Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2019, 02:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Exactly. Reading this quote again makes me think that Velov was right about everything.
Old 09-27-2019, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

True, Velov was right back then... He was chasing her. The question is if our Red knew by then that she was still alive.

And they wanted to save RR... After Liz shot him, they wanted to save him. Why? Wasn't he trying to do harm to Katarina? That's what Liz shot him actually, right?

You know what's intriguing to me about this quote? The "and we got him out" part from Ilya. As if it was important that they got him out to do all the scam they did afterwards? Or how would it have been important? He died, it wouldn't have been important that they got him out, right?
Old 09-27-2019, 11:22 AM
Elite Fan

I think Ilya said we got him out because he was trying to comfort Katarina and ease her guilt.

Kathryn: You need to come back for your daughter. It’s been over a week.
Katarina: I can’t. The KGB uncovered my affair with Raymond, which means US Intelligence knows as well. Both sides are tracking me down. I have to leave the country. It’ll be weeks before I can come for Masha.
Kathryn: Masha can’t stay in a hotel that long. She needs a home. I can take her to my sister in Chicago.
Katarina: No. You’re the family nanny. You’re a person of interest. They’ll track you. You have to leave Masha with someone unconnected, who I can trust. I want you to get in touch with Sam Milhoan. He’s listed. Kearney, Nebraska.

Kathryn: She told me that you are the only person who knew both her and Raymond, the only one they both trusted.
Sam: Yeah, well, that may be.

Last edited by Fangirl49; 09-27-2019 at 11:28 AM
Old 09-28-2019, 01:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, so it's clear now that Sam knew them both and that he was the only person... That's really crazy. But his answer makes me think if that's really true of if he knew the 'new' Raymond. What do you think can we make of that "That may be" part? Or do you think he was afraid to let Kaplan know about it?
Old 09-28-2019, 09:46 AM
Elite Fan

Dembe: You’re having doubts.
Red: I am. I haven’t loved many people in my life. Kate is one of them. You know, as much as her betrayal hurt, what really hurt was [ Breathes sharply ] knowing what I would have to do in response. She was wrong to think Elizabeth and her child were safer without me in their lives. But in the end, she was [ Inhales sharply ] she did what she did out of love for the little girl she swore to protect what seems like a lifetime ago.
Dembe: It broke my heart. That day in the woods. Hearing the gunshot. Leaving her behind. Right or wrong, it was between you and her. This war she started must stop. Kate must be stopped.
Red: I agree. I’m just not at all sure of the right way. And depending on the way, whether I’d be up to it. I need to look her in the face and see if I still recognize her.
Dembe: Raymond, she has gone too far all to prove that you have gone too far. She can’t see what she’s become.
Red: What if I’m the one who can’t see?
Dembe: No, Raymond. Remember why you surrendered yourself to the FBI in the first place. Remember what all of this was about. You can’t give up now. You can’t let Kate destroy everything that gives you purpose. Our work is not yet done. I loved Kate, too, but it’s time to end this. Stop it. Stop her.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

I loved that conversation so much And I still want to know the reason why he surrendered to the FBI in the first place. I'm so curious. Was it just about Liz? I doubt that... What for then? I want to know.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:36 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Helen Graham (View Post)
Okay, so it's clear now that Sam knew them both and that he was the only person... That's really crazy. But his answer makes me think if that's really true of if he knew the 'new' Raymond. What do you think can we make of that "That may be" part? Or do you think he was afraid to let Kaplan know about it?
That does sound cryptic when you point it out. Like a truth within a lie. Or the blacklist way of making you doubt every single sentence.

I so love the red Dembe conversation and how Dembe is totally on reds side now. I love how he supports and encourage him here. I hope we get a similar conversation this season I love how Dembe clears the air about his feelings.

And yeah we totally go back to Red turning himself in and why. And we don’t know. Dembe knows. And it must be major. But we don’t know. It certainly sounds like it’s more than just liz.
Old 10-01-2019, 01:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

But it's these small details that make the show... You remember Liz asking Red if he is her father and him answering no. He isn't her father because he isn't RR. It was true. It could be something similar. But with this show, you never know. It's just so strange that he'd answer like that. Maybe because he was being cautious.

It's Red and Dembe talking it all out which was really necessary. It's nice to know that Red has his back although he didn't agree with killing Kaplan but the way she changed he couldn't let her continue.

About him turning himself in I read something the other day which I sadly can't mention there though
Old 10-01-2019, 12:30 PM
Elite Fan

Ok where can you mention it? Because I have missed whatever you read and now I need to know.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

In the News thread. I'll go over there and post it into sp-tags, okay
Old 10-02-2019, 01:01 PM
Elite Fan

Red: She had help from one of my people, a woman close to me who betrayed my trust. Dom, I know you’ve been conditioned to assume my selfishness. I’m sure that’s largely my fault. But this is different. This woman, she’s made it her mission to eliminate me, to remove me from Masha’s life, whatever the cost. And the truth is, she’s proven to be remarkably adept at killing the people closest to me. She knows everything about my operation. I kept her at my side for years. But the one thing she doesn’t know is you. I haven’t told you about Masha because I didn’t wanna risk coming here or making contact with you again until this fight was over.
Dom: So now I’m supposed to say thank you?
Red: You don’t have to say anything. You don’t have to believe me or help me or like me. You never have. I don’t know why you’d have to start now. But this isn’t about me, Dom. This is about Masha. If I don’t come back–
Dom: You always come back!
Red: If I don’t come back, you need to find her, Dom. Tell her who you are.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:36 AM
Fan Forum Star

Okay, we now know that Red thinks that Dom never liked him... Okay, nice thing. I guess it was different with Ilya, too. Another sign that our Red might not be Ilya.

Wow, I'm wondering why Red wanted Dom to get in contact with Liz shall he not come back. That's a mystery to me, too.
Old 10-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Elite Fan

It totally makes me believe he’s not Ilya. Every time we have seen Dom and red, Dom seems to have this anger to him. If Ilya saved the day, it seems like Dom wouldn’t feel that way.

When Red went to Dom in S3 Kaplan didn’t know about it only Dembe.

Wow what a conversation!

I think Red told Dom to find her so she wouldn’t be alone and probably to protect her.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Hero

"The next time you want to convince me you've broken my spine, you better break my spine."
Old 10-07-2019, 11:33 AM
Elite Fan

I love that quote.