Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2016, 03:19 PM
Moderator Manager

Hmm who is rodrigo?

Ohh you should check out Simone Biles... she is incredible!!!!
Old 08-14-2016, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I forgot to include 'Santoro.' I guess that cursed headache I had when I last posted on this thread made me forgetful.

From what I've heard, she is a powerhouse. I'll check out some of her videos, especially her Olympics performances. I want to see what everyone is talking about.

Last edited by rocky845; 08-14-2016 at 10:14 PM
Old 08-16-2016, 08:06 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh Rodrigo Santoro is a huge star here! Kind of like one of the few Brazilian actors that has made it in Hollywood! I know I love him since he was a teenager participating in soap operas here

She is AMAZING!! I loved her routines! She is excellent
Old 08-17-2016, 08:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I just came in here to say that I love Jordan Parrish too
Old 08-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ He is indeed very loveable.

Welcome to the thread. How are you doing today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si_Crazy (View Post)
Ohh Rodrigo Santoro is a huge star here! Kind of like one of the few Brazilian actors that has made it in Hollywood! I know I love him since he was a teenager participating in soap operas here

She is AMAZING!! I loved her routines! She is excellent
Never mind then. I guess I don't know any awesome Brazilian famous people who haven't quite hit it big. I should have known that Rodrigo is huge in Brazil. He has had some really high-profile roles. Aw, you've been a fan since you were a teenager? That's quite a long time.

I'm blown away by her. She is just getting started with her career.
Old 08-18-2016, 05:20 AM
Moderator Manager

^ There haven't been many Another big name here is Wagner Moura (currently in Narcos).
But yeah, Rodrigo was like my teen crush back in the day... along Leonardo DiCaprio

Yep!! I have a feeling we'll be seeing her shine for a long time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brienna (View Post)
I just came in here to say that I love Jordan Parrish too
another one that loves Parrish!! he is such a nice guy!!!
Old 08-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I'm going to keep my eyes open for another Brazilian star like Rodrigo and Wagner. Speaking of Wagner, I remember you mentioning him. I've heard how great he is in Narcos. I'm looking forward to watching him in the role for myself. At least you remember your teen crushes. I jumped from one teen idol to another like it was going out of style. I probably had dozens of celebrity crushes.

I'm definitely a fan. I wish her a long career. Sadly, I'll have to rely on YouTube videos to watch her in action.

He's great! Initially, I thought that he wouldn't be around for very long. I love that TPTB decided to give him more of a role with his supernatural upgrade.

Last edited by rocky845; 08-18-2016 at 06:24 PM
Old 08-19-2016, 01:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky845 (View Post)
^ He is indeed very loveable.

Welcome to the thread. How are you doing today?
Aren't different time zones great?

Thanks for the welcome

I'm Paula, from The Netherlands Doing great, thank you
Old 08-19-2016, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I used to post with a lot of Europeans so I remember how often I would be dropping onto a board when they would be on their way out.

You're welcome.

It's great to see you posting here, Paula. You're in the Netherlands? That's so cool! I actually don't know anything about your country other than the fact that athletes wear orange when they're representing their country. That's good to hear. How do you spend your days? School? Work? Other?

Last edited by rocky845; 08-19-2016 at 10:11 AM
Old 08-19-2016, 01:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, over at The 100 board some Americans during vacation time would stay up crazy late (like 4-6 AM) so we would get some chatting time together. Or I stay up late (1-2 AM) and I'd catch them in their mornings. Now with everyone back to work I'm usually in ghost town on during my day

I'm a stay-at-home mother for three kids, aged 7, 6 & 5 (I'm 29). School will be starting in 2 weeks again, I'll be glad to get some structure to our days again
I volunteer a lot at school, but for the rest I'm at home
It's taking some getting used to, this will be the first year that my youngest will be in school full time as well. So I don't know what I'm going to do with my time then
Apart from probably spending way too much time on

How about you?
Old 08-20-2016, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Wow, that sounds like fun! I haven't done that in such a long time. If my research is correct, then it looks like you're six hours ahead of me. If I continously lurk on this board, then I might be able to post with you.

Wow, you have three kids? I can't imagine taking care of one kid, and you somehow manage to take care of three of them? You're Superwoman in my eyes. I can imagine how much time you dedicate to your kids during summer break. I hope you all get a nice routine going when school starts. So are you planning fun days with them for their last two weeks of break?

Are you ready for your five year-old's first year in school full-time, or are you dreading it? How is he or she feeling about it? I'm sure you'll find something to occupy your time with. You have two weeks to brainstorm ideas.

Well, I'm trying to figure out what I want to do, so I'm mostly in job-hunt mode. It takes up a lot of time, but I know it will all be worth it when I find my way.
Old 08-20-2016, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It seems we're both online now

I did the job-hunt thing for three years, but I quit school to become a stay-at-home mother (choice, not must ). I still feel that was the best choice for us a family, but because I quit, I don't really have any diploma's that jobs require. So after trying for three years, Husband and I decided last year I wasn't going to even try anymore and just really focus on being at home

My son is looking forward to it, he already went almost full time, but now I won't be able to keep him home without an excuse any more
I'm ready for it though

Superwoman
I just always knew it's what I wanted I would have gone for 6 children, but Husband was done after 2, I'm glad I got 3

Any idea in what direction you want to go as far as jobs go?
Old 08-20-2016, 02:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Oops, I missed you. Sadly, I don't get much computer access on the weekends, so I'm always in and out.

I can understand that. You have to do what's best for you and your family. The most important thing is that it works for you and you're happy with the life. I'm a little hesitant to get back into the workforce. My last job was soul-sucking and I don't want to go back to that. I'm just trying to find something that I won't mind doing for eight hours a day, five days a week. Does being a full-time stay-at-home mom keep you very busy, or do you find yourself with a lot of free time on your hands?

It sounds like he's good to go with his full-time status as a student in school. It's great that you're ready for it. I've heard that sometimes parents have a hard time letting go of their little ones. =p

That's a nice compromise. So your youngest child is a son. Which gender are the other two children?

I'm not sure. My last two jobs were customer service representative and medical office administrator. I liked certain aspects of both jobs so I'm hoping for something in that area.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

In general I don't get much computer time in the weekends either, I'm too busy with the family

But we're having a lazy Sunday today

I always think I have a lot of free time But between the household, helping out at school and always something coming up, I have less free time than I'd like to
But usually when the kids are at school, I'll do my rounds on in the mornings and then leave it open all day whilst doing the chores that need to be done.
It's really relaxed in Summer vacation time because the kids don't wear a lot due to the warm weather so I don't have as much laundry

The kids are Boy (7), Girl (6) and Boy (5). Oldest is having his birthday next month. The cliche is so freaking true, time goes by way too fast

I totally get about finding a job that you would want to do for so many hours. The diploma that I do have is for working as a secretary, but that's not something I would want to do at all.
I would want to do something with children; parenting consultant or social worker at a school or something like it.
But that would mean having to go back to school, which we simply can not afford

Any plans for today?
Old 08-21-2016, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's a good reason not to be online much during the weekends. You see, there is only one computer in my house, and I can't get access to it unless everyone finds something else to do. It almost never happens. =(

I love Sundays precisely for that reason. I just spend the day watching my shows and relaxing.

That's what I thought. You think that you'll be free to relax, but then you realize that there is something that needs your attention.

I usually come online in mid to late afternoon which is probably around 9 or 10 in your time zone. I look forward to the day we'll both be online at the same time.

That is definitely a bonus for you. It cuts down on your laundry, and who wouldn't be pleased about that? What's the weather like this summer for you? Is it hotter than normal or is it the usual type of weather?

You had three children in three years? Whoa! I hope they have close relationships. =) I get that. Time does zoom right by us. You think something is so far in the future, and then you blink and you're faced with that future.

I'm a very picky person with pretty much everything, so nothing really fits my high expectations for jobs. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that something catches my eye soon.

Any one of those jobs would be great to have. It seems like you've given it some serious thought. Time and/or money to go back to school and learn something new is always the deciding factor. It sounds like you're pretty cool with your life. Would you consider going back if money wasn't a issue, or maybe when your children are a little older?

Not really. I play basketball for about an hour. Then I get a massive headache because of it, and I spend a few hours trying to deal with it. Other than that, my Sundays are lazy. What about you? Did you have a good Sunday?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread