Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014, 03:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
But honestly I don't find any romance with Henry to be that great or epic.

Still unless Kenna wises up, and quit demanding stuff. I don't see much of a future for her.
Tbh I'm glad she keeps demanding stuff. She put everything on the line for the King, she has the right to be annoying about it when he's not holding up to his end of the deal.

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
LostInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 03:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Agree

She fights for her rights plus she is not like Diane who doesn't ask for anything
slow_handss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

awe while that may be true, we (the audience) also knows that King doesn't like people who asked stuff.

warangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:06 PM
Elite Fan

Henry's not a very good husband/lover/father. He might be an OK King, but certainly not a great one.
Old 01-06-2014, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

It seems to me he is a flop king. The only episode he might have acted like a "good king" is in 1x03. But it seemed to me he was more interested in sex than ruling France.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

If I were a historian, I would hate this show. But it's fast-paced, has great storylines, the writers pay attention to the characters and it's a whole lot of fun and I couldn't care less about the historical inaccuracies. I hope that Francis doesn't die within the 2+ years from the time they married like in real-life.

- Captain Frederick Wentworth, Persuasion, Chapter 23
Scarlet|tumblr|Twitter|FF.net
ScarletCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that it's not historically accurate It probably wouldn't be this much fun.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
KeepThisaSecret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

the idea of Francis dying makes me sad

Last edited by ds44; 01-07-2014 at 01:43 AM
ds44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTheSun (View Post)
Tbh I'm glad she keeps demanding stuff. She put everything on the line for the King, she has the right to be annoying about it when he's not holding up to his end of the deal.
But she's not entitled to anything she is just a mistress! By throwing these hissy fits, she takes the risk of being put aside and how will she get married without the support/blessing of the King? I won't lie I find Kenna very annoying now, she should act more mature and know her place.

I've enjoyed the episodes so far, true it is not 100% faithful to History but there are a lots of books and biography for that.

I wish the writers would slow down the pace and take time to develop characters and relationships; especially Diane/Catherine who were in reality more complex than just wife/mistress.
b4dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4dark (View Post)
But she's not entitled to anything she is just a mistress! By throwing these hissy fits, she takes the risk of being put aside and how will she get married without the support/blessing of the King? I won't lie I find Kenna very annoying now, she should act more mature and know her place.

I've enjoyed the episodes so far, true it is not 100% faithful to History but there are a lots of books and biography for that.

I wish the writers would slow down the pace and take time to develop characters and relationships; especially Diane/Catherine who were in reality more complex than just wife/mistress.
Kenna and Diane are two sides of the same seat. They both need to take a stadium full of seats.
ds44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 02:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Kenna and Diane are two sides of the same seat. They both need to take a stadium full of seats.
/dies Hahahahahahaha

Well if you take real History into account, Diane didn't even need Henry's money/favors she had plenty of her own from her family and dead husband.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

Awe true.

But I will admit I did love the scene between Diane and Catherine in 1x08. Although I was silently cheering for Catherine.

Speaking of Catherine in 1x08, Catherine gave Diane poison(?) to kill off Kenna, which she threw against the wall. Nost comments to Clarissa of her stealing poison from him. So is possible she was behind the poisoning thing at the end of the ep. Potentially killing the cat. My events may be a tad bit missed up though.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love their scenes.

It's only after re-watching the episode that I came to understand that Diane didn't try to poison Kenna; so yes I think Clarissa stole the poison from Nostradamus' "kitchen" and killed the Lady-in-waiting.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Catherine is interesting character to watch. I do think Megan brings a lot to her character.

Well we know that she killed the LIW, that was pretty much revealed in the scene with Nost. Strangely I get the feeling that Clarissa might die. But honestly I don't really have any emotional connection to her, so I probably won't care that much.

Old 01-07-2014, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes, Megan Follows really brings it.

At first, I thought she had just followed the dying LIW and pushed her while someone else had poisoned her.

I must admit I am intrigued by her. Hope we get to see more of her in the second half, and learn why she wishes to help Mary so much. And also where she hid Olivia ...
Reply   Post New Thread