Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I could have liked her character if she had been brought in for any other reason besides coming between F/M. She made a mess of things when she went back what she was suppose to do. I understand why she did it, but I'm not sorry for how things turned out for her. No one has mentioned her since
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
KeepThisaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

She seemed to be a cliche plot device.

Of course Bash pretty much did the exact same thing as her.

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:57 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
Of course Bash pretty much did the exact same thing as her.
But he's not a plot device at all. Being the third part of a love triangle does not make you a plot device. Torrance is one of the main characters in fact. And he has other things going on besides Mary such as his pagan roots and his mother's plans to have him legitimized.
Caroline ♥ Katie (Hello from the other side)
Endless Obsession ♥ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Obsession ♥ (View Post)
But he's not a plot device at all. Being the third part of a love triangle does not make you a plot device. Torrance is one of the main characters in fact. And he has other things going on besides Mary such as his pagan roots and his mother's plans to have him legitimized.
I don't think she was implying Bash is a plot device, just that Olivia is getting a lot of hate for kissing the person she loved while Bash got none (that I've seen, at least he's gotten less than Olivia) for doing the exact same thing. Not that I like Olivia, but I don't hate her either. I just don't care about her I guess
Old 01-15-2014, 12:42 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Obsession ♥ (View Post)
And he has other things going on besides Mary such as his pagan roots and his mother's plans to have him legitimized.
I wanted the pagan storyline to be interesting, but so far it's been a disappointment. I hope they can make it more compelling in future eps.

I think the legitimization has to be off the table now, right? Bash doesn't have a chance of it with Henry gunning for Elizabeth's crown.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:53 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I wanted the pagan storyline to be interesting, but so far it's been a disappointment. I hope they can make it more compelling in future eps.

I think the legitimization has to be off the table now, right? Bash doesn't have a chance of it with Henry gunning for Elizabeth's crown.
Ditto on the pagan storyline. It was the one thing that is keeping me interested in this show but I'm still holding out that they'll explain it better this second half of the season.

I'll be disappointed if the whole legitimization is off the table already. Why bring it up in the first place and then sweep it under the rug? There has to be consequences for someone (Diane or Bash perhaps) if this is carried out. Henry is fond of Bash so there's no reason he'd say no. Catherine will of course have an aneurysm which will lead to her doing something to both Diane & Bash in the long run. I just want consequences to happen and for Diane to not get away that easy.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

L i N d $ @ y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well both of them can be tried for treason. More so with Diane. I doubt he will be pleased that she tried to assassinate his line. Regardless of his feelings for her. Even if he is having sex with somebody else.

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I agree with that.. Ithougth that stroyline would be much bigger.. but obviously it wasn't

I fear that for the legitimization thing too, but on the other hand I think this is too big to just drop it, isn't it?

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
kostilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'll be disappointed if the whole legitimization is off the table already. Why bring it up in the first place and then sweep it under the rug? There has to be consequences for someone (Diane or Bash perhaps) if this is carried out. Henry is fond of Bash so there's no reason he'd say no. Catherine will of course have an aneurysm which will lead to her doing something to both Diane & Bash in the long run. I just want consequences to happen and for Diane to not get away that easy.
I do think there will be consequences (aka, punishment), but I don't think Bash will get legitimized. Not until Elizabeth officially ascends the throne and there's no chance of Mary making a claim. At that point, I could see Henry or Francis giving Bash a title, if they are all on good terms again.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Yeah the legitimization thing may just be used to have Henry hold his lover to the fire
ds44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So far all story lines have been so rushed, it is hard to judge; hope the second half will take its time to dwell on things.

I can't wait for the pagans sl, but I expect a multi-episodes story arc not fast paced like episode 7 for example (a good episode which could have easily been spread into 2).

And yes, legitimization might be put on the table again once Elizabeth ascend the throne. Catherine will go ballistic.
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 11:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
So far all story lines have been so rushed, it is hard to judge; hope the second half will take its time to dwell on things.

I can't wait for the pagans sl, but I expect a multi-episodes story arc not fast paced like episode 7 for example (a good episode which could have easily been spread into 2).

And yes, legitimization might be put on the table again once Elizabeth ascend the throne. Catherine will go ballistic.
I think this show loves going at breakneck speed. It needs to balance the screentime more
Old 01-15-2014, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
I think this show loves going at breakneck speed. It needs to balance the screentime more
I am afraid that won't stop. They seem to like making this show a constant roller coaster ride. And, truthfully, I kind of enjoy it, but I do wish they'd maybe slow things up just a *little* but. Like, instead of burning through certain storylines in one episode, maybe try and turn them into a 3 ep arc or something?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I am afraid that won't stop. They seem to like making this show a constant roller coaster ride. And, truthfully, I kind of enjoy it, but I do wish they'd maybe slow things up just a *little* but. Like, instead of burning through certain storylines in one episode, maybe try and turn them into a 3 ep arc or something?
Yeah and the political intrigue is far more interesting to me.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Fast pace works with Francis and Mary because they are front and centered (Catherine and Henry also have their fair share); but for others characters not so much:

For example, I wasn't so sad to see Aylee die because she was basically doing nothing (what about the double agent/letters plot? No time to develop it).

I also wish we had more childhood/past flashbacks.
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread