Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2018, 07:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I really hope they consider killing Fred for real because it would be nice to see the good guys come out on top in some way.
If it does happen, when you see that happening?
Old 06-17-2018, 01:33 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)

it was weird to see Aunt Lydia open up a little. you'd think she's unbreakable as well. didn't make me feel for her though. I don't think anything could. of course I used to think that about Serena too but I think it's different I was hoping that she'd take the hint and try to do something against Fred but I guess she doesn't have that kind of power. after all she's just a woman in a country that thinks nothing about them. and maybe June would be okay with her child being physically safe but to have a guide like Lydia...she'd become the same kind of horrible person everyone is there.
She doesn't have any power in Gilead and even if she revolts, she'd end up in the colonies. So it'll be very interesting to see if she does realize that she's wrong and plans to take this all down with her eventually. I'm all for redeeming Serena as long as this entire system is taken down and she's a part of that.

Quote:
The NK stuff is super interesting to read about. I never realized everything messed up going on over there until I read all about it. Those people are brainwashed.
Have you watched some of the YT vids of some travelers who visited there (and some documentaries too)? You can't even go outside without a designated guide (if you're a foreigner visiting). And I don't think you're allowed to loiter at the wee hours of the evening and morning too. We're all aware that this is happening and yet we also can't do anything about it. It's not like they're raping women there or killing people everyday but they live in a different kind of personal hell. The citizens are not even allowed to travel out of the country, WTH right? It only made me realize some of the similarities because of this particular ep.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-17-2018, 03:48 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Have you watched some of the YT vids of some travelers who visited there (and some documentaries too)? You can't even go outside without a designated guide (if you're a foreigner visiting). And I don't think you're allowed to loiter at the wee hours of the evening and morning too. We're all aware that this is happening and yet we also can't do anything about it. It's not like they're raping women there or killing people everyday but they live in a different kind of personal hell. The citizens are not even allowed to travel out of the country, WTH right? It only made me realize some of the similarities because of this particular ep.
I didn't know that at all
Old 06-17-2018, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

They have false news too about the US bombing other places and threatening them and basically they are just trying to make everyone there afraid of the US.

I think theres no internet there except for in like a few hotels, right?

People have been kidnapped a lot too and women often try to flee to escape. There are some messed up stories.

I thought they had laws on how many children you could have too right?
Old 06-17-2018, 11:16 PM
Moderator Manager

Propaganda definitely. There's internet there but one provided for by the government. Their shows are also provided for by the government and they don't get shows that aren't from N. Korea. I don't know about the laws about children but I did read that the men are forced to join the military or at least serve the country when they turn a certain age. If they escape and get caught, they get sent to 'concentration camps' where they do extensive labor or something. Some of these stories are told by escapees who managed to flee to S. Korea. It's all quite interesting to read about.

Sorry for all the N. Korea talk. That ep just reminded me of the country and all it's propaganda which is troubling.

Quote:
At the monitor on set, they take me very seriously as EP and lead actress... it’s so incredible to work at a place where I’m so respected –Lizzie

Old 06-18-2018, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
They have false news too about the US bombing other places and threatening them and basically they are just trying to make everyone there afraid of the US.

I think theres no internet there except for in like a few hotels, right?

People have been kidnapped a lot too and women often try to flee to escape. There are some messed up stories.

I thought they had laws on how many children you could have too right?
I'm not sure about the internet, but I think China is an bit similar (not to that extent) though. It wouldn't surprise me if they block out any negative reports on the news about them too, since I know that China does that.

Most of those stories are so sad to read too.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

Just watched the newest ep and I absolutely love the direction these last few ones have taken but someone remind me again when did Nick get his hands on the letters?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:50 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
Just watched the newest ep and I absolutely love the direction these last few ones have taken but someone remind me again when did Nick get his hands on the letters?
He saw June lighting up the letters in the kitchen/dining hall at night and warned her not to do that there even though it was late and no one will catch her and mostly cause Nick just wants some short alone time with June. June left the letters there and he took them.

Old 06-18-2018, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayrey (View Post)
I couldn't remember that at all either.
Old 06-19-2018, 10:42 PM
Moderator Manager

New ep today! I cannot wait.

Quote:
Sorry Ann, Gilead is exhausting and sometimes a girl just needs a nap –Lizzie

Old 06-19-2018, 11:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Great photo
Old 06-20-2018, 01:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

so cute

can't wait to see it either

Old 06-20-2018, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Hopefully it's an another great episode
Old 06-20-2018, 04:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Im so glad 10 isn't the last one!
Old 06-20-2018, 06:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I was freaking out they've ended the season there!