Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-09-2017, 10:24 PM
Extreme Fan

That was a one and done episode for me. I'll just say that Clay talking to Deacon was my favorite part. Scarlett's hair looks great. Gunnar is unrecognizable to me.

It made me sad to think that Juliette and Avery would never have an episode that focuses on them like this. The writers just don't seem to be invested in them.

And since I'm never watching again, what did Gunnar say to Scarlett about going over Juliette's? I was distracted.

ETA: Thanks for that review, Crystal. Good to see we're not the only ones noticing how crazy this is. I have no idea what the rationale is behind what they're doing. They could have easily given us something even if it was just Avery and Gunnar finishing up that song.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup333 (View Post)
That was a one and done episode for me. I'll just say that Clay talking to Deacon was my favorite part. Scarlett's hair looks great. Gunnar is unrecognizable to me.

It made me sad to think that Juliette and Avery would never have an episode that focuses on them like this. The writers just don't seem to be invested in them.

And since I'm never watching again, what did Gunnar say to Scarlett about going over Juliette's? I was distracted.

ETA: Thanks for that review, Crystal. Good to see we're not the only ones noticing how crazy this is. I have no idea what the rationale is behind what they're doing. They could have easily given us something even if it was just Avery and Gunnar finishing up that song.
Marshall and CMT must have seen all the disapointment for him to actually address it in a tweet tonight but I thought his reply was more insulting than anything. So they don't have time to write for J/A in there because they need to go deeper and tell everyone's stories. Pretty sure Deyna never missed a single episode (which is making it even more obvious to where they are going with that IMO), pretty sure Will has no deeper story, same with J/A having the same fight. Yet we get tons and tons of Maddie and Clay. Yeah that was needed
Old 02-09-2017, 11:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbshmdfb (View Post)
Marshall and CMT must have seen all the disapointment for him to actually address it in a tweet tonight but I thought his reply was more insulting than anything. So they don't have time to write for J/A in there because they need to go deeper and tell everyone's stories. Pretty sure Deyna never missed a single episode (which is making it even more obvious to where they are going with that IMO), pretty sure Will has no deeper story, same with J/A having the same fight. Yet we get tons and tons of Maddie and Clay. Yeah that was needed
I'm just so tired. I'm tired of the way this is going and I'm tired of being told to be quiet about it. Stop complaining is easy to say if you're getting everything you want. We're not a monolithic fandom. We are not the Borg. I love R/D but come the **** on. Nothing could be edited so they could fit in a scene of Will, Juliette and Avery? It might have been okay if I believed that they'd make it up to us next week or even the week after but I no longer have that faith in them. We are SEVEN episodes in and the pattern is laid out. If Maddie is absent from any episode going forward I'll be speechless.

I'm not even going to go into the ****show that is now Scarlett and Gunnar. But I am interested in it. Horrified - but they have my attention.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I'm just so tired. I'm tired of the way this is going and I'm tired of being told to be quiet about it. Stop complaining is easy to say if you're getting everything you want. We're not a monolithic fandom. We are not the Borg. I love R/D but come the **** on. Nothing could be edited so they could fit in a scene of Will, Juliette and Avery? It might have been okay if I believed that they'd make it up to us next week or even the week after but I no longer have that faith in them. We are SEVEN episodes in and the pattern is laid out. If Maddie is absent from any episode going forward I'll be speechless.

I'm not even going to go into the ****show that is now Scarlett and Gunnar. But I am interested in it. Horrified - but they have my attention.
Yeah it's like the old trainwreck saying it's so bad you can't look away

Oh and Gunnar's line was about Avery heading over to Juliette's so I guess Gunnar and Avery were hanging out offscreen before Scarlett got there.

Last edited by jbshmdfb; 02-09-2017 at 11:14 PM
Old 02-09-2017, 11:17 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah it's like the old trainwreck saying it's so bad you can't look away

Oh and Gunnar's line was about Avery heading over to Juliette's so I guess Gunnar and Avery were hanging out offscreen before Scarlett got there.
Thanks for doing that and saving me from having to rewatch. Gunnar and Avery were working on a song together. Of course they couldn't bother to show that although it would have been a GREAT scene to show Gunnar being frustrated about he and Scarlett and maybe Avery could have given us some insight about his relationship? I don't know...the offer from the manager could have come up. But what the hell. None of that is important.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Thanks for doing that and saving me from having to rewatch. Gunnar and Avery were working on a song together. Of course they couldn't bother to show that although it would have been a GREAT scene to show Gunnar being frustrated about he and Scarlett and maybe Avery could have given us some insight about his relationship? I don't know...the offer from the manager could have come up. But what the hell. None of that is important.
Well it helped that you told me where to look, I wouldn't have watched the whole thing That said I completely agree. We could have used a G/A equal of the Rayna/Scarlett scene but nope let's give these males no POV at all. One gets the sinner and the other gets the saint portrayal, that is that. I know some people are tired of the negativity but it's hard for the rest of us to be excited about anything when only 4 characters get extreme focus. One of which is Maddie and no one asked for that.

I sure hope Marshall saying for J/A fans to watch next week for focus wasn't a statement full of air.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I sure hope Marshall saying for J/A fans to watch next week for focus wasn't a statement full of air.
Same thing the writer of 505 tweeted after that episode. They wouldn't have to keep saying that if it was balanced. Like I said, I have no faith that they'll do better. They've set the precedent already. Maybe they'll throw us a bone and we'll get a scene or two. Next episode, back to Maddie/Rayna business as usual.
Old 02-09-2017, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Same thing the writer of 505 tweeted after that episode. They wouldn't have to keep saying that if it was balanced. Like I said, I have no faith that they'll do better. They've set the precedent already. Maybe they'll throw us a bone and we'll get a scene or two. Next episode, back to Maddie/Rayna business as usual.
I have come to the realisation today that the reason they let Aubrey go wasn't because of the many reasons they should have written Layla out ages ago but because she doesn't fit the Rayna/Maddie narrative and her being on would have to address the J/A mess of s4 and they just aren't into that so it was easier to just write out the character that would force them to bring it up.

That said happy for Deyna fans they got some good stuff still with this episode. I would take that any day/everyday over Maddie focus.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

As a D/R fan I enjoyed every part of this episode. I mean, it was like a fanfic come true for Deyna shippers
That being said, I'm pretty sure that this was the "last supper". Everyone who does spoilers, knows what I'm talking about !
Old 02-10-2017, 03:11 AM
Dedicated Fan

Pretty sure this was our farewell song. We should soak it in and eat it up, because from now on it will be Javery city every step of the way. Enjoy.

Last edited by danax6; 02-10-2017 at 03:16 AM
Old 02-10-2017, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 (View Post)
Pretty sure this was our farewell song. We should soak it in and eat it up, because from now on it will be Javery city every step of the way. Enjoy.
I wish. More like Maddieville.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:23 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I wish. More like Maddieville.
Yeah, we should bomb Maddieville.
Old 02-10-2017, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

I don't think the scenes are really breathable, they're more like so long it's starts to get a little boring. The entire SG storyline over 6 episodes could have been reduced to one episode of they were just allowed to talk instead they had Gunnar walk away from Scarlett two times after a long talk with too many pauses.

Avery could have fit into anyone's storyline. Just allow him to be onscreen at least. I'm still upset about the lack of music though. I don't even love the Rayna and Deacon song and I wanted to so bad
Old 02-10-2017, 06:27 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah, we should bomb Maddieville.
Maddieville will bomb itself. There's no hope in hell of that being a success.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Extreme Fan

I'll probably watch it again, but I have to say that even as a Rayna/Deacon fan I didn't really love this episode. The writing together at the end was nice...as well as the make out behind the building , but I felt that it just didn't seem to flow well story wise. I mean they'd written a song together in the last year or so, and I'm sure they worked on music a little bit all the years he was in her band. I understand this was more personal, but it just felt like all of a sudden Rayna was upset out of nowhere. The drama felt a little manufactured for me. This might be my last Nashville episode.