Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-26-2018, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa (View Post)
I think there are a lot of possibilities, but I am leaning towards Fred not knowing? Unless he set Nick up. Ugh, who knows.

However, if he set Nick up you wold think the commander would have also told them about June and then people would have searched the house. A bit weird.
The fact that they didn't search the house for June makes me think Fred doesn't know about Nick.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:31 AM
Fan Forum Star

I thought Nick was going to die all season long, but now I am not so sure. I swear we saw Eden in one of the promos in the woods somewhere. i thought we saw Fred there too but maybe that was just the shot of him killing the guy that shot Serena back in whatever that episode was. But it makes me think Eden and the guard might die/get punished for their affair.

Nick getting kidnapped in this episode with 2 to go makes me think its a misdirect. I pray they arent going to kill him off, id be so sad.

I need to rewatch the promo and see if I can put together certain scenes that haven't aired yet.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

How would Eden and the guard's affair come out then, because Nick was the only one who saw it?
Old 06-26-2018, 04:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlavin95 (View Post)
How would Eden and the guard's affair come out then, because Nick was the only one who saw it?
Eden is a true believer. It's not impossible that she would confess of her own accord, especially if she feels that she should be punished but her husband didn't do it.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I was gonna say, I can totally see Eden confessing.
Old 06-26-2018, 04:25 PM
Master Fan

Anyone else super freaking worried about tomorrow's episode??

Old 06-26-2018, 06:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regan (View Post)
Eden is a true believer. It's not impossible that she would confess of her own accord, especially if she feels that she should be punished but her husband didn't do it.
Yeah, that's true.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:46 PM
Moderator Manager

I hope Nick getting kidnapped is a misdirect too. I don't want to worry about him, June & their baby all at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGSAFDMD (View Post)
http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/lu.gif
OMG this made me laugh because this gif is so appropriate with everything I'm feeling for these last 3 eps.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-26-2018, 10:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:

Hahah
Old 06-27-2018, 11:19 AM
Master Fan

This show stresses me so much I ain't even kidding, like just this morning I remembered "omg is the handmaid's tale day today" and started having anxiety like wth
Old 06-27-2018, 03:44 PM
Part-Time Fan

I find it strangely fitting that, apart from the wolf, the only characters to appear in the present in this episode are June, Serena, Fred and baby Holly. They represent the core players in the Handmaid system; Handmaid, Wife, Commander, and the coveted miracle, the reason for what they do: the Baby.

My heart broke when June wasn't able to drive away, and was forced to alert others to her presence to ensure baby Holly's survival, and her own. She vowed not to let her grow up in Gilead but, as she told Janine when she was ready to drown herself and baby Charlotte, her daughter deserves a chance to live to see a better future.

How they are going to explain this, I do not know. The Aunts, Wives and other Commanders will have expected the usual Birth Day ceremony, so Serena and Fred will have to convince everybody that baby Holly's birth was incredibly fast, leaving no time to put on the usual show.

Speaking of the usual show, I absolutely love that June got to give birth alone, depriving Serena of the opportunity to be the centre of attention and to play act that she was the one giving birth. It will also be interesting to see if the lack of the Birth Day ceremony will impact Serena. She is so desperate to believe that this is her baby, that God means for her to be the mother, but baby Holly was not conceived or born according to the prescribed rituals. She is not Fred's child. She was not conceived while Serena and June were in the Ceremony pose, to become "one flesh". Serena was not present for the birth.

I'd also like to see how Serena feels about being mother to a baby girl. If baby Holly is brought up according to the rules of Gilead, she will never be allowed to learn to read or write, never know any real freedom. She will be married off at a young age, and if she is not fertile, she will end up sharing her husband with a Handmaid, assuming that she grows up to be a Commander's Wife rather than an Econowife. Also, if Hannah is any indication, corporal punishment may be on the table. Could she stand by while Fred beat "her" daughter?

Compare that to what might have been; had she availed of the offer to go to Hawaii, she could raise her biological child, who would be free to be educated, regardless of its sex, and who have a chance at a free, bright future.

I'm not sure that Serena and Fred's relationship is going to weather the storm. He doesn't want to believe that Nick and June would turn on him. He seems to genuinely believe that he has been kind to June and that, but for Serena's cruel treatment, she would be grateful to him, and happy to be part of his household. Serena is also the one who arranged for June to have sex with Nick. Fred may prefer to convince himself that there was no need for that, that she would have conceived his child had Serena not done so.

Spoiler:
Old 06-27-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Fan

tbh i feel that the show might have done a few too many filler episodes for the second season

13 episodes? thats excessive!

keep it to 10
Old 06-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONDEMNED666 (View Post)
tbh i feel that the show might have done a few too many filler episodes for the second season

13 episodes? thats excessive!

keep it to 10
What episodes do you think have been filler so far?
Old 06-27-2018, 10:30 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
This show stresses me so much I ain't even kidding, like just this morning I remembered "omg is the handmaid's tale day today" and started having anxiety like wth
LMAO! This has been me the entirety of S2. But it has reached to full anxiety/stress levels now that we're down to the last 3 eps.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I cannot remember a lot of details and the other evening I introduced my mom to the pilot of the show and she loved it. So I’ve continued a rewatch, I’m on episode 6 of season 1.

As for details of season two, can anyone tell me what happens with Nick (Max Minghella)?
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top