Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2017, 11:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
Gunnar is barely recognizable. Will is a footnote (and I love the Norman Bates reference). This stuff with Scarlett and this Damien idiot is disgusting
I also frequently call him "Manchild in Hoodie". I flip flop
Old 02-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Master Fan

I made a chat if anyone is interested. Going to try and recruit some nashies we'll see if it works out. I just want a place to rant 😜

http://us23.chatzy.com/41153004642226#0
Old 02-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jp10ah (View Post)
I made a chat if anyone is interested. Going to try and recruit some nashies we'll see if it works out. I just want a place to rant ������

Chatzy - Nashville chat
Thanks for the link. For those thinking of joining, the chat isn't Spoiler free so just a warning.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 02-12-2017 at 02:24 PM Reason: added bold
Old 02-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapbubbles511 (View Post)
What was rewritten? I didn't think anything necessarily contradicted what we've heard before. We just have sort of scattered details about their past and then a whole lot that we don't really know the specifics of

Anyways... no Juliette, Will or Avery? We could have at least gotten the Gunnar/Avery stuff that was referenced while Scarlett was out with Damien and he's teaching her things about herself or whatever it is she thinks is happening.

Can Scarlett just dump Gunnar already? She seems miserable with him. From the very beginning I felt he was way more into her than she was into him. And quite often over the past few seasons I've felt like she doesn't even like him. And her telling him to grow up? And acting like she's with him, what else could he want? How about a girlfriend that doesn't seem like she hates being around him? She can go sleep with Damien for all I care. Gunnar can go hang with Will and everyone will be happier.

I could have done without the Maddie/Clay scene at his apartment. I did like the Maddie/Daphne scenes though. But did she have to try to bake a cake and interrupt DR's date night? Maddie ruining everything again

The DR stuff I want more songwriting scenes on the show in general. I loved seeing the process of them struggling and getting frustrated and finally figuring something out and ending up with a song. And the bowling date? I loved it so so much. I love that they were just having fun with each other and playing and just generally enjoying being with each other. My favorite of the night was probably the last music room scene. From her coming in and lying down on the couch with him and the cuddling. And then when the song finally started clicking and they were all giggly and playful and adorable.

And random but one of my favorite lines of the night, Rayna pushing Gene out of the music room to go film the kitchen where they have "lots of good appliances and whatnot"

ETA: Also noticed they gave up trying to figure out what date it's supposed to be. The date on Scarlett's phone when Damien texted her was the episode airdate
I guess I´m not completely sure that Deacon would have been whole 11 years they were together that drunk that he didn´t remember everything, especially since he said in season 1 that accident with Vince made him loose everything, so I figured that was when it got really bad.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

ETA: Also noticed they gave up trying to figure out what date it's supposed to be. The date on Scarlett's phone when Damien texted her was the episode airdate
Forgot to comment on this earlier but this is hilarious to me
Old 02-12-2017, 03:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceTear1 (View Post)
I guess I´m not completely sure that Deacon would have been whole 11 years they were together that drunk that he didn´t remember everything, especially since he said in season 1 that accident with Vince made him loose everything, so I figured that was when it got really bad.
I didn't take that conversation to mean he didn't remember because he was black out drunk. The way they were talking about it was more playful teasing and not the way they talk about his drinking years.

And in S1 one of the few things they mentioned about the Vince accident was that it was 14 years ago. And Maddie was 13 at the time. So I figured that the aftermath of that led to Rayna leaving him and getting with Teddy, not that it was the first time things had gotten bad. He had been in rehab five times, including right before he bought the cabin. So I figure at least the first couple times were well before that accident
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I didn't take that conversation to mean he didn't remember because he was black out drunk. The way they were talking about it was more playful teasing and not the way they talk about his drinking years.

And in S1 one of the few things they mentioned about the Vince accident was that it was 14 years ago. And Maddie was 13 at the time. So I figured that the aftermath of that led to Rayna leaving him and getting with Teddy, not that it was the first time things had gotten bad. He had been in rehab five times, including right before he bought the cabin. So I figure at least the first couple times were well before that accident
Yeah it was out of control before but not that bad. I guess for me it just sounded like they made it like he was always that drunk especially with him saying he was mess back then and then added that line about better not getting together then which sounded like they haven´t been together before (but that one I can side as meaning just time after rehab 5.) I know that I have tendency to think things too much

Nevertheless I loved the episode and all those were just minor things I noticed, but those don´t affect my general feeling of episode

I would say also that they are less isolated now than in last season, where even couples didn´t be part of each others stories.

Quote:
Really hope if there is a S6 these new showrunners leave to focus on their new show Lionsgate announced last week and they take these writers with them to that new show. Bring us showrunners that know how to write for an ensemble instead of just catering to one fanbase each and every episode.
This is interesting, since Callie is also going to move to make that Miami music drama. So maybe that Deadline article that Connie would be able to do pilots is in same vein and just means that there probably won´t be season 6?

Quote:
What is everyone's absolute favourite episode of the series and why? I bet we can pinpoint that why we like the overall episode and it probably has less to do with the ship and more to do with the flow of the episode
Mine is 1x19 and had to admit that it has everything to do with D/R

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-12-2017 at 04:20 PM
Old 02-12-2017, 04:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yeah it was out of control before but not that bad. I guess for me it just sounded like they made it like he was always that drunk especially with him saying he was mess back then and then added that line about better not getting together then which sounded like they haven´t been together before (but that one I can side as meaning just time after rehab 5.) I know that I have tendency to hold on too much on singular sentences and think things too much

Nevertheless I loved the episode and all those were just minor things I noticed, but those don´t affect my general feeling of episode

I would say also that they are less isolated now than in last season, where even couples didn´t be part of each others stories.
What's out of control but not that bad? And as much as I hate to bring anything Luke said into anything, he had that story about the 1992 state fair where he filled in for Deacon who was off drunk somewhere. Or this part from 111 "How many times did I have to go lookin' for you? How many times did I have to drag you out of hotel rooms 'cause you were so wasted I didn't know if you were drunk or dead? I didn't know that the fifth time in rehab was actually gonna take." It's always been implied that the drinking went on at least in stretches for a good many years.

But being a mess doesn't necessarily mean alcoholic either. He was 18-ish and left home to get away from his drunk abusive dad. And what version of the backstory with Beverly have they settled on? That she was supposed to come with him but stayed behind and got pregnant instead. Tbh I think Rayna was probably kind of a mess back then too between her mom dying and dad kicking her out.

In the episode they talked about their first kiss, time at the lake house, writing together, how they used to just go out without any plans etc. Certainly didn't imply they hadn't been together at all. So I took it to mean that they didn't get married back then
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-12-2017, 04:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
What's out of control but not that bad? And as much as I hate to bring anything Luke said into anything, he had that story about the 1992 state fair where he filled in for Deacon who was off drunk somewhere. Or this part from 111 "How many times did I have to go lookin' for you? How many times did I have to drag you out of hotel rooms 'cause you were so wasted I didn't know if you were drunk or dead? I didn't know that the fifth time in rehab was actually gonna take." It's always been implied that the drinking went on at least in stretches for a good many years.

But being a mess doesn't necessarily mean alcoholic either. He was 18-ish and left home to get away from his drunk abusive dad. And what version of the backstory with Beverly have they settled on? That she was supposed to come with him but stayed behind and got pregnant instead. Tbh I think Rayna was probably kind of a mess back then too between her mom dying and dad kicking her out.

In the episode they talked about their first kiss, time at the lake house, writing together, how they used to just go out without any plans etc. Certainly didn't imply they hadn't been together at all. So I took it to mean that they didn't get married back then
Well it was bad before, but I meant what Deacon told then that after that accident it got even worse than it was before. So extremely bad.

And I don´t see point in arguing about this. Since it wasn´t that big deal anyway. It was just something I started to think about. And sorry if I offended you somehow, it´s just how I have seen it and we all see things little differently based on our own views and experiences.

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-12-2017 at 04:44 PM
Old 02-12-2017, 04:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Well it was bad before, but I meant what Deacon told then that after that accident it got even worse than it was before. So extremely bad.

And I don´t see point in arguing about this. Since it wasn´t that big deal anyway. It was just something I started to think about. And sorry if I offended you somehow, it´s just how I have seen it and we all see things little differently based on our own views and experiences.
Wasn't meant to be an argument Just most of the details about their backstory are kinda fuzzy and don't always add up. But I'm also one to try to take all the stray lines we've got and try to piece them together somehow
Sarah [youtube]
Old 02-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

people are hating on Scarlett on youtube. I wouldn't understand how anyone can side with her at this point but im shocked to see how many people are against her behaviour
Old 02-13-2017, 03:29 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Wasn't meant to be an argument Just most of the details about their backstory are kinda fuzzy and don't always add up. But I'm also one to try to take all the stray lines we've got and try to piece them together somehow
Glad to hear all is ok I guess I wasn´t clear enough what I meant when writing in middle of the night with headache

Just meant that from what we had seen before it seemed to be gradual thing with his drinking which culminated from bad to worse after that accident. I think you are right that saying he was messed up doesn´t necessarily meant drinking, it just has seemed earlier that all are considered to be his drinkings fault even when it´s not the only reason. So that´s why I´m maybe too sensitive with these since I love both Deacon and Rayna and try to see their faults as they are even when show tries to make all always on Deacon.

Just watched episode second time and have to say it is even better with second watching Because now I could watch it as whole instead of being too stuck on details while trying to find clues to this stalker thing And has to admit it all could be taken lighter also than as I first saw it

Last edited by IceTear1; 02-13-2017 at 07:17 AM