Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2023, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
I don't think she wasted her idol, wouldn't if have been tied between Danny and Carson if she didn't?
I thought Carson only had 2 votes? Danny had 3.

But yeah, there is no way of knowing people were going to change their votes. If Tika were smart they would IMMEDIATELY go hunt for the idol.

I can see why Jam Jam would want Carolyn out. Her and Carson both are frontrunners to win and the jury loves them both. EVERYONE loves Carolyn lol. I will be kinda shocked if she doesn't win.

I loved Carolyns stank face to Jeff when he made that dig about her needing sleep, YAS CAROLYN MY MOTHER.

Old 05-12-2023, 10:41 PM
Absolute Fan

The idea that Carolyn misplayed the Idol is an incorrect misread that presumes that Idol plays generally have to cancel out a majority of votes cast against the person on/for whom they are played.

Carolyn was always going to play the Idol on Carson going into Tribal for a couple of different reasons:
1) She needed to keep him in the game regardless of what happened with the votes
2) She had no guarantee that Lauren and Jamie would agree to the last-minute Danny/Heidi split-vote plan that she told Carson to approach them with

Playing the Idol also became imperative as a way to demonstrate to both the current and future Jury that she is capable of actually playing strategically due to what happened between her and Danny and between her and Lauren prior to the votes.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 05-13-2023, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

????? "Regardless of what happened with the votes"??? lol. He wasn't gonna be voted off. So.... yeah, the votes would have kept him safe if she used her idol or not, so yeah, she wasted it... it's simple math lmao

And your "explanation" about her not trusting they would change their votes IS THE EXACT SAME THING I ALREADY SAID. Which is why I cant blame her for using her idol, but it doesn't change the fact that she wasted it. Personally I would never play an idol for someone else, even my best friend in the game. It can be smart to keep your alliance but you never know if you might need it for yourself. There's no point keeping your alliance safe if you are gonna be the next person out.

It could make it look like shes playing the game to the jury (though not necessarily a smart move playing an idiol she didnt need to waste) but it can also be looked at as a stupid move if she ends up getting sent home next. Not to mention she lets the people STILL LEFT IN THE GAME know that she isn't this weak/stupid player, so its sort of double edged sword.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:36 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
????? "Regardless of what happened with the votes"??? lol. He wasn't gonna be voted off. So.... yeah, the votes would have kept him safe if she used her idol or not, so yeah, she wasted it... it's simple math lmao

And your "explanation" about her not trusting they would change their votes IS THE EXACT SAME THING I ALREADY SAID. Which is why I cant blame her for using her idol, but it doesn't change the fact that she wasted it. Personally I would never play an idol for someone else, even my best friend in the game. It can be smart to keep your alliance but you never know if you might need it for yourself. There's no point keeping your alliance safe if you are gonna be the next person out.

It could make it look like shes playing the game to the jury (though not necessarily a smart move playing an idiol she didnt need to waste) but it can also be looked at as a stupid move if she ends up getting sent home next. Not to mention she lets the people STILL LEFT IN THE GAME know that she isn't this weak/stupid player, so its sort of double edged sword.
If Carson gets all the votes, he's safe because of her Idol.

If there's a tie or an Idol play on or from Danny, he (Carson) is safe from a revote because of her Idol.

If she doesn't cross out her 'anger vent' vote for Lauren, Carson is safe from a revote because of her Idol.

In all scenarios, Carolyn's Idol play ensures that Carson is still in the game regardless of what may or may not happen with the votes, and is therefore both her most strategic and correct move, doubly so when you factor in the impact it had in demonstrating her strategic competence as a player to the jury.
Old 05-13-2023, 10:30 AM
Cardcaptor Queen

I agree it was a double edged sword, but it was for the best. It was kind of like when Jesse used Cody's idol to get him out and that woke everyone up to what a threatening player he is (Not as cold blooded as Jesse's move, but finally made people aware that Carolyn's been playing right under their nose) They will most likely hide the idol again, and I hope Carolyn gets it right back lol.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
If Carson gets all the votes
But... HE DIDNT. lol. So, yeah, she wasted it, cuz... thats what happened lol.

Quote:
In all scenarios, Carolyn's Idol play ensures that Carson is still in the game regardless of what may or may not happen with the votes
You are not understanding.

Sure, in other scenarios her idol wouldn't be wasted, but IN THE SCENARIO THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED she didn't need to use her idol, so yes, in real life, what happened, she wasted it lol.

You can play the "what if" game about literally anything!

I agree that playing the idol was a smart decision FOR CARSON and ensureing no matter what happens hes likely to stay in the game, but its not a smart move for Carolyn. And unfortunately, the scenario that happened wasn't a good outcome because in turn, it wasted the idol.

I love Carolyn and I get why she used it, but she still wasted it.
Old 05-13-2023, 07:15 PM
Absolute Fan

^ Agree to disagree.

Carolyn got everything that she wanted/needed out of this last Tribal, and used her Idol to do it.
Old 05-14-2023, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

She wont be saying that next week if shes on the chopping block with no idol.

You are free to disagree but you always come into threads being so condescending and rude.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Glad Danny left.

With Carolyn's idol now being played, won't another be hidden around camp? So she could find another. Or WIN individual immunity.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:34 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
She wont be saying that next week if shes on the chopping block with no idol.

You are free to disagree but you always come into threads being so condescending and rude.
I don't think that anything that I've said was condescending or rude, but if it came across that way, I genuinely apologize. I was simply trying to lay out a broader, more in-depth picture of what Carolyn did, why she did it, and why it was both necessary and correct.

Regarding Carolyn being vulnerable, I don't think its going to matter because I firmly believe, based on everything that has happened in the season so far, that we're headed toward a single-tribe, single-alliance FTC featuring the Three Stooges.

I also firmly believe that the overall arc of Carolyn's game gives her a stronger initial case for victory than both Carson and Jam Jam in that scenario, although I'm not discounting the possibility of one of them being able to mount a stronger case at FTC and sway the Jury to their side.
Old 05-14-2023, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm sorry but just the way you word things is condescending imo, trying to make people feel like they are wrong or idiots if they dont see if the way you see it.

Quote:
broader, more in-depth picture
Words like this is what I am talking about. So someone with a different opinion has a view that is close minded and not in depth?????

Carolyn is highly entertaining, which could explain all her screen time, not necessarily because she is going to win the show.

I hope she does win and if she does, I will find that really interesting because we would then have had Gabler, Maryanne and Carolyn as winners, which are sort of similar personalities...all "weird" or not typical behaving people who others viewed as non threats... interesting.
Old 05-14-2023, 09:26 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

Yeah, pretty interesting and eccentric batch of winners the last few seasons. I loved Maryanne winning but not Gabler. I would love if Carolyn won too (and if not her then Carson) she's been the most interesting person this season. The season would of been boring as hell without her cause she's really the only thing to stand out about it IMO.
Old 05-16-2023, 03:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree lol. I like Carson but Carolyn makes the show for me.

I also agree about maryanne and gabler. didnt want him to win, i was rooting for cassidy. but i was happy with maryanne winning by the end of it.
Old 05-16-2023, 08:14 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

I also didn't realize until I read comments about it, but it's crazy Maryanne is only the second AA woman to win Survivor since Valcepia won Survivor Marquesas 20 years ago! I must not of realized that cause they have had more BM win Survivor I guess, but I just can't believe it's been that long! Hopefully that changes.
Old 05-17-2023, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Carolyn just said she doesn't regret using her idol, so the point is moot now, so let's move on now.

On to finish watching the episode now!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top