Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-24-2023, 07:29 AM
Master Fan

I can't believe the finale is here already!

I don't even want to share predictions of a winner because the one I want to win never does.
Old 05-24-2023, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Quote:
I don't even want to share predictions of a winner because the one I want to win never does.
Same here, especially over the last 3 seasons!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 05-24-2023, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Lord of the Rings
Zendaya

Congrats to Yam yam. kinda surprised he won. also that moment where Yam was trying to teach Carson his tricks how to make fire was my favorite moment.

I thought Heidi might pull it off and win. she put up a good fight at the end taking out Carson in the fire challenge.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:20 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Great finale! I wasn't expecting some moments of the episode to be so heavy and make me emotional. I didn't buy for a second after Carson won Immunity that Caryoln or Yam Yam would vote for each other (and I didn't like their weird energy towards Yam Yam when he and Carson came back from the reward. It just seemed mean and unnecessary) so I was sure they would vote Lauren off. Then I thought she found the idol and Heidi would go, but she didn't. When she got so emotional about everything she did during the game made me emotional too then I felt bad when she was voted off. On a side note, they need to switch it up with the finale challenges, I'm getting sick of seeing that same circular puzzle and the final immunity challenge with them having to catch all the balls. Then it seems like the person that did the least just happens to always win that RME. I was pretty sure Heidi would win the final immunity challenge since it ruined having a Tika final 3.

OMG, when Yam Yam was selfless and showed Carson how to make fire better and Carson was so insecure about it and was randomly crying made me cry! I thought it would be Carson and Yam Yam making fire so I just thought that was so sweet and selfless when Yam Yam risked his game to help his friend. I just love seeing examples of someone being a genuine and nice human being (Especially when we're seeing it less and less in America right now) and Carson crying about feeling insecure about himself and being able to make fire just broke my heart. So that entire moment with them was a double whammy and had me crying! I agree, best moment of the episode. Then I was hoping what Yam Yam taught Carson would help him win that fire challenge. That would of been perfect. I was surprised Heidi gave up immunity to go up against Carson, that is BALLSY. If I was safe, I wouldn't give it up so I respected that. Then she made the fire with the fastest record, so good job Heidi! Even though she beat Carson, he made a great fire himself so clearly Yam Yam's advice helped him.

At that point, I thought Heidi might steal the win from Yam Yam and Carolyn. There were times I thought Heidi disappeared in the final tribal with everything Yam Yam and Carolyn said, but they did all hold their own. I personally think this was the most evenly matched F3 they ever had or had in a long time at least. Usually when it's F3, it's the other two facing each other and the third person is basically a floater that didn't really do anything (Which is another reason they need to just bring back a damn F2) I was still rooting for Carolyn, but before the vote I thought ANYONE could win and I literally didn't know what would happen. I thought the votes would be more even or all over the place, so I'm surprised Yam Yam got all the votes but one. I don't think that's reflective for how the final tribal council was cause they all had very strong points for their games. I think it's bs that Carolyn didn't get any votes, cause I thought she played the best game out of the three IMO. I thought his game was sloppy most of the time, but he did great at the final tribal council so congrats to him.

Besides the season Maryanne won, I think this is the best final episode from this new era of Survivor. I really enjoyed it.
Old 05-24-2023, 09:51 PM
Absolute Fan

Not gonna lie; right now I feel like I did after I watched Kaoh Rong for the very first time and Michelle beat Aubry and Tai; I loved the season, but was still disappointed by the outcome.

With that said, Survivor is still an amazing show, and the best player(s) either not winning or getting blanked out in the voting isnt going to change thst.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-24-2023, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had a feeling Yam yam was winning once Carson was out 4th... just knew it...

Not sad to see Lauren go at 5 and it was the smartest move because she did have friends on the jury plus a few wins. So happy to see Tika in the top 4.

Sucks that Carson couldn't pull out the last immunity, it could and would have gone much differently. Good for Heidi winning, she basically had to. I think it was silly of her to put herself into fire, but I guess it paid off, she got the best time which is cool. It was smart to go against Carson who clearly was the least confident with it.

I think the final 3 were all pretty equally matched imo. I was worried a TINY BIT that Heidi would win. If I am being honest, she did have the best arguments imo in the final 3. But something abotu her is unlikable, I'm sorry. So I couldn't see her winning. I also knew she wasnt gonna win because the show didnt show her enough early on.

I had a feeling Carolyn wasnt going to win either because her responses were not good. i love her, but she didnt talk herself up enough. She seemed really down and all her answers were kind of talking about nothing? She should have talked about her idol more, talked about how she saved Carson to keep the three together, how she voted correctly the majority of the time etc, but she basically had Carson speaking for her.... shame.

I do think Yam Yam played a solid game and if I were in the jury I would have voted for him too because it looked like he played the best social game. He also did win immunity and got close a few times.

I will say, the whole tribal questions was BORING! It was way too happy and everyone was too Kumbaya for my taste, I wanted people to be like "WHY THE HELL SHOULD I VOTE FOR YOU ? WHAT DID YOU EVEN DO THIS GAME?" But everyone was way too nice. Dont even get me started on the cheesefest that was the reunion. Jeff needs to stop giving them alcohol.

Was hoping Sia would give money to Carolyn but it didn't happen. :/
Old 05-25-2023, 12:23 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

"Stop giving them alcohol," lol! I do feel like giving the final 3 all that pizza and alcohol would instantly make them sick. I do miss the days of individual jury questions, especially when they were bitter and pissed off. Still miss the live reunion shows too, they just feel too confined and bland doing it this way now.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:45 AM
Absolute Fan

I want to say right now that I thought that the 44 After Show was a lot better than the previous three, with far less obvious shellshock from the Runners-Up than in 42 and 43, and no real 'forced drama' questions from Jeff, and I think that had said After Show not been as good as,it turned out to be, I'd be bitter about the outcome of the season rather than just disappointed by it.
Old 05-25-2023, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

Not happy with the winner, but what else is new.
Old 05-25-2023, 04:22 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

^^^lol! Even though I wanted Carolyn to win, it's not as bad as Gabler winning. Same for Erica, but that's only cause I think Xander should of won that season.
Old 05-25-2023, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I cant with the happy jury, I want more fighting and people calling others out lol.

I thought the aftershow was lame. In general there is too much useless chatter about non game related stuff. MEH.

Quote:
"Stop giving them alcohol," lol! I do feel like giving the final 3 all that pizza and alcohol would instantly make them sick
I dont care if they get sick, the alcohol makes them sloppy and loud and ramble a lot.

I wanted Carolyn to win but i am fine with Yam Yam and I do think he was more deserving. I love Carolyn but she did not answer her jury questions well at all imo.

Sia actually did give money to Carolyn, Carson and Lauren!
Old 05-25-2023, 07:30 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Oh yeah, I guess they can get drunk quicker and just ramble. The other reunion show they used to do was more structured and in order, it's all over the place now IMO. I'm glad the other three got some more money lol.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:53 PM
Absolute Fan

This season's After Show was the best so far, with far less obvious shellshock exhibited by the Runners-Up and no real 'forced drama questions' from Jeff.

Shifting topics slightly, I randomly decided to try and fit in a first-time watch-through of Survivor Thailand ahead of a preplanned Offseason rewatch of Survivor 42 and Survivor 43, and, almost halfway through (I'll watch Episode 7 in the morning), I honestly don't get why received fan wisdom labels it as a bad season.
Old 05-26-2023, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

The best so far, absolutely not. I love the game related questions, not random questions lol.

I miss them getting all cleaned up and seeing what they look like with make up and hair done etc. I also think that it gives them time to reflect on the season if they see the footage of their time on the island.
Old 05-26-2023, 07:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
^^^lol! Even though I wanted Carolyn to win, it's not as bad as Gabler winning. Same for Erica, but that's only cause I think Xander should of won that season.
I liked that Gabler won but then again I'm usually in the minority on who I like to see where.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top