Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGfan (View Post)
Abbie might have been involved in some of those stories but I have never seen an episode solely about Abbie. Crane has had more than I can count. At the end of the day Abbie still has nothing to do but take care of Crane and now his wife. That is not acceptable.

I agree with you, which is why I want more Jenny/Abbie scenes. At least we won't see Abbie get outnumbered because of family issues.
Old 11-04-2014, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, yeah, I forgot she was paying his bills. Wth?

We will take the best parts of ourselves and make them gold.
icon credit: lucy
Old 11-04-2014, 03:50 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhoney (View Post)
I see nothing but lies.
No need to get nasty. This isn’t life changing stuff here. I'm just stating my POV.

The episodes mentioned weren’t just all about Crane’s life/wife and their past. Like I said, we got more focus on Abbie or someone SHE cared about..

In that sense the show is not much different from what it was last season. However, the biggest problem I’m having with this season is how Abbie is now being utilized. Backstory or not, she is being written to support the insanity that is Crane and now Katrina’s desire to redeem their murderous son, which we can clearly see her questioning but remaining silent because it's Crane, her buddy. That is NOT cool.

That said, based on the addition of Reyes who knew Abbie (and Jenny’s) parents and the introduction of Corbin’s son who is also connected to Abbie’s past I’m trying to give the writers the benefit of the doubt. I hope that they plan to use these new characters, specifically Reyes since Joe is off to Quantico, later in the season to delve deeper into Abbie (and Jenny’s) past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGfan (View Post)
Abbie might have been involved in some of those stories but I have never seen an episode solely about Abbie.
The Sandman episode last season was all about Abbie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myna (View Post)
OMG You hit the nail on the head!! That's literally the comments I've seen about last nites episodes whereas Abbie fans are disconcerted. Abbie basically only exists now to serve, support, protect, and get dissed by the Cranes!!

And characters like Irving & Jennie have basically disappeared!
Myrna. Long time no see! I believe we used to chat it up over on the Merlin board when it still existed. Good to see you again.

I’m very disappointed with what’s happened with Jenny and Irving. This is why I have no love for Nick. We’ve gotten his character at the expense of Jenny and Irving. Both of whom could be doing everything Nick is doing, especially Jenny. Since she did after all track down ancient, mystical artifacts for Corbin.

Experience the Legacy
Old 11-04-2014, 04:09 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa major (View Post)
The Sandman episode last season was all about Abbie.
I stand corrected, you are absolutely right. That episode was all about Abbie. I think we would all appreciate an episode like that again, it's been awhile, so long that I know I totally forgot about that. It's really been ALL CRANE ALL the time now, especially with the addition of JN as Henry (who I love), but since he was outed as their son, that's pretty much been the entire focus. There haven't been any stand alone Abbie-centric episodes *yet* this season like the Sandman while several of the past episodes have been either about either 1 or more of the Cranes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursa major (View Post)
Myrna. Long time no see! I believe we used to chat it up over on the Merlin board when it still existed. Good to see you again.

I’m very disappointed with what’s happened with Jenny and Irving. This is why I have no love for Nick. We’ve gotten his character at the expense of Jenny and Irving. Both of whom could be doing everything Nick is doing, especially Jenny. Since she did after all track down ancient, mystical artifacts for Corbin.
How are you! it has been awhile. Funny you bring up Merlin, I just watched the final 2 episodes this past weekend because I knew what ultimately would happen and I couldn't bear to watch until now lol

I actually like Nick. I just feel like the show did a better job in the past of giving the lead characters the most focus and sharing the rest of the focus amongst the secondary characters. Other than a couple of episodes that were used to usher in Nick's character, we've now seen him as much as Jenny now and that is to say, not very much! Neither were even in last nights episode unfortunately. I really feel like the show is gearing up to be mainly about the Cranes but I'm hoping I'm wrong

I couldn't believe how dismissive of Abbie's thoughts and feelings Ichabod was last night and how he basically mocked her by saying "let's take a vote" that was uncalled for IMO. Then she of course had to save the day!
Old 11-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myna (View Post)
I stand corrected, you are absolutely right. That episode was all about Abbie. I think we would all appreciate an episode like that again, it's been awhile, so long that I know I totally forgot about that. It's really been ALL CRANE ALL the time now, especially with the addition of JN as Henry (who I love), but since he was outed as their son, that's pretty much been the entire focus. There haven't been any stand alone Abbie-centric episodes *yet* this season like the Sandman while several of the past episodes have been either about either 1 or more of the Cranes.
I agree. This is needed. From what I understand, the writers do more exploration of Abbie's past with regards to her mother. I hope that episode comes soon and is not in anyway related to Katrina and Crane.

Quote:
How are you! it has been awhile. Funny you bring up Merlin, I just watched the final 2 episodes this past weekend because I knew what ultimately would happen and I couldn't bear to watch until now lol [/b]
No need to be embarrassed. It was a tough, and disappointing ending to watch. If it makes you feel any better, I used to rewatch the earlier seasons all the time because I loved the show so much, but after seeing the series finale I haven't had the heart to revisit the show at all.

Quote:
I actually like Nick. I just feel like the show did a better job in the past of giving the lead characters the most focus and sharing the rest of the focus amongst the secondary characters. Other than a couple of episodes that were used to usher in Nick's character, we've now seen him as much as Jenny now and that is to say, not very much! Neither were even in last nights episode unfortunately. I really feel like the show is gearing up to be mainly about the Cranes but I'm hoping I'm wrong
Good point. As you said, I think the reason why last season worked so well was because Abbie and Ichabod were the center of the show and everyone else revolved around them. Now it's kind of like Ichabod and his family are the center of the show and everyone revolves around them. There is way too much Henry. The story worked so much better last season when the villains of week were a residual effect of the Horseman coming to life. I believe it was even said in one episode, that Sleepy Hollow would be a magnet for evil and the supernatural due to the Horseman and the Witnesses. Having Henry be behind every single evil thing that happens and then throwing on the family connection to Ichabod is just too much. Like you, I do hope this doesn't go the family way of the Cranes. Otherwise I'll have to abandon ship. Now that Katrina is home maybe the show will get back to Abbie/Crane and the apocalypse.

Quote:
I couldn't believe how dismissive of Abbie's thoughts and feelings Ichabod was last night and how he basically mocked her by saying "let's take a vote" that was uncalled for IMO. Then she of course had to save the day!
Oh I know! But he pretty much did the same thing in the episode when they raised the Kindred. Abbie clearly had valid reservations about this, but all Crane could see was what he wanted which was to rescue Katrina. Ultimately, it ended up being a plan that wasn't worth the risk since Katrina decided to stay with the Horseman despite Abbie risking her life to save her.

Experience the Legacy
Old 11-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Passionate Fan

Ursa- Merlin was so good. I wished that they could have come up with a better ore creative ending but we did at least have 5 seasons to go back and watch.

IA Henry doesn't need to be behind everything. Making it be Henry makes us have to repeat the same s/l repeatedly, Henry does something awful, Ichabod is weary of Henry, Katrina wants to save him, Abby (rightly) recognizes Henry just wants to kill them, Ichabod sides with Katrina, Abbie saves there behinds, Henry laughs and plots again. In the meantime the same dialogue is repeated and Abbie is dismissed.

And don't even get me started on the wasted resources only for Katrina to stay with Headless only for Ichabbie having to save her and Katrina staying accomplishing nothing!!

I can't with these suicide missions Abbie is so complacent in order to please/save Katrina. I don't know if you watch the Vampire Diaries, but Abbie is fast becoming like the Bonnie character where she's ALWAYS selfless and saving everyone else to her own detriment, and no one cares about her well being only to ask her to save them. If this continues I will have to bow out as well.
Old 11-05-2014, 04:32 AM
Extreme Fan

I don't watch Vampire Diaries but I've heard about how horribly Bonnie's character was treated.

Another thing that bugged me about Monday's episode was Abbie sitting by idly while Crane gave Katrina textbook CPR. Abbie has always been hands on when it comes to saving anyone and to have her sitting there like she had no idea what to do was ridiculous. If they wanted Crane to save his wife, fine, but they could've made it look more organic if maybe Abbie was the one that used the stone to heal Katrina and was across the room at the window and couldn't help or at least she could've been assisting with the CPR. The way it was written was contrived and didn't ring true to Abbie's character at all.

Experience the Legacy
Old 11-05-2014, 07:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Ursa - I agree the direction of that scene was bizarre. I think they wanted to make a parallel to when Nick gave Abbie CPR and now Ichabod giving CPR to Katrina, but they did it in a way that made Abbie's presence weird. I think they also wanted to show Abbie's concern over Katrina, cause you know, many people want her to become the typical trope of black best friend there to support and serve and risk their own happiness and well being for their white counterpart , and frankly that is where I see this show heading and why if it continues this way, will be cancelled after season 3, possibly before.
Old 11-05-2014, 08:05 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICA28 (View Post)
I know right! I have to prepare my brain for it. <scene playing in my mind>

Katrina: Ichbod get the girl to fetch us our supper

Ichbod: Not now dear she is out paying our rent

Abbie: Is there anything else i can do for you two before i can have a life of my own?

Non Abbie Fans: Didnt Nicole/Abbie shine in that scene. Shes the heart of the show
Lol! It's sad how close this is to being accurate. Abbie really doesn't have a life outside of Crane and his horrid family drama and worse, she has no voice. Her mildly objecting to his and Katrina's stupidity, only to quickly cave under the guise of "democracy" was most insulting. The fact that she's not even allowed to raise the subject again or show any anger towards Ichabod disgusts me even more.

I'm going to need Abbie to a get a actual story soon, some real bonding with her sister and yes, a legitimate romantic option (Hawley is definitely not it). I need the writers to show me that they are invested in Abbie or I'm out. I can't stick around for more of what I saw in this last episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by london grammar (View Post)
Oh, yeah, I forgot she was paying his bills. Wth?
And now she'll be paying both Ichabod and Katrina's expenses? How dreadful. I want Abbie far, far away from those two. I don't care that Ichabod is a Witness. Given his betrayal and manipulation of Abbie, he is unworthy of the title anyway.

Last edited by scorpio_chick; 11-05-2014 at 08:19 AM
Old 11-05-2014, 08:29 AM
Master Fan

i cant wait for episode 9 "Mama", it looks like it will be all about the Mills
Old 11-05-2014, 08:32 AM
Obsessed Fan

I finally watch the episode and I couldn't help but hear Abbie think "I'm I in this alone?"

Icon by Me
Old 11-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERICA28 (View Post)
I know right! I have to prepare my brain for it. <scene playing in my mind>

Katrina: Ichbod get the girl to fetch us our supper

Ichbod: Not now dear she is out paying our rent

Abbie: Is there anything else i can do for you two before i can have a life of my own?

Non Abbie Fans: Didnt Nicole/Abbie shine in that scene. Shes the heart of the show

bless. seriously. the "shall we put it to a vote?" was like... almost cruel.

And yet, Abbie/Nicole was the most compelling thing throughout the entire episode. seriously. other than the one john/tom scene, nicole stole the entire show as usual.

X
Old 11-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Master Fan

she is stunning
Old 11-05-2014, 09:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

she is such a beauty!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:02 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm kind of in love with Abbie's wardrobe this season! Her outfit the other night was just... I don't even know what you call that leather...vest? thing she was wearing, but I want!
And that end scene with Ichabod, she looked so beautiful there propped up against that tree.