Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Loyal Fan

^ This i completely agree with.

I do hope that the shift refocuses back to some degree in the next episode. i know that Katrina and Ichabod will be a part of the story but seeing the sin eater in the episode as well gives me some hope that Abbie won't stuck as sidekick yet again. while i appreciate the fact that Abbie was able to connect the dots of her own ancestry i don't like the fact that yet again her ancestor was just someone that helped Katrina and thus Ichabod (aka sidekick role). The only redeeming quality i can see from that is if Grace turns out to be part of the good coven, which I hope happens.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:25 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarlaB (View Post)
^ This i completely agree with.

I do hope that the shift refocuses back to some degree in the next episode. i know that Katrina and Ichabod will be a part of the story but seeing the sin eater in the episode as well gives me some hope that Abbie won't stuck as sidekick yet again. while i appreciate the fact that Abbie was able to connect the dots of her own ancestry i don't like the fact that yet again her ancestor was just someone that helped Katrina and thus Ichabod (aka sidekick role). The only redeeming quality i can see from that is if Grace turns out to be part of the good coven, which I hope happens.
That would be a cool twist. The fan theories are always cooler than the actual revelations, though. lol
Old 11-27-2013, 10:42 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio_chick (View Post)
Shifting the focus from the apocalypse to I/K was not a wise idea, IMO. They are they weakest part of the show, I think so to bring that front and center is a mistake.

The chemistry between the two leads is the biggest draw of the show and that isn't just an opinion held by Ichabbie fangirls. So why shift from them fighting against the apocalypse to Ichabod's man pain over Katrina? It is baffling yet predictable, sadly.
And you somehow know the opinion of over 6 plus mill viewers.

I for one am not drawn by the so called chem between Ich and Abbie. I haven't even warmed up to Abbie completly.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Guys, let's please try to be respectful towards each other.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-27-2013, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

bah why have I still not seen this episode yet I'm trying guys
Old 11-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Why haven't you seen the episode yet?

Old 11-27-2013, 04:38 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
And you somehow know the opinion of over 6 plus mill viewers.
Nowhere in my post did I even imply such a thing. My point is that you can't dismiss complaints about the story shift as fangirls not getting what they want, considering that non shippers have stated that the chemistry between the leads is the best thing about the show.
Old 11-27-2013, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

this episode was kinda creepy for me but glad we fond out some more things

can't believe we have to wait until next year for new episodes

I love you
it's ruining my life
{}
Old 11-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We don't have to wait until next year. Only two weeks, I think.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:54 PM
Extreme Fan

I liked this episode. It was nice to see Irving and his daughter. I also like the banter between Irving and Jenny. They're funny.

For me, it was nice to get some more backstory on Crane. When he found out he and Katrina had a son, it was heartbreaking. I'm hoping they come back to that because I want to know what happened to Katrina, Gloria and the baby.

I thought having Abbie as a descendant of Gloria was a nice twist. That's something else I hope they explore. That may be why Abbie could see Gloria.

Also, it was nice to have them doing something besides chasing Bram (aka The Headless Horseman). Anything that allows backstory for Crane or Abbie is a nice break.

icon by me
Old 11-28-2013, 07:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually prefer when they concentrate on the Headless Horseman aspect of things. It ties into the plot more than the monster of the week, imo.

Old 11-28-2013, 09:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
I actually prefer when they concentrate on the Headless Horseman aspect of things. It ties into the plot more than the monster of the week, imo.
I do, too. But I also love when we learn more about Abbie and Crane. I thought the tree monster was a bit much. I'd have preferred Headless to have cursed the house because of Katrina and Crane. That would have been very interesting.

icon by me
Old 11-30-2013, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
No, because if people aren't invested in Katrina or I/K, they AREN'T going to find this plot line relatable. Which is just as valid as any other opinion, and would naturally weaken these past two Katrina heavy episodes for those viewers (easily my least favorite of the season, personally). What I can logically tell myself about Ichabod's connection to his wife doesn't really help if I don't feel connected to their relationship myself, and I don't. Because I don't, I'm simply not interested in every other word out of his mouth being "Katrina". It's the least interesting plot on the whole show for me, and it makes Ichabod- who I normally love, doing everything from taunting a Headless Horseman to being confounded by a shower puff- less interesting by default, because I just don't care about what he's talking about.
Not gonna lie, but same at this point. These past two episodes have been just alright. Still good because I love the characters, but just alright otherwise.

Abbie has really taking a side role, which is annoying. The best scene was the final scene about family between I/A IMO
Old 11-30-2013, 11:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, Tami, these last two episodes have been extremely light on Abbie. And the Crane/Abbie dynamic is the strongest aspect of the show, imo.

Old 11-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Loyal Fan

This episode was okay for me. I actually like Katrina in it. Not the brief two scenes with her and Ichabod but the one where she was giving birth. I felt that was her strongest scene in the whole season. So the birth really had me question the time line a bit still. Maybe I overlooked an important clue but I still don't understand when she was pregnant. She didn't look pregnant when Ichabod died and yet when she was giving birth she wanted to wait until he arrived. To me that means he was still live then and off still at war? I could possibly buy her not knowing when she conceived during the Ichabod's death scene but her wanting to wait to deliver the baby makes me question the timeline. So because I think that now I don't believe that the baby was raised by Grace after all (cuz I was throwing that idea around in my head) and something bad happened which is why she's in Purgatory.

The final scene between Abbie and Ichabod was the one redeeming factor in the episode for me. For the two characters at least. The fact that she knew what his favorite rum was is awesome to me. The fact they have those open and honest conversations about life to me just brings them that much closer. Yes it was simple but it spoke volumes and its those moments that make the show great.