Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sanctuary | 1.09 | Episode Discussion

Monday, Nov. 25
Lena Gilbert, a billionaire, celebrity socialite with lineage dating back to the founding fathers, arrives in Sleepy Hollow to visit her recently purchased ancestral home. Lena mysteriously disappears, and when Ichabod and Abbie are called in to investigate, it doesn’t take long for the pair to track the missing woman to the now-dilapidated family mansion. Once inside, Ichabod and Abbie quickly realize that the house they’re in is haunted and they – like Lena – have been trapped inside by a malevolent force that has embedded itself on the estate for centuries. As the trio tries to escape, truths are revealed about the true nature of the once resplendent home, including ties that link Lena’s forefather to Katrina, and evidence that Ichabod’s bond with Abbie isn’t mere coincidence. Meanwhile, a visit from Irving’s ex-wife leaves him with an unwinnable decision concerning the shared custody of their daughter, Jenny tries to make friends, and Ichabod learns startling news that both overjoys and confounds him.

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-24-2013, 02:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

tftnt!

so excited!
Old 11-24-2013, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

No problem! I'm excited, too.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Yay! New episode! So excited. I have something to look forward to tomorrow.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 11-25-2013, 01:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Looking forward to having this episode put some ideas to rest and to start up some new ones.

Monday nights are the best.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Only a few more hours now.

ETA: Amandla is just so darn adorable, omg. I wonder how her character got in that wheelchair.

What is the point of Ichabod/Katrina having a kid? The kid is long gone, anyway. And it makes it seem like Katrina does nothing but lie and conceal truths from Ichabod. About the freemasons, about Abraham being the horsemen, about the kid.

This episode was okay, not as good as the last one. And the next episode is another episode about Crane? What about Abbie?

Last edited by london grammar; 11-25-2013 at 08:00 PM
Old 11-25-2013, 08:03 PM
Master Fan

I'm probably the only one that likes the idea about Ichabod/Katrina having a child.

Maybe, this will lead him to his great-great-grandchildren.

Loved the end when it was revealed that Abbie's grandmother delivered Ichabod's child.

Probably an unpopular opinion: But I like the idea of Jenny and Frank together. They are going to be my crack ship.

Can't wait to see the next episode.

Who Are You and What Do You Want?

ic: shinebrighterxx
Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-25-2013, 08:05 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think lots of people like Jenny/Irving.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I really enjoyed this episode. Not my favorite but I enjoyed.

I'm really starting to dig the scenes between Jenny and Frank, hope for more as the season goes on. Nice chemistry.
I loved how much more we got to learn about Irving and his family... his ex wife Cynthia and his daughter Macey. Great casting all around for that.

It seems like Macey doesn't like her father that much, and as explained it's about how distant he's been.. I really can't wait to know what happened in the past that Cynthia brother up.

I love Jenny giving Macey advice about giving Frank a chance.

I enjoyed the Ichabbie scenes as always, and wasn't surprised about Katrina giving birth and the woman who brother Crane son into the world was and Abbie ancestor, I knew that right from when we saw Katrina giving birth. So that didn't really surprise me.

Abbie and Ichabod paths are really entwined, right from the beginning.

I don't like how much Katrina kept from Ichabod, he didn't know she was a witch... kind of understandable, that's not news you just blurt out.... now he didn't know he had a son... she surely needs to explain some things to him.
Old 11-25-2013, 08:08 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
I think lots of people like Jenny/Irving.
I didn't know this. Well, I'm glad I'm not alone in shipping the two together.

Jason Morgan | Wanda Maximoff | Prince Zuko/Mai | Prince Zuko/ Sukka | Draco/Pansy/Blaise/Theo | Princess Zelda / Link | Clark & Lois
Old 11-25-2013, 08:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by collide (View Post)
Only a few more hours now.

ETA: Amandla is just so darn adorable, omg. I wonder how her character got in that wheelchair.

What is the point of Ichabod/Katrina having a kid? The kid is long gone, anyway. And it makes it seem like Katrina does nothing but lie and conceal truths from Ichabod. About the freemasons, about Abraham being the horsemen, about the kid.

This episode was okay, not as good as the last one. And the next episode is another episode about Crane? What about Abbie?
i think everyone is being a bit unfair to her - he's been buried for a long time, and they only seem to get brief snippets together - i think it's more likely she hasn't had the full opportunity to inform him, and i'm not sure why everyone is so quick to paint her a villian?

as for headless - she said she "thinks" she knows. There is no evidence she knows that Abraham became headless.......that's speculation on the part of fans. She could be putting two and two together, and isn't sure- and that's not something easy to explain in half a second as your husband is being yanked away

as for the freemasons, he was buried, she couldn't tell him? they weren't trying to kill him until he was buried......one can argue she could have warned him before they kidnapped him, but she DID seek out Abbie, and get Abbie to save him. How did she know what the masons were up to?

As for the pregnancy, there is no date on the birth that we know of - most women don't even show positive on a pregnancy test until at LEAST a month in, and i'm sure methods of finding out you were knocked up were much more primitive back then, it could be 3-4 months before SHE knew. And that means Ichabod could have already been buried when she found out, or ya know, on the battlefield........and it took days to get letters to people, and it also might be the kind of news you want to not put in a letter?

i'm not saying she's perfect, and there are probably times she could have been less cryptic, but i'm not getting the scrutiny she gets?
Old 11-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

i'm disappointed they didn't tie Lena Gilbert into things. I thought for sure a reveal would be that she was tied to Ichabod in some way. otherwise why was the creature after HER moreso than just Ichabod? It was after their son, then Lena........but no one else really? That makes very little sense
Old 11-25-2013, 08:13 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
i'm disappointed they didn't tie Lena Gilbert into things. I thought for sure a reveal would be that she was tied to Ichabod in some way. otherwise why was the creature after HER moreso than just Ichabod? It was after their son, then Lena........but no one else really? That makes very little sense
Yeah. I was hoping that she could have been related to Ichabod than the other guy.

Old 11-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellyG14 (View Post)
i think everyone is being a bit unfair to her - he's been buried for a long time, and they only seem to get brief snippets together - i think it's more likely she hasn't had the full opportunity to inform him, and i'm not sure why everyone is so quick to paint her a villian?

as for headless - she said she "thinks" she knows. There is no evidence she knows that Abraham became headless.......that's speculation on the part of fans. She could be putting two and two together, and isn't sure- and that's not something easy to explain in half a second as your husband is being yanked away

as for the freemasons, he was buried, she couldn't tell him? they weren't trying to kill him until he was buried......one can argue she could have warned him before they kidnapped him, but she DID seek out Abbie, and get Abbie to save him. How did she know what the masons were up to?

As for the pregnancy, there is no date on the birth that we know of - most women don't even show positive on a pregnancy test until at LEAST a month in, and i'm sure methods of finding out you were knocked up were much more primitive back then, it could be 3-4 months before SHE knew. And that means Ichabod could have already been buried when she found out, or ya know, on the battlefield........and it took days to get letters to people, and it also might be the kind of news you want to not put in a letter?

i'm not saying she's perfect, and there are probably times she could have been less cryptic, but i'm not getting the scrutiny she gets?
I don't think anybody is painting her as a villain but she has lied/witheld crucial information from Ichabod. Why didn't she tell him any of these things in one of her many flashes/visions to him? She always lets him get blindsided by it. Now, that could be the writers fault because they don't want to reveal things too quickly but it does make it look like she's lying to him.

With Katrina, they've done lots of tell and not show with her which has been detrimental to her character, imo.

And really, two more weeks until the next episode?

Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baelfire24 (View Post)
Yeah. I was hoping that she could have been related to Ichabod than the other guy.
it would make more sense - otherwise why was the house after HER (it killed the bodyguard....so it seems that it has no problem killing people that are irrelevent, but it saved her for something?) and it was after HIS son.

i feel like we need more about what the creature was after? otherwise it's poor writing