Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2013, 10:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
ooh good call

but that still doesn't explain the attack on Lena - i thought it would be revealed that she was actually descended from Ichabod's baby, maybe Lachlan and his wife took care of the baby (would have been hard with Katrina on her own....burned at the stake, what not) and Lena was actually tied to Ichabod- which would have given the monster a reason to come after her

as it stands, she's sort of filler
Pretty much. Her tie to the Crane's BFF would have peaked Ichabod's modern-day interest, leading him to the house. I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Hmm, I can't say I agree. There's nothing exactly clandestine about their relationship right now, no, but I don't think Abbie would feel nearly as free/open/comfortable about doing and saying the things she does with Ichabod if his wife were alive and in the present day with them.
Why so?

She went tearing up the stairs after him to tell him about her vision of the baby. She knew he was mournful about missing Katrina earlier in the episode. She's very aware, and very respectful, of his love for and relationship with Katrina.

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:07 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Pretty much. Her tie to the Crane's BFF would have peaked Ichabod's modern-day interest, leading him to the house. I guess.
yea, i guess, but the way everything else ties together , that just feels weak

i mean, the creature could have drew him another way? and it didn't seem nearly as concerned with Ichabod as it did Lena, so that's what doesn't make sense to me
Old 11-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
yea, i guess, but the way everything else ties together , that just feels weak

i mean, the creature could have drew him another way? and it didn't seem nearly as concerned with Ichabod as it did Lena, so that's what doesn't make sense to me
That's part of why I felt this was the weakest written of the episodes to-date. The tree monster was cheeseball and the Lena thing was weak. It worked, but it wasn't nearly as imaginative as some story threads we've seen so far.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

Why so?

She went tearing up the stairs after him to tell him about her vision of the baby. She knew he was mournful about missing Katrina earlier in the episode. She's very aware, and very respectful, of his love for and relationship with his wife.
agreed

no matter what may or may not happen in the future - Abbie is very aware that he is still pining for his wife, and SHE even brought that up this episode. Also, Katrina DID reach out to Abbie, so i'm not sure there would be a lot of issues there, Katrina is well aware of the fact that the two of them need to work together
Old 11-25-2013, 10:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
That's part of why I felt this was the weakest written of the episodes to-date. The tree monster was cheeseball and the Lena thing was weak. It worked, but it wasn't nearly as imaginative as some story threads we've seen so far.
exactly

i felt like Lena needed more of a reason to be there.

and they built up what happened at the house as if Katrina had some witchy coven meeting and introduced some great evil that led everyone to get killed or flee

instead, she birthed a baby. Not so out of the norm. And while we get that Moloch is after Ichabod, it truly doesn't make sense why this creature was after that kid, and why everyone fled? I mean, there's a powerful coven, did no one think to take an axe to the tree monster 200 years ago? They DID have axes? Was every last person that lived there like "oh well, gotta run"

it just all feels poorly written
Old 11-25-2013, 11:36 PM
Elite Fan

The episode was ok, not my favorite tbh.

We have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode though!

Diana
Old 11-26-2013, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Its been explained that due to where Katrina is, she isn't allowed to reveal every single amount of detail, only clues. Besides if she did..there would be no episode.

And I'm sure Katrina has good reason for keeping the son secret. I actually appreciate the slow build of Katrina. They drop these clues and major bombshells and they are just making me more excited about the character.
It hasn't really been explained- nothing about Katrina has been explained well from what I see. I keep seeing suggestions that I need to fill in the gaps myself, but I don't think that's my job as a viewer. What I know is that the show heavily insinuated to confirmed she knew about Abraham, she had some chance to tell him, and she didn't. The explanation as to why has not come, and the ongoing gaps in her character don't build mystery- they simply don't satisfy me.

And I completely agree that Ichabbie would utterly change if and when Katrina comes back to the present, and I don't look forward to that as their dynamic is one of the best parts of the show to me, especially in an episode like this one where the plot of the week was not the strongest- that's when the chemistry of the cast is particularly necessary.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:33 AM
Passionate Fan

Enjoyable episode. The least intense of any of the previous, but still good, good settings and props and good acting by the lot.

Those tree people were nasty and mos def part of Molloch's world. I however, much prefer my Ents of the LOTR variety.

Irving and his wife didn't seem to be divorced, maybe they were just seperated. They hugged and kissed, and were quite friendly with each other. I could see some love connection still going on. There will be more to their story. Their daughter, Macy, in a wheelchair. Why? More to learn.

I was enjoying Frank and Jenny's connection until he shut it down when his ex walked in.

Quote:
As for the pregnancy, there is no date on the birth that we know of - most women don't even show positive on a pregnancy test until at LEAST a month in, and i'm sure methods of finding out you were knocked up were much more primitive back then, it could be 3-4 months before SHE knew. And that means Ichabod could have already been buried when she found out, or ya know, on the battlefield........and it took days to get letters to people, and it also might be the kind of news you want to not put in a letter?
Seriously. As recent as the 1970's the death of a rabbit confirmed a pregnancy. Ever hear of a rabbit test, antibodies from a woman's blood were injected into a rabbit and if it died you were preganant. Barbaric, and a woman had to be atleast a month in for the test to work. I really think that Katerina never had the chance to tell Ichabod that she was with child. When he died she looked very slim. She maybe didn't have the chance to tell him before he fought.

Lena Gilbert, what about her? What about her. She seemed to be just an extra character utilized to tell this story. I"m going to bet that we never see or hear about her again. She had to get back to TVD. LOL
Old 11-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
It hasn't really been explained- nothing about Katrina has been explained well from what I see. I keep seeing suggestions that I need to fill in the gaps myself, but I don't think that's my job as a viewer. What I know is that the show heavily insinuated to confirmed she knew about Abraham, she had some chance to tell him, and she didn't. The explanation as to why has not come, and the ongoing gaps in her character don't build mystery- they simply don't satisfy me.

And I completely agree that Ichabbie would utterly change if and when Katrina comes back to the present, and I don't look forward to that as their dynamic is one of the best parts of the show to me, especially in an episode like this one where the plot of the week was not the strongest- that's when the chemistry of the cast is particularly necessary.
I believe she herself explained this and even the writers. She's stuck in purgatory, where she isn't able to reveal everything, only clues so the others can hopefully catch on and put a stop to whatever is happening. You don't need to fill in anything. There's a mystery to the Katrina character. They aren't revealing everything, just bits and pieces along the way and since its only episode 9 you can enjoy the ride. It makes 0 sense imo to reveal everything about Katrina right now since she's seperated from the rest and like I said its only episode 9!! We have no idea why she didn't reveal the truth about her son, we obviously have to wait and see. If you want every single fact about her revealed then fine, but iMO they are doing a good job, just wish they'd show more flashback storylines with just her.

Even with Katrina out of Purgatory Ich and Abbie can still have their adventures and their talks, just now Ichabod won't be so unhappy and depressed during most of them because the love of his life and hopefully child will be in his life.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)

I'm gonna go off on a bit of a defensive for Katrina here, so either bear with me, or skip it completely.

But try to put yourself in Katrina's place. Since Ichabod died, she'd A) delivered his child (that he never knew existed) and B) potentially learned that Abraham, Ichabod's former best friend, had sold his soul to become the ultimate evil, Ichabod's nemesis, bringer of the Apocalypse, with his only desire being to enslave her soul as his own for all eternity - - all because SHE had broken his heart.

You really don't think that would warrant a moment to pause, take a deep breath, and wonder "where to begin? How do I tell my husband ALL of this?" And then within a matter of seconds, he was ripped out of there and awakened back in his own time.

Because I think they've made it very clear. We've seen, in canon, that Katrina's time is limited. Moloch keeps a very close eye on her and if he finds her someplace she shouldn't be, he interferes. (Not only with Ichabod, but with Abbie's dream as well.)

In the first dream, needed had to tell Ichabod the backstory quickly and touch on the most important part - FIND THE HORSEMAN'S SKULL, keep it from him at all cost. Then Moloch was upon them and she had to scream for him to wake up. The second dream, she had to yank him away from a vision of all 4 Horsemen bearing down on him and forewarn him of the first evil that was being unleashed - the witch - before she had to let him awaken again. When he came to her in the forest, she was shocked and heartbroken to see him because she knew it meant he was either dead or near to it. She had no warnings or messages to give him then, so she was gathering herself to have a very unpleasant conversation with him before Moloch, yet again, appeared behind him and ripped him away from her.

Ichabod, in Katrina's own words, has been "charged to a higher purpose." When he asked her "what is this place?" in Blood Moon, she told him "there isn't time." She has to keep her eye on the ball, and more importantly, she has to keep Ichabod's eye on the ball.

So answer me this: if she told him a wee bit about "oh I believe I know why I'm here. So your buddy Abraham, who was in love with me and whose heart I stomped on? Yeah, he's actually the Horseman, and he wants to keep me forever. See, it's like this..." *Moloch appears & yanks Ichabod out by the collar*

How exactly do you think Ichabod would react when he woke up from THAT bombshell? And not even a complete bombshell...just a teaser that he's left to stew on and try and work out on his own! You don't think that would cause him to completely lose focus on his mission as the first Witness?

We've seen Ichabod lose control exactly twice in this series: first when the Horseman began taunting him about the loss of Katrina and the second time when he learns of Katrina and their child together having been threatened by a walking shrubbery. The common denominator there is Katrina. So if Katrina were to give him just a tiny bit of information about Abrahead in their already limited time together, I'd wager that he'd go completely off the deep-end, and Abbie would be left to try and manage things on her own. Which we know she can't do.

And I say all of this without us even knowing if Katrina has learned that Abraham became the Horseman of Death, because we do not know that in canon yet. (Though personally, I think she does know, she learned that information after Ichabod's "death", and she has no idea how to kick that conversation off.)

[/semi-rant]

Old 11-26-2013, 06:58 AM
Loyal Fan

ok watching the episode now ...edit as i go on

"this ressembles no scottish meal i've ever eaten" LOLLLLLLL

OH icchy i never get tired of your quips

ok since abby says its the time to air our grievances whyyyyyy does she have to listen to him talk about his wife whyyyy and by association me whyyyyyy

of course i know why she's his friend first and that what friends are there for

good thing i watch this during the day ... a haunted house uh-oh

damn crow made me jump lol

an evil Ent , its alive (how did it get from middle-earth though lol)

WOOOOOHOOOOO I KNEW IT THE CAPTAIN AND JENNY !!!! SAIL AWAY NEW SHIP SAIL AWAY

HA HA HA creepy the Ent tree is in the house and camera has gone all blair witch project (i swear this show)

aw hell noooo my heart i got such a scare when ichabod puled the evil Ent tree through the hole instead of abby , i screamed !

whoop whoop mini-jenny in the house on wheels , pulling a jenny on jenny sr ha ha ha "you and my dad are dating"

the end sure was bittersweet, ichabod had a kid hmmm , abby is related to that free slave, anyone else got feeling the owner of the house and abby great great grdma were a couple ?

HAYLIJAH / OLICITY/ OUTLAWQUEEN /KLAROLINE/BAMON /caskett/Olitz /frary/ abby&luka/ Rose&Dimitri / edward&bella/arwen&aragorn/

Last edited by ladyevenstar22; 11-26-2013 at 08:03 AM
Old 11-26-2013, 07:00 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
I believe she herself explained this and even the writers. She's stuck in purgatory, where she isn't able to reveal everything, only clues so the others can hopefully catch on and put a stop to whatever is happening. You don't need to fill in anything. There's a mystery to the Katrina character. They aren't revealing everything, just bits and pieces along the way and since its only episode 9 you can enjoy the ride. It makes 0 sense imo to reveal everything about Katrina right now since she's seperated from the rest and like I said its only episode 9!! We have no idea why she didn't reveal the truth about her son, we obviously have to wait and see. If you want every single fact about her revealed then fine, but iMO they are doing a good job, just wish they'd show more flashback storylines with just her.

Even with Katrina out of Purgatory Ich and Abbie can still have their adventures and their talks, just now Ichabod won't be so unhappy and depressed during most of them because the love of his life and hopefully child will be in his life.
All. Of. This.

Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm gonna go off on a bit of a defensive for Katrina here, so either bear with me, or skip it completely.

But try to put yourself in Katrina's place. Since Ichabod died, she'd A) delivered his child (that he never knew existed) and B) potentially learned that Abraham, Ichabod's former best friend, had sold his soul to become the ultimate evil, Ichabod's nemesis, bringer of the Apocalypse, with his only desire being to enslave her soul as his own for all eternity - - all because SHE had broken his heart.

You really don't think that would warrant a moment to pause, take a deep breath, and wonder "where to begin? How do I tell my husband ALL of this?" And then within a matter of seconds, he was ripped out of there and awakened back in his own time.

Because I think they've made it very clear. We've seen, in canon, that Katrina's time is limited. Moloch keeps a very close eye on her and if he finds her someplace she shouldn't be, he interferes. (Not only with Ichabod, but with Abbie's dream as well.)

In the first dream, needed had to tell Ichabod the backstory quickly and touch on the most important part - FIND THE HORSEMAN'S SKULL, keep it from him at all cost. Then Moloch was upon them and she had to scream for him to wake up. The second dream, she had to yank him away from a vision of all 4 Horsemen bearing down on him and forewarn him of the first evil that was being unleashed - the witch - before she had to let him awaken again. When he came to her in the forest, she was shocked and heartbroken to see him because she knew it meant he was either dead or near to it. She had no warnings or messages to give him then, so she was gathering herself to have a very unpleasant conversation with him before Moloch, yet again, appeared behind him and ripped him away from her.

Ichabod, in Katrina's own words, has been "charged to a higher purpose." When he asked her "what is this place?" in Blood Moon, she told him "there isn't time." She has to keep her eye on the ball, and more importantly, she has to keep Ichabod's eye on the ball.

So answer me this: if she told him a wee bit about "oh I believe I know why I'm here. So your buddy Abraham, who was in love with me and whose heart I stomped on? Yeah, he's actually the Horseman, and he wants to keep me forever. See, it's like this..." *Moloch appears & yanks Ichabod out by the collar*

How exactly do you think Ichabod would react when he woke up from THAT bombshell? And not even a complete bombshell...just a teaser that he's left to stew on and try and work out on his own! You don't think that would cause him to completely lose focus on his mission as the first Witness?

We've seen Ichabod lose control exactly twice in this series: first when the Horseman began taunting him about the loss of Katrina and the second time when he learns of Katrina and their child together having been threatened by a walking shrubbery. The common denominator there is Katrina. So if Katrina were to give him just a tiny bit of information about Abrahead in their already limited time together, I'd wager that he'd go completely off the deep-end, and Abbie would be left to try and manage things on her own. Which we know she can't do.

And I say all of this without us even knowing if Katrina has learned that Abraham became the Horseman of Death, because we do not know that in canon yet. (Though personally, I think she does know, she learned that information after Ichabod's "death", and she has no idea how to kick that conversation off.)

[/semi-rant]

yep - everyone is a bit quick to see evil with Katrina and not actually realize that she's been through a HELL of a lot.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

Oh, I don't think she's evil, at least not based on what little I've seen so far. I just don't think she's well written, and I think the gaps in knowledge are likely irritating to the average viewer- Ichabod gets blindsided, again and again. The writers have ACKNOWLEDGED in interviews that Katrina's "half baked cryptic warnings" weren't working for a lot of fans, but they haven't done anything to correct that yet.

And I still disagree that the show hasn't confirmed that Katrina didn't know about Abraham, because I think that was the narrative point of Ichabod having that flashback. I said it above, I think to suggest otherwise is a stretch.
Old 11-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

yep - everyone is a bit quick to see evil with Katrina and not actually realize that she's been through a HELL of a lot.
Many people seem to have made up their minds about Katrina at this point, and I'm afraid the writers have painted themselves into a corner. I don't think it'll make them change course or make her any less important, and they're certainly not going to shove her off a cliff just so Ichabod can hop into bed with Abbie (which would please a lot of the more vocal fans, sadly), but they do need to start being a little more direct with/about her, utilizing her more and spelling out phonetically her import to Ichabod (and Abbie as well.) Apparently some need to be spoon-fed.