Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2017, 04:36 AM
Loyal Fan

505 was when the wheels really came off for me. .

Up to then it was becoming clear that the balance was way over in the direction of Rayna/Deacon/Maddie but I wanted to love these new writers so badly that I tried to ignore it. And yes I'm a huge huge Javery fan but I also like and am interested in watching most other characters with the exception of Maddie.

I can't anymore and I can't come on here or twitter or wherever and pretend everything is Rainbows and unicorns and puppies just because the really loud Deyna bullies on twitter are happy!

I didn't watch 507 either and I'm not going to be rushing to watch 508 . I didn't make a promise to God that I would love Nashville for ever and ever amen , it's a TV show I want to be entertained and I'm not . Simple as that.

It's boring . All this crap about going deeper . Where exactly (outside of Deyna /Maddie) have we gone deep ? And btw going deeper with Maddie is the LAST thing I want to watch.

And I 100% agree with you Jjou they have messed up badly with this imbalance , Javery/Will/Scunnar fans are sick to death of getting less screentime and dull stories and the neutral fans are just plain bored . And no one literally no one is here for teenage drama. Marshall didn't just randomly decide to tweet that on Thursday night. Wonder if they finally woke up.

i can't invest in shows where characters and plots keep disappearing because I lose interest and forget what's happening and I think that's a big problem for a lot of people based on comments I've read . Yes have an a b & c plot but vary it between characters and never exclude anyone totally (unless it's Maddie ).

This might have worked on their old show but that was years ago - times have changed . Things move faster these days people want things now they don't want to wait or be told to be patient - that's why people binge watch box sets on Netflix etc etc.

Last edited by FAB47; 02-12-2017 at 05:49 AM
Old 02-12-2017, 07:07 AM
Master Fan

You guys both couldn't have said it better!

What I don't get is, there's only really 7 main characters they need to write well for. They said they'll focus more on the mains but they haven't. Zach has gotten a lot of screen time and Clay has been given tons of screen time. We've had about the same amount of screen time for Will and Hallie! Why is this happening? And what happened to really getting down to all these characters and their deep connections to each other? I haven't seen that yet. It's almost like watching a movie made up of different shows. It's not cohesive like it used to be. Remember when their lives were all linked to each others and we saw it? It feels like some of these characters are strangers or even acquaintances. They need more group scenes
Old 02-12-2017, 07:21 AM
Loyal Fan

I totally agree. I was talking to a friend yesterday about how we never see the Bluebird anymore. It was fun when some of them were working there and others were performing there. I liked the way the characters walked in and out of each others' lives. And if it wasn't the Bluebird, then it was the Opry or a concert or a party. Now they're all in their own little worlds. So many scenes are shot in someone's living room, and it's very static.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:42 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I totally agree. I was talking to a friend yesterday about how we never see the Bluebird anymore. It was fun when some of them were working there and others were performing there. I liked the way the characters walked in and out of each others' lives. And if it wasn't the Bluebird, then it was the Opry or a concert or a party. Now they're all in their own little worlds. So many scenes are shot in someone's living room, and it's very static.
Yeah it's always quiet house scenes or highway 65. I'm ready for some concert scenes!
Old 02-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Extreme Fan

To be totally fair though, they started having them less involved with each other a while back. Besides the R/D wedding there was a lot of isolated SLs in S4. Look at Will. There was a nationally popular television host harassing him and neither one of his best friends even mentioned it. That's been an ongoing problem that I don't put all on these guys.

They have their own missteps to be responsible for.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
To be totally fair though, they started having them less involved with each other a while back. Besides the R/D wedding there was a lot of isolated SLs in S4. Look at Will. There was a nationally popular television host harassing him and neither one of his best friends even mentioned it. That's been an ongoing problem that I don't put all on these guys.

They have their own missteps to be responsible for.
I just feel like you can really feel it this season more than last season. They also have so much opportunity to tell great music industry stories. Maybe they could have a copyright issue? Two artists fighting over the rights to be the sole owner of a song etc etc. But we're watching a couple struggling with writing an album about their past (which to me is really campy and narcissistic.) a storyline about a musician wanting to sleep with a music video director??? A stalker storyline, a teen and her 24 yearold boyfriend? thet said less soapy but this feels just as soapy to me
Old 02-12-2017, 10:07 AM
Master Fan

Less of the Bluebird isn't really a new thing. Ever since we stopped having any characters working there it's been featured less.

And I feel like the isolation is way less than last season, possibly longer. Every episode they seem to make an effort to have at least a couple scenes connecting characters. Putting together characters that aren't directly involved in each other's stories, talking about what's been going on in each other's lives. They could definitely be doing more on that front but I feel like that's something they've definitely taken steps in the right direction.
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Extreme Fan

I guess they could have Clay start working at the Bluebird. I would say Maddie but I doubt she'd lower herself to be a server or a god forbid a barback.

I don't feel the isolation more this season. My main issue is the hyperfocus on Maddie and the imbalance of screen time. I'm morbidly curious about the S/G/D "love" triangle but Scarlett is taking a beating on social media.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I guess they could have Clay start working at the Bluebird. I would say Maddie but I doubt she'd lower herself to be a server or a god forbid a barback.

I don't feel the isolation more this season. My main issue is the hyperfocus on Maddie and the imbalance of screen time. I'm morbidly curious about the S/G/D "love" triangle but Scarlett is taking a beating on social media.
I was thinking that too, that Clay could work at the Bluebird. But remember when Deacon performed there regularly? He could do that again. It was nice to see the Exes there, but we could have more of that.

But I have to agree that my main issue with this season is the imbalance and focus on Maddie. I had a bad feeling about Maddie when she was featured in that one pre-season ad and Avery wasn't. And I was right. I just can't imagine how all the writers sat down and thought that was a good idea.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal222 (View Post)
I was thinking that too, that Clay could work at the Bluebird. But remember when Deacon performed there regularly? He could do that again. It was nice to see the Exes there, but we could have more of that.

But I have to agree that my main issue with this season is the imbalance and focus on Maddie. I had a bad feeling about Maddie when she was featured in that one pre-season ad and Avery wasn't. And I was right. I just can't imagine how all the writers sat down and thought that was a good idea.
I forgot all about Deacon's regular spot there. Guess he gave that up a long time ago.

I really think the writers didn't realize how disliked Maddie is. If there's anything that almost all the fans agree on, it's that we don't want to see Maddie so much. It's really disheartening. That's why I feel like the complaints are a good thing. If the show didn't know, they'd probably be upping her time on screen instead of possibly eventually cutting back on it. I don't think the entire season is done for but they need to make some changes now if they want even a hope of ending this season on a good note. Not even mentioning renewal.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Master Fan

Deacon hasn't had a regular spot at the Bluebird since early S1. He went on tour with the Revel Kings for five minutes, then joined Juliette's tour and his regular Bluebird performances never came back. I would love if they did but I don't really see it happening

Maddie should have spent the first half of this season locked in her room
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

For me it's not really the lack of the bluebird, more like the constant living-room scenes. Don't get me wrong, yes I want to see them in their home life. I love the three men and a baby scenes but it feels a little too domestic lately. Have we seen Gunnar's music studio this season? not saying it's like this for all characters but it has been for Juliette because of her situation so she's at home or she's at church now. I guess I just want to see more music venues, events etc. It feels a little like, oh here's Rayna and Deacon at home, here's Rayna and Deacon in another room of the house, Maddie and clay in a house, Scarlett and Gunnar sitting in the living room again, oh Deacon and Rayna in the kitchen again. Maybe I'm mistaken but this feels different to me.

The love triangle is the weirdest thing. Something has to actually happen with that. I feel like there can only be a couple of options since we know a little about the fallout. Either Gunnar makes a grand gesture and she's finally on board, Damien leaves town or maybe she sees him working and treating other girls the same way he treated her so she knows she's not exactly special and drops him, or she breaks up with Gunnar- Damien leaves and she stays single only to go back to Gunnar once she finds herself in a predicament. And if this is true can Gunnar have a storyline on his own? Get the feeling he won't be doing much if they actually break up. I wouldn't mind a similar scene to when Luke wrote that song for Rayna in the studio.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:10 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I forgot all about Deacon's regular spot there. Guess he gave that up a long time ago.

I really think the writers didn't realize how disliked Maddie is. If there's anything that almost all the fans agree on, it's that we don't want to see Maddie so much. It's really disheartening. That's why I feel like the complaints are a good thing. If the show didn't know, they'd probably be upping her time on screen instead of possibly eventually cutting back on it. I don't think the entire season is done for but they need to make some changes now if they want even a hope of ending this season on a good note. Not even mentioning renewal.
Really worried there is not time to change anything. Week before last it was said 519 was being written right then. They are probably on 520 by now.

Really hope if there is a S6 these new showrunners leave to focus on their new show Lionsgate announced last week and they take these writers with them to that new show. Bring us showrunners that know how to write for an ensemble instead of just catering to one fanbase each and every episode.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

What is everyone's absolute favourite episode of the series and why? I bet we can pinpoint that why we like the overall episode and it probably has less to do with the ship and more to do with the flow of the episode
Old 02-12-2017, 11:23 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KellieW (View Post)
Really worried there is not time to change anything. Week before last it was said 519 was being written right then. They are probably on 520 by now.

Really hope if there is a S6 these new showrunners leave to focus on their new show Lionsgate announced last week and they take these writers with them to that new show. Bring us showrunners that know how to write for an ensemble instead of just catering to one fanbase each and every episode.
If they're serious about fixing things they'll rewrite what they can. If not, and it continues this way that's the end for Nashville. And if it continues this way, there won't be much of a fanbase left to care which is really sad.