix this soon, but I'm not counting on it.

Last edited by MauderMaven; 05-08-2015 at 01:19 PM
Old 05-08-2015, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's move away from the edding-way talk as it's a spoiler
Old 05-08-2015, 03:16 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
They make Caitlin and Cisco looked dumb in ep. 21, replace Harrison Wells motivational words with Iris, cut snowbarry's scene.... to make sure, Iris have no rival.
That seemed like it to me! I just thought why couldn't Caitlin or Cisco come up with a solution? They did it before even when there was Wells. The writers made them seem foolish bringing Iris to be Barry's saver at the last moment. What a pity.

Someone hit me in the head.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top