Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2017, 11:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Paula, it's not at all frustrating No worries. You just still enjoy the talent to enjoy the show as it is because you don't recall every single detail. Us doing that takes away the fun of the show a bit, really.

And I doubt that you'd change your opinion so easily. You have some kind of impression of a situation and to some degree you should trust your guts. It's simple as that and we don't need to agree on everything It's just fine that way as well.

Okay, guys, thanks for clarifying that I wasn't delusional yet. Paula, your post really made me struggle here and question myself and what I recalled
Old 04-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Don't change your opinion. That's what makes the discussion fun.
Old 04-19-2017, 07:48 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl under the floor (View Post)
You know, I'm with nsuzd for the most part. I know, y'all are surprised

See, to me the show is ultimately about Liz & Red.
Not necessarily together, but about the two of them.

And I see lots of people saying Kate betrayed Red by helping Liz to fake her death. Which is true, obviously.
But what about Liz? What I really love about what Kate did and the why she did it, is that she was helping Liz.
Like nsuzd said, without Kate, Kirk would've found and gotten Liz way earlier. Or do we believe that Red would've kept that from happening? He didn't. It happened.

So as much as I'm acknowledging that Kate betrayed Red, I'm also loving that in doing so, she helped Liz.
And whilst I like Red better than I do Liz, in this case I'm on Liz's side cause I can relate to the mother wanting to protect her child
The show WAS ultimately about Red and Liz. WAS. for some reason, the writers have elected Liz to become a bit player, never developing her character any further, and have it now centered strictly around Red. To me, the mistake was the whole 'baby' story line. it was FORCED. just because Meghan was prego in real life, didnt mean they had to write such a major part of the story around Liz having a kid.
Thank God they are bringing back Mr Kaplan. Hopefully, she will be around for awhile (and Dembe also) and not be a one-and-done in this two hour special.
Tomorrow will tell alot. They better come up with some good intrigue and a sub plot that will carry it forward. i'm done caring about Liz and her baby's welfare.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Welcome

Mr Kaplan will be in next episode?
Old 04-20-2017, 05:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryk13 (View Post)
The show WAS ultimately about Red and Liz. WAS. for some reason, the writers have elected Liz to become a bit player, never developing her character any further, and have it now centered strictly around Red. To me, the mistake was the whole 'baby' story line. it was FORCED. just because Meghan was prego in real life, didnt mean they had to write such a major part of the story around Liz having a kid.
Thank God they are bringing back Mr Kaplan. Hopefully, she will be around for awhile (and Dembe also) and not be a one-and-done in this two hour special.
Tomorrow will tell alot. They better come up with some good intrigue and a sub plot that will carry it forward. i'm done caring about Liz and her baby's welfare.
Welcome to the board and this thread. I couldn't agree with you more and I know more people will. They should have never started the baby storyline, it ruined so much. So many other shows have pregnant actresses that are not pregnant on the show and they find way to hide it so why couldn't our writers? I really hope Mr. Kaplan will stick around and not just for tonight's episodes. And yes the better come up with something really good that is not going to disappoint us.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:59 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda (View Post)
Welcome to the board and this thread. I couldn't agree with you more and I know more people will. They should have never started the baby storyline, it ruined so much. So many other shows have pregnant actresses that are not pregnant on the show and they find way to hide it so why couldn't our writers? I really hope Mr. Kaplan will stick around and not just for tonight's episodes. And yes the better come up with something really good that is not going to disappoint us.
Thanks for the kind words Miranda, and Girl-utf... I'm glad to have a found an online 'presence' for The Blacklist and will enjoy exchanging ideas on what we've seen and what we hope to see.

A little history: I have been fortunate enough to have been watching since day 1. i was so intrigued by the series that i went out and purchased the DVD collection for season 1 as soon as it was available. i actually organized Blacklist 'viewing parties' every so often to experience the fun in a group environment.

Unfortunately, fast forward to today and my rampant enthusiasm has waned. As i mentioned in my first post, the introduction of the 'baby story line' began the downward slide of the show (IMHO). Do i still watch? of course. however its no longer a 'must see' of the week, and i am quite comfortable simply DVRing it and getting to it sometime in the next week or so. For me, the show used to have a myriad of 'fascinating' side characters that added much energy to the story lines, such as Finch, the Director, and even Matias. Why no 'new ones' to fill the voids left be these dying souls?

I so much want the Blacklist to hold me in a state of suspense from week to week. It certainly did in seasons 1 and 2. Give me more characters like Finch and the Director (and even Tom Connolly for that matter) who you can love to hate, or at least be damn curious as to how they fit in. and for God's sake, create sub-plots for Aram and Sameer and Ressler that span MORE than 1 episode. hopefully that is what they are now doing with Mr.Kaplan and Dembe. we shall see starting tonite...

Enjoy the show!
Old 04-20-2017, 08:11 AM
Elite Fan

Welcome to the board!!
Old 04-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome, larryk13 I'm so glad to see you joining us Am I allowed to ask for your name? My name is Kris

I promise to re-read your posts tomorrow because right now I'm too tired... But just go ahead, what's your opinion about Mr. Kaplan now. We found out her true name, that's Kathryn Nemec... And how she got her name, which is somehow great and wow, it's something that'll always remind her of Annie and that fateful night.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

First of all I loved that Kate's story was told! That she know her real name, that we saw Annie! And that we know how she got the name Mr. Kaplan! I also loved that she "raised" Liz. I always had a feeling that she was in Liz's life at a very early age but I never knew as what and now I know she was took care of her and that she knew Katarina!

I am confused about the fact that Kaplan took Liz took Sam cause I really believed for all these years that Red took her to Sam but the way they told it seemed believable to me or maybe I just really wanted to believe it because I am waiting for an answer for so long.
Old 04-21-2017, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved it! I love that we got all of this background!
I loved that she was with Liz from such a young age.
I loved that she told Red that if she had to choose between Red & Liz, she'd always choose Liz.
And I loved that she did that

Ultimately, she didn't even betray Red if we're being technical. She told him herself on the phone at the end.
She had made that promise, that she'd always choose Liz. And he told her that that's what he wanted. And when she did, he punished her for it

We can endlessly debate on whether or not Kate was right when she faked Liz's death. But she kept her promise to Red and did what she believed was best for Liz.

I'm also Really liking this twist all of it is taking and that Kate got all those body parts. Can't wait to see where this is going!
Old 04-21-2017, 02:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

I love it too . At the end it wasn't Kaplan who betrayed Red, it was Red who betrayed her, by not keeping his word. I love they conversation at the end.
I can't wait to see how she will try to take him down.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree Aga
Old 04-21-2017, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Technically speaking, she didn't betray Red because she told her that she would always choose Liz over him but I don't know. I still feel like she betrayed him. Especially because we didn't know this before and did she really have to take it as far as faking Liz's death? Was there really no other choice?
Old 04-21-2017, 02:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

What other choices did she has? Red will never let Liz go.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And I kinda never felt like she betrayed Red in the first place
So to me it was more confirming of what I already thought/felt