Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-25-2013, 08:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
I don't think anybody is painting her as a villain but she has lied/withed crucial information from Ichabod. Why didn't she tell him any of these things in one of her many flashes/visions to him? She always lets him get blindsided by it. Now, that could be the writers fault because they don't want to reveal things too quickly but it does make it look like she's lying to him.

With Katrina, they've done lots of tell and not show with her which has been detrimental to her character, imo.

And really, two more weeks until the next episode?
i know, there's no good reason for a two week break!

also, i still don't see her as witholding - it's not like she has a great way of contacting him. We don't even know if she CAN all the time - she made a point of telling him in the episode where he came to her (because he was half dead) that she had been trying to contact him but couldn't

it seems like when she DOES summon people she gets a very brief time, so it's not ideal for "i think i'm here because headless is really abraham and is still pissed, and by the way i'm pretty sure the masons are still trying to kill you and oh yea when you died i was preggers we had a son good bye"

i don't think she's purposely trying to conceal things so much as she never really gets time with him. maybe i'm just more sympathetic to her because it's not like she's out in the real world and can ring his mobile, she's stuck in purgatory and seems to have been for 250 years, and that seems more hellish than just being buried. Not to mention, aside from the pregnancy, we don't really know WHAT she knows
Old 11-25-2013, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I absolutely think she should have told him about Abraham. The kid, maybe that's a longer discussion, but Abraham was IMPORTANT, and how stunned he was could have cost him his life. I'm not super impressed with purgatory Katrina- I feel like she has her own agenda. Which isn't necessarily against Ichabbie, but she isn't always as helpful as she could be even in her brief visits either. Instead, it feels like Ichabod is unendingly blindsided, which is getting old.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I absolutely think she should have told him about Abraham. The kid, maybe that's a longer discussion, but Abraham was IMPORTANT, and how stunned he was could have cost him his life. I'm not super impressed with purgatory Katrina- I feel like she has her own agenda. Which isn't necessarily against Ichabbie, but she isn't always as helpful as she could be even in her brief visits either. Instead, it feels like Ichabod is unendingly blindsided, which is getting old.
but she said she "thinks" she knows why she's in purgatory - there is no evidence she ACTUALLY knew the horseman was Abraham
Old 11-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I think that's a bit of a stretch, honestly. The flashback to Katrina saying she knew why she was there pretty clearly in the narrative suggested she knew about Abraham.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristofle (View Post)
I agree. It is getting a bit tedious. I don't think the writers know if they want to bring Katrina into the present or not. Because doing so would change the dynamics of the show, but I think they have to do something that feels organic.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-25-2013, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

I think this was easily the weakest episode to-date, but it was still pretty good...a fantastic reveal on Daddy!Ichabod.

I'm already loving Macey and her little 'tude about her father. Want to see her bond w/Jenny (and I think I'm getting on-board with Jirving!)

The monster stuff was sorta cheesy...a big walking tree. Though Ichabod getting riled up and deciding he'd had enough, grabbing an ax and smashing it to bits was awesome. Messing with his wife? Messing with his son that he never got to meet?

"Give Moloch my regards."

‘If I fall and die, it will still have been worth it,’ she had thought.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Mischa Barton

I honestly don't know what I want to happen with Katrina, lol. I'm not impressed with Katia and Tom's chemistry (or, to be more blunt, I don't think they have any), so I can't say I want long, drawn out purgatory sessions. Nor do I really want her in the present- I love the Ichabbie/Jenny/Irving dynamic as it is. But I also don't want Ichabod to keep getting blindsided with everything he doesn't know.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this was one one of the more weaker episodes, too. Things were just not explained well.

Cristofle, I think the writers will bring Katrina into the present eventually but the show will feel different. Can you imagine Ichabod/Abbie having drinks and friendly heart to hearts like in that last scene? I like Katia but the writers have done her character a disservice, I think.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

the more i think about it, the more irked i am about the lack of explanation - WHY was moloch and tree creature after the kid, and why would it just sit in wait in the house until Lena got there? Makes NO sense whatsover, they really needed a better explanation for that
Old 11-25-2013, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
the more i think about it, the more irked i am about the lack of explanation - WHY was moloch and tree creature after the kid, and why would it just sit in wait in the house until Lena got there? Makes NO sense whatsover, they really needed a better explanation for that
Control. Katrina is being held to keep Abrahead in check, and is his promised prize when he completes his apocalyptic mission. Katrina can also be used as leverage against Ichabod, and their child could be used against both of them.

If the baby is still alive and trapped in limbo (just as Katrina has been for 2+ centuries) then she'll do anything to keep it safe.

Old 11-25-2013, 09:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Its been explained that due to where Katrina is, she isn't allowed to reveal every single amount of detail, only clues. Besides if she did..there would be no episode.

And I'm sure Katrina has good reason for keeping the son secret. I actually appreciate the slow build of Katrina. They drop these clues and major bombshells and they are just making me more excited about the character.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Can you imagine Ichabod/Abbie having drinks and friendly heart to hearts like in that last scene?
I absolutely can, though I doubt they'd be commiserating about him missing his wife. But them having friendly heart to hearts about their mission together, while sipping rum? Of course they could.

Because there's nothing clandestine about their relationship now, nor would there be if/when Katrina come to the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
And I'm sure Katrina has good reason for keeping the son secret. I actually appreciate the slow build of Katrina. They drop these clues and major bombshells and they are just making me more excited about the character.
Same here!

Old 11-25-2013, 09:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
Control. Katrina is being held to keep Abrahead in check, and is his promised prize when he completes his apocalyptic mission. Katrina can also be used as leverage against Ichabod, and their child could be used against both of them.

If the baby is still alive and trapped in limbo (just as Katrina has been for 2+ centuries) then she'll do anything to keep it safe.

ooh good call

but that still doesn't explain the attack on Lena - i thought it would be revealed that she was actually descended from Ichabod's baby, maybe Lachlan and his wife took care of the baby (would have been hard with Katrina on her own....burned at the stake, what not) and Lena was actually tied to Ichabod- which would have given the monster a reason to come after her

as it stands, she's sort of filler
Old 11-25-2013, 09:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by semmanclana (View Post)
Its been explained that due to where Katrina is, she isn't allowed to reveal every single amount of detail, only clues. Besides if she did..there would be no episode.

thank you! (she probably doesn't know who is listening!)
Old 11-25-2013, 10:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceKat055 (View Post)
I absolutely can, though I doubt they'd be commiserating about him missing his wife. But them having friendly heart to hearts about their mission together, while sipping rum? Of course they could.

Because there's nothing clandestine about their relationship now, nor would there be if/when Katrina come to the present.
Hmm, I can't say I agree. There's nothing exactly clandestine about their relationship right now, no, but I don't think Abbie would feel nearly as free/open/comfortable about doing and saying the things she does with Ichabod if his wife were alive and in the present day with them.