Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2018, 01:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
the only person i can see getting nick in trouble would be fred, if he gets an inkling that there is something between june and nick. i cant imagine anyone else because who else knows of them?
True, but can you see Fred finding out about them anytime soon?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:43 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I hope she's realizing how wrong it is now. I really want Serena to realize this is all one big mistake and redeem herself.
She's been disillusioned about Fred, which is a start. She thought that they were partners, and that despite her role as a Wife in Gilead, he still loved and respected her.

Spoiler:

As for Nick, my guess is that, at the very minimum, he's Fred's prime suspect as the baby's father. Serena has told him that it's not his, and Nick is the most logical person for her to have approached for help. He can't report Nick; not only would it lose him the credit he is getting for having fathered a child, Nick knows too much about his own transgressions. He tried to get him transferred but it didn't work, something that may lead him to suspect that Nick is an Eye, meaning that he is being watched.

Right now, I wouldn't put it past Fred to try to seduce Eden, or to rape her if that doesn't work, in order to get revenge on Nick.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
Great insta shot! Thanks for that!
It does look pretty great
Old 06-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

yeah I'm a bit worried for eden being in that close of quarters with fred
Old 06-12-2018, 11:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
She's been disillusioned about Fred, which is a start. She thought that they were partners, and that despite her role as a Wife in Gilead, he still loved and respected her.
Although he did love her before all of this? From the flashbacks we got, Fred seems to be a decent person.

Quote:
Right now, I wouldn't put it past Fred to try to seduce Eden, or to rape her if that doesn't work, in order to get revenge on Nick.
UGH very possible.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-13-2018, 04:01 PM
Supreme Fan

The newest episode!! I loved it so much. Definitely one of my favorites this season.

Your favorite screencaps site

My tumblr
Old 06-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

what an episode! June is managing to get an emotional response out of pretty much everyone!

I keep waiting for Serena to change sides, I don't really understand why she would stand by all the nonsense of Gilead. She will certainly be a wild card at some point

How did Fred change so much!

Eden might think it's a privilege to sleep with the Commander
Old 06-14-2018, 12:34 AM
Moderator Manager

I cannot wait to get home and watch. I'm glad you both enjoyed the ep.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:02 AM
Fan Forum Star

209: AMAZING EPISODE. ONE OF MY FAVS!

Serena kicking June out before she can even breast feed the baby is pretty sad, but I think that she cant stand being around June after what Fred did in front of her. I think Serena feels ashamed. But its just sad because I was really starting to enjoy those two getting along.

It definitely seemed like Serena was missing a bit of her old life as she was staring out the window at everyone on the streets and the music playing in Canada. I loved the woman telling Serena she read in her free time. Take that bitch. I also loved the other lady with the child who totally snubbed her. Like, Serena, what do you freaking expect? She should have taken the offer to go to Hawaii and get the F out of there. lol. When she returned and had to hang up her boring ass clothes… wow. That was amazing. I definitely think at some point she is going to crack.

YAS LUKE FOR TELLING FRED OFF! YES MOIRA FOR TELLING HIM HER NAME. I love too that Nick saw June’s husband and was so shook. Nick telling Luke that June was pregnant was a bit mean? But I also see why he did it… Sucks that Luke doesn’t even know that June/Nick are basically in love. UGH, its gonna crush him when he finds out. This whole thing is just so sad.

I am SO worried for Nick. SO freaking worried. Because he gave the letters to Luke, which then went public, and now someone is going to be blamed for it. And Eden knows that Nick had them. UGH…. Im scared. Nick telling June about Luke and Moira was such a great moment. But you feel so bad for Nick in that moment because you can see how sad he was. He can see how much she loves Luke. I definitely think Nick is going to die this season and I am not ready for it. I think June will say she loves him back and then he will die and I am going to be so damn upset.

I’ve really grown to like Aunt Lydia, I used to hate her so much. But June manipulating her to get more time with her child was interesting. And Lydia ended up telling her she was a godmother, so thats progress.

It seems so unfair and wrong that Gilead can hold all these people essentially hostage and nothing can be done about it? Like, what the hell.

The ending was amazing. I really loved this episode, it had some really nice f you moments and just… empowering moments, which I loved.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I will watch the episode in hour or so
Old 06-14-2018, 02:42 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Nick really loves June so I’m pretty sure he will sacrifice himself for her at some point, he knows they can’t be together on the long term
Old 06-14-2018, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I can definitely see that happening too, it's just an matter of when for me.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:49 AM
Moderator Manager

OMG where do I begin? I freaking love that episode.

What did Fred eat and why'd he suddenly want to go to Canada? All I heard was that he wanted to show them how powerful Gilead women are and yet the minute Serena arrived in Canada, we can clearly see her defenses starting to crumble. She is regretting it all, I think. And just how she was treated. First that woman in the elevator with her kid and then that publisher who sat with her and gave her his cigarette box. We've seen in the past 3 eps that Serena is trying to hold this all together but this ep she finally saw how she is seen from the outside.

I actually screamed when Luke saw Fred and Fred was all "Commander Waterford if you don't mind. And you are?" and Luke said " Luke Bankole. You raped my wife!" OMGGGGGGGGGGG.

But I want to talk about 2 scenes that really struck with me and made me cry. First is the Luke & Nick scene at the bar. Nick telling Luke that June is pregnant and HE FREAKING GAVE THE LETTERS TO HIM. I didn't even know he brought those letters along. Interesting to note that Nick didn't tell Luke that June is pregnant with his child (he said it's Fred's) and he didn't tell June that Nick knows she's pregnant. And then that end scene with Nick & June!!! That broke my heart. After telling June everything about Luke & Moira, he still said that he loves her. I was a crying mess I swear. They broke my heart!!!!!!

Also I gotta love that the Waterfords are banished in Canada. They literally just went there to humiliate themselves and I love it. That end part at the airport with all those people and the yelling and the ruckus? I had my hand over my mouth. Their whole situation kind of reminds me of N. Korea actually like they're such a hermit country and Gilead kind of seems to be that kind. I heard you can't even take pictures of the buildings or view in N. Korea and there's some propaganda happening there which is exactly what's also happening on Gilead.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

amazing episode really

loved that they brought together the 2 worlds by bringing Fred and Serena to Canada. I actually thought they'd be hostile towards them from the start but they only changed their mind when the letters got out...? I find it hard to believe people actually don't know or can't be sure what's really happening in Gilead that they thought itwas just the way the media put it..their security system and such don't seem that good to me or maybe the country really keeps everything to themselves now. so it was kinda eye-opening. I had a different idea of what the rest of the world knew about Gilead before.

I was really rooting for someone to assassinate Fred but I guess I'm asking for too much since he just survived an explosion loved that Luke went to face him, though, since in the last episodes he didn't seem all that worried about June, but the Commander being there must've really triggered him and rightfully so. one thing I'll never get my head around (well several things but..) is how Fred can straight up lie to anyone while he's so "faithful" to The Word, when Luke called him out on raping June, and he's all "I did no such thing". of course when you lie to yourself long enough you believe it, and he doesn't really get one thing right from the Bible like most leaders/people in Gilead... it just..I wanna punch him so bad to say the least.

also, it's so hard to figure Serena out. I was hoping she'd change hermind about everything after she was abused by her huisband and I keep waiting for her to do something, not just show acts of kindness once in a while, but I guess she has real faith in that system and it's hard to let go of. also she doesn't seem to be selfish, there's one thing she's set her mind on the whole time and that's to save the children. her strength is admirable but sooner or later she'll have to break and let go of these ideas..

it was weird to see Aunt Lydia open up a little. you'd think she's unbreakable as well. didn't make me feel for her though. I don't think anything could. of course I used to think that about Serena too but I think it's different I was hoping that she'd take the hint and try to do something against Fred but I guess she doesn't have that kind of power. after all she's just a woman in a country that thinks nothing about them. and maybe June would be okay with her child being physically safe but to have a guide like Lydia...she'd become the same kind of horrible person everyone is there.

loved the scene where Nick told June about her family in Canada slowly she's gaining more and more hope and it will help her get through the worst of times because Moira has done the impossible so there's hope for her as well.

Old 06-16-2018, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Their whole situation kind of reminds me of N. Korea actually like they're such a hermit country and Gilead kind of seems to be that kind. I heard you can't even take pictures of the buildings or view in N. Korea and there's some propaganda happening there which is exactly what's also happening on Gilead.
The NK stuff is super interesting to read about. I never realized everything messed up going on over there until I read all about it. Those people are brainwashed.

I really hope they consider killing Fred for real because it would be nice to see the good guys come out on top in some way.
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top