Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2015, 08:01 AM
New Fan

I just watched episode 21 (late I know).... Was Cisco tinkering with Wells' CCTV early in the episode? It seems that Barry will find out Caitlin kissed the fake-Barry back through this CCTV and starts to realize that he might have feelings for Caitlin. Hence the sad face during Caitlin-Ronnie wedding...
Old 05-07-2015, 08:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenerys.t (View Post)
I just watched episode 21 (late I know).... Was Cisco tinkering with Wells' CCTV early in the episode? It seems that Barry will find out Caitlin kissed the fake-Barry back through this CCTV and starts to realize that he might have feelings for Caitlin. Hence the sad face during Caitlin-Ronnie wedding...
Yeah, that's not happening...

"아 아까는 못 받아서 미안해
친구를 만나느라
shy shy shy
Old 05-07-2015, 08:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maud&Danny (View Post)
Yeah, that's not happening...
Uh-huh, we are doomed by the writers, if not officially, then unofficialy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/josephineroy2000
Old 05-07-2015, 09:33 AM
New Fan

Ok, maybe it's just my wish w/ the cctv thing

Spoiler:
Old 05-07-2015, 10:20 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenerys.t (View Post)
Ok, maybe it's just my wish w/ the cctv thing

Spoiler:
I do hope, he looks sad because Caitlin decided to marry Ronnie... But after what they've done in ep 21. I just want to set my snowbarry's hope in low bar.

This is only the first season, not the right moment to make that huge change. The Flash comic have a huge fanbase even bigger than the shipper. Although most of them admit that WA drama was kind of annoying (you can read it in all review), they still want the writer and the producer following the comic storyline (not for the sake of Barry Allen, but mostly for the sake of Wally West - the most popular Flash alter ego). So I guess, snowbarry won't happen sooner.

But that's okay for me, as long as they don't cut snowbarry scenes anymore. Because the truth is, it's better to see snowbarry without unnecessary drama (if you know what I mean). Moments like helping each other, taking care of each other, looking at each other, smiling at each other, (you can add those cute comedy moments too)... are enough to set my soul on fire XD.

But I do wish, Caitlin isn't engage to Ronnie anymore...
Old 05-07-2015, 11:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Frustration stems from the show and the fandom in general. I also don't think you can avoid the intense hate that's found in the flash fandom. It's truly everywhere, even here. I don't even want to look in other threads but I do sometimes. When you ship SB, it's hard not to address the hate because, like I said, it is everywhere. It's the elephant in the room. I went to the spoilers tag once and I'm never doing that again. I ship every ship on this show anyway, it's just that snowbarry's my favorite!

Quote:
This is only the first season, not the right moment to make that huge change.
Agreed. I think if Barry is
Spoiler:
Old 05-07-2015, 11:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina31 (View Post)
I do hope, he looks sad because Caitlin decided to marry Ronnie... But after what they've done in ep 21. I just want to set my snowbarry's hope in low bar.

This is only the first season, not the right moment to make that huge change. The Flash comic have a huge fanbase even bigger than the shipper. Although most of them admit that WA drama was kind of annoying (you can read it in all review), they still want the writer and the producer following the comic storyline (not for the sake of Barry Allen, but mostly for the sake of Wally West - the most popular Flash alter ego). So I guess, snowbarry won't happen sooner.

But that's okay for me, as long as they don't cut snowbarry scenes anymore. Because the truth is, it's better to see snowbarry without unnecessary drama (if you know what I mean). Moments like helping each other, taking care of each other, looking at each other, smiling at each other, (you can add those cute comedy moments too)... are enough to set my soul on fire XD.

But I do wish, Caitlin isn't engage to Ronnie anymore...
Yes, just read some fan wrote, "why cant you get the role of Iris West ? hope you marry Barry", I mean yes, it could have been. She's the sweet, caring character that resembles the Iris from the comics. The Iris on the TV show is a bit stubborn and arrogant at times. Wally West is the main reason why they can't deviate from the pairing like they did in Arrow (even though I don't watch it, I read about it) I just hope Barry's sad face in the wedding will have something to do with Caitlin, Ronnie isn't permanent and why are we forgetting? He is not her boyfriend/ husband in the comics, Caitlin Snow doesn't know Ronnie there, she only meets Firestorm after she becomes Killer Frost. See, how much change they have already made from comics into the show. I wonder if things will loosen up a bit for Snowbarry too.

Last edited by roy2311; 05-07-2015 at 11:13 AM
Old 05-07-2015, 11:09 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauderMaven (View Post)
I went to the spoilers tag once and I'm never doing that again. I ship every ship on this show anyway, it's just that snowbarry's my favorite! [/sp]
I am never going back that way again!

Old 05-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy2311 (View Post)
I am never going back that way again!
I guess the "no bashing" policy only applies in the snowbarry thread. Every thread I've checked on here has heavily alluded to shade towards Caitlin and SB but it is what it is.

Moving on! As for next week's episode, I'm interested to see how
Spoiler:
Old 05-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

There are jerks in every fandom, I'm afraid. There are lovely WA and jerk ones, much like there are lovely and jerky SB shippers. Most people I've talked to have been quite nice...but then I go into the Iris tag on Tumblr and see the anon ask "Which monkey will die first? Grodd or Iris?" And it makes me hate fandom a little.

I think parallels to both Caitlin and Iris can be made in the comics, but that's what happens with so many years of history. I've seen some panels where Iris is something of a b**ch.

Anyway, I tend to be laid back about other ships. I actually think it's nice to talk to people in other ships because otherwise it can be a bit insular and the only interactions you have are with the awful people who say your fav character is useless, should die, is stupid, is a sl*t, etc. Or people coming at you to be critic hypocritical because it's almost ALWAYS a double standard against the female characters but never the males. Made me hate Chloe in SV more than I would have done. So it's nice seeing that shippers range (like people irl do) from "lovely" to "wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire." Talking to other shippers helps you keep perspective of characters...provided you can find nice ones.

Also, I figure nobody has control over the shipping other than TPTB, so there's no point in having all the vitriol. In the next 10 years (maybe), there will be moments shippers love and hate. As I've said before, even if they never do SB for real, I'm sure they'll give the shippers "moments" every season. Ditto for all the other ships.

Stressing other ships is pointless. I get enough heartburn from my own; I don't have time to worry about other people's!

Last edited by Jade4813; 05-07-2015 at 11:34 AM
Old 05-07-2015, 11:37 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I guess the "no bashing" policy only applies in the snowbarry thread. Every thread I've checked on here has heavily alluded to shade towards Caitlin and SB but it is what it is.

Spoiler:
I wonder what brings him back and how he's come along with controlling his powers. I still don't know what they'll do with him if he's not moving over to the spinoff. Will he and VS separate? And if there's a hint of KF, how will that appear?

There are supposed to be big surprises in the finale, so I really can't wait.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:40 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Spoiler:
To avoid bashing I rarely visit these places as I have already had my experiences, it's peaceful to be quiet. Firestorm has a secondary story line in the Flash comics, so I want to see how far they take it.

I am excited to see the ring and how Reverse Flash's suit comes out of it from the new trailer. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jade4813 (View Post)
I think parallels to both Caitlin and Iris can be made in the comics, but that's what happens with so many years of history. I've seen some panels where Iris is something of a b**ch.
People can say so many nasty things about ships they don't like, there was a certain SB hater who I found constantly bashed each and every SB fan in facebook in every posts and comments, so I had to take action and shut his mouth! >

What do you mean by "I've seen some panels where Iris is something of a b**ch."?

Old 05-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
To avoid bashing I rarely visit these places as I have already had my experiences, it's peaceful to be quiet. Firestorm has a secondary story line in the Flash comics, so I want to see how far they take it.

I am excited to see the ring and how Reverse Flash's suit comes out of it from the new trailer. ^_^
I couldn't BELIEVE they were doing that! I don't know why that of all things shocked me that they would do, but it did.

Quote:
People can say so many nasty things about ships they don't like, there was a certain SB hater who I found constantly bashed each and every SB fan in facebook in every posts and comments, so I had to take action and shut his mouth! >

What do you mean by "I've seen some panels where Iris is something of a b**ch."?
Yup. Even within your own group, there's a certain percentage of people who make you just want to beat your head against a desk. Sadly, sometimes all the tension drives nice people away. (I wanted to watch Arrow but having been on the periphery long enough to see the Olicity/Lauriver and Felicity/Laurel fans go at it...not sure I want to touch that fandom with a ten foot pole!

As for the comics thing...I was never a huge Flash reader (well, not a Barry Flash at any rate) before the New52. But I've been on a number of comic fan boards and I saw Flash panels and reviews before I started reading the title (and before the show was announced). I remember laughing at several of them because Iris seemed to be so b*tchy - which isn't a criticism. I usually like a little b*tch in my characters. Or, rather, my favorite characters tend to have a little in them. But they made me curious about the character so I always wanted to check it out...which is why I started getting the title in the New 52.

I don't remember off hand where I saw them since at the time it wasn't that big of a deal to me. But if you give me a few weeks, I'll see if I can track them down. My mom's just had surgery so I probably won't get around to it until she's more on the mend (sorry! But I will try to remember where I last saw those panels! It's just been a while).
Old 05-07-2015, 12:36 PM
New Fan

Quote:
[/sp]
I like that policy. I don't hate Candice Patton. I think she's beautiful. I do, since the first time I saw her in ep. 1.

I just don't feel their (Barry & Iris) chemistry as a couple, that's all. She was like his sister... (childhood crush, I get it, but literally grown up in a same house. I don't know where the hell the writers got this idea)

Beside, everything Iris West had in comic lead me to Caitlin, even better (Iris West in the comic in kind of annoying too). Her emotionless words "I need you to urinate in this" cracked me up. How could she said that to a person who just woke up from 9 months coma? XD
(FYI I love Sheldon and Hermione, and Caitlin reminds me of them a little bit)

And after that funny moment, in her next scene, she told Barry that she lost everything in particle accelerator accident. I was like, hey writer, you want us to love this girl, right?

Last edited by Nina31; 05-07-2015 at 01:04 PM
Old 05-07-2015, 12:51 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I haven't seen it yet. Can you send the link?

Every Flash comic, literally, have one special panel to show the reader about this magical suit and ring
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top