Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for that. I can't not binge, it' just what I do.

If I do find it too dark I can interchange. 1 episode of HMT to one episode of Westworld!
Old 06-06-2018, 02:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

^I usually watch westworld and then handmaids tale too.
Old 06-06-2018, 10:47 AM
Master Fan

I'm terrified for today's episode, isn't it great when you get to Wednesdays?
Old 06-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

sure is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
Thanks for that. I can't not binge, it' just what I do.

If I do find it too dark I can interchange. 1 episode of HMT to one episode of Westworld!
I binged the 1st season of both as well I was really upset each time so I usually had to wait a few days to continue but it was comforting that I could watch the next one whenever I wanted, while now waiting one week is usually really hard

Old 06-06-2018, 01:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm not really put off by dark themes, so I think I'll be okay, but when I do watch, I'll want to review at the same time!
Old 06-07-2018, 12:38 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
I'm terrified for today's episode, isn't it great when you get to Wednesdays?
I'm both excited and terrified.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love binging too.

But I just cant wait with those show....

2x08

This episode was depressing, but what episode isn’t….

It was actually sort of nice of Serena to give June the jewelry box back. And is this seriously what Serena wanted and dreamed up when she planned all of this with the commander? For women to be completely ignored and looked down on?

It was not smart of June to ask Serena for Janine to see her child after what Janine had done. What is going on with Serena? Seriously. And June is getting way too bold trying to control situations.

It’s awful that they thought baby Angela wasn’t able to survive and that the doctor woman couldn’t help her. Watching that whole scene was just heartbreaking. UGH I DON’T WANT TO SEE A BABY DYING. wtf show. (SHOCKING that these conservative people are pro-life and will do anything to “make” a baby but dont really care about health care after there born…. thats sarcasm) SO GLAD she didnt actually die and that Janine was able to save her with a little bit of love from her real mother. The baby could probably sense the stupid wife didnt really love her. I'm also glad the doctor woman wasnt killed in the episode but maybe she will be next episode due Fred's request...

Serena forcing that whole situation was so scary, I knew it would come back to bite her in the ass. I wanted so much wrath brought down on her in the past but in the last few episodes she actually wasn’t horrible and I feel a bit bad for her regarding Fred. I knew he wasn’t going to like her and June teaming up together. He’s a possessive, controlling man that wants to be everyone to kneel at his feet and be at his beck and call so of course he doesn’t want them working together. Him pulling off his belt, making her bend over, and then whipping her in front of June was just disgusting and one of the most horrible scenes to watch on this show. But I am thankful he didnt rape her in front of June.... With that said, a small part of me hopes she’s that is regretting everything she’s done. She’s responsible for this world and therefor partly for what is happening to her. June offering to help her at the end was nice, but I knew that Serena wasn’t going to respond kindly.

What was with June’s last looks though at the end, was that her being happy to see Serena suffering? It was smart of June to go to the commander and apologize. She’s making it appear as if she’s still on his side. She needs to use that relationship to her advantage.

I do wonder what this is going to do to the dynamics in the house, especially Fred and Serena’s dynamic.

Emily might be a problem later on… she seems to be almost at the brink. I’m worried for her.

THE LITTLE NICK/JUNE HANDHOLD. I will take my nice moments where I can get them.

Nick’s wife saying “praise be” and him just being like “mmhmm” is hilarious. but I feel bad for her. She’s stuck in this life too with a husband that clearly doesn’t really care about her. I wish Nick would be a little bit more caring with her. I felt bad for her too when he got upset about the letters. She’s just a young girl. But at at the same time, I think maybe she did read them. What were those about?

NEXT WEEK LOOKS SO GOOD. The Waterford’s want to go to Canada and that man wants to publish Serena’s story (not sure what he means, her story in Gilead?) She obviously cant say yes or Fred will probably murder her. What a glow up it would be if she did though... And June going to Martha about his abuse… wow.
Old 06-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourburst (View Post)
Sometimes they go up Wednesday morning, other Thursday mid afternoon.
Okay
Old 06-07-2018, 02:42 AM
Extreme Fan

Fred Waterford is a vile person, jesus christ. Serena is a bad person herself, but that does not make what Fred did to her ok.

Serena is an interesting character to follow, she's kind of the Cersei Lannister of this show in that she causes a lot of her own problems and is messed up, but there's the odd grey area and moments of sympathy. She goes from being intentionally cruel, to taking a big risk to do something good, and she'll probably go back and forth.

I don't want baby Charlotte to go back to her "legal parents" she thrives with her real mother, Janine singing to her was really sweet, she's the one person who genuinely loves Charlotte in this world. I hope she has curly hair like her mum, the more she looks like Janine the more it'll annoy Naomi.

Book spoiler:
Spoiler:

I'm thinking that being an Econowife in a commanders' household is even more depressing than being a Martha. Eden seems painfully bored sitting around alone in that apartment, she is alone almost all day every day. I'm an introvert but that constant boredom would have me thinking of jabbing myself with a knitting needle!

Eden is still a threat (even if she does not intend to be) and Nick was forced into marrying a child bride, but it'd keep the peace more if Nick could just give her some innocent small-talk. "Oh the place looks lovely, you did a good job!" "Dinner was delicious last night". Maybe give her some stuff to do? Are econowives allowed to paint walls, so she can keep busy with decorating? It'd minimise Eden speculating as to what is wrong, and she'd be less miserable. I am not totally certain Eden can read, it sounds like even pre-Gilead she was raised in a heavily religious and remote environment so she might have never been taught.

Last edited by Kinky-Cousin; 06-07-2018 at 02:48 AM
Old 06-07-2018, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
I'm not really put off by dark themes, so I think I'll be okay, but when I do watch, I'll want to review at the same time!
Alright I'm watching the episode right now
Old 06-07-2018, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's amazing how the show can make me question myself so many times like, in the case of Serena. you know, she occasionally shows actual human emotions and she can do nice things for June once in a while but usually snaps back to her usual mean self, but ever since they worked together on the security principals while Fred was away, she's been non-stop nice basically. it might be just that actually. when Fred is away she can show her true colors, at least it seems that way to me. and she definitely enjoyed being in charge, which is why I don't understand why she was willing to give it up for this new world order...? she might've trusted her "faith" more, I'm not sure.
anyhow, the way she did all she could to save the baby, to go against Fred and let the Martha examine her (which was so beautiful how much the Martha enjoyed being back to her job after all that time, I'm crying just thinking about it now), and that she let Janine see the child and hold her, she really went all the way. I know all these things don't make right all the horrible things she'd done, but there might be good in her after all, it was just pushed back somehow. honestly, I'd love to know how she got into the kind of thinking we'd seen in her flashbacks in the episode before this, because I don't quite get it how she ended up there, so like going back to childhood years or something.
so what this show does...is kinda inexplicable to me. I never really expected to feel genuine sorry for her, but when the Commander punished her like the maniac he is...I bawled my eyes out. you know it's all these things. to see women like that, however horrible they'd been they could not deserve that; also personal experiences with domestic abuse; also the fact that I love Yvonne, but mostly the fact that it's men again misunderstanding The Word and thinking it's up to them to decide on everything and that they're superior. there's just 10 million reasons why that scene was so terrible. the least I hope, is that Fred gets such a slow and painful death that it'll go down in tv history as the most terrifying death scene ever, because otherwise what is the point?
guess it took me a scene like this to change my view on Serena completely... I went from hating her to wanting to shelter her and protect her every way I could I'm sensing that she'll slowly change her entire take on this new world and she'll turn on her husband somehow and maybe even help the handmaids..?? she can't possibly take this any longer. and the next ep looks really promising from that aspect.

Old 06-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoJoF92 (View Post)
the least I hope, is that Fred gets such a slow and painful death that it'll go down in tv history as the most terrifying death scene ever, because otherwise what is the point?
I would love to see Fred get a particularly nasty end!

More book content from me:
Spoiler:
Old 06-07-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think Nick just feels completely uncomfortable with Eden, not just because she's 15 but because he loves June. So its extremely hard for him to show any sort of love towards her. He also might feel like he'd be betraying june and his baby for being loving with her.

But I really think its in the best interest of everyone for him to pretend more and be kinder with her because like said above, she would be happier and feel more confident in that relationship.

Now i'm having a bad feeling that Eden might turn him in because shes unhappy. And it could cause problems for Nick. Ugh.

Serena is a nut job but i dont think she really signed up for the "you come 2nd to your husband" part of the rules. She kinda just went along with it because they wanted to create new rules and she was under the belief that maybe they didnt really apply to her because she created Gilead. Unfortunately for her though Fred has different ideas and now has the power to enforce it.

HOWEVER, Serena totally has some dirt on him that she could get him in trouble for, such as sneaking the Handmaid out of the house and sleeping with her outside of the "ceremony". So Fred should really watch himself.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:29 AM
Moderator Manager

Wow what a sad ep but at least it wasn't that depressing. I cried at the part where Janine was holding her baby. We rarely see moments like that on Gilead, the 'normal' moments so seeing it on the show was heartbreaking.

Oh Serena. A small part of me enjoyed the spanking but a large part felt sorry for her. She is the reason why there is this system so I was really torn with the character. These last 2 eps have shown a different side of her. I'm also thinking (and hoping) that a part of her is neglecting this all now. Surely, she should know the consequence of having June look through those papers. The fact that she trusted her spoke a lot. I am still very cautious. I can't fully trust her yet.

I'm also wondering if June keeping her head down and obeying everything is working out for her? It seems to me that she's happy that both Fred & Serena are at odds now so maybe this is all part of her plan?

I was scared that Nick was gonna hurt Eden when he saw that the letters, those that June burned which he kept. Eden is also feeling neglected now as Nick is very obvious about not making too much small talk and just agreeing to everything she wants. I have a feeling that Eden will turn on Nick since she's unhappy. She can report those letters to the Commander & Serena. Brownie points for her.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-08-2018, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinky-Cousin (View Post)
I would love to see Fred get a particularly nasty end!

More book content from me:
Spoiler:
I hope so too
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top