Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2016, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Well....your name does seem vaguely familiar. Wait a minute. Si, is that you? Wow, it's been a while. How are things?
Old 08-01-2016, 07:45 AM
Moderator Manager

You remember me!!!
Rocky I'm so sorry for being such a relapse friend and disappearing
Things are good... normal... working a lot. You?
Old 08-01-2016, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Aw, I'd never forget you. I was so unsure if I would be a good mod, but you helped squish the uncertainty that I had. You were the best co-mod that I could have had for my very first time in the position.

It's alright. I knew where to find you if I ever needed you.

That's good to hear. I'm trying to figure things out, so time is slowly ticking away.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Moderator Manager

Girl, you are an amazing mod, don't even doubt that. I was lucky to have you as a co-mod, and am happy that you've also enjoyed the time we modded together

Awesome! And you know to go look for me whenever and for whatever, right?

Ohh I hope you manage to figure things out quickly then
Old 08-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thank you, love. It was so much fun being your co-mod. You made my transition from poster to moderator effortless.

I know. You've said that your inbox is always open to anyone who needs you. That thought is always in the back of my mind. You're my go-to girl. I won't hesitate to drop a line if there is anything I need. I hope you know that my inbox is open too if you ever need it. =)

I hope so too. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'll have a better idea of what I want to do soon.
Old 08-06-2016, 01:25 PM
Moderator Manager

Awww

I'm happy to hear that you haven't forgotten that! And don't worry, I'll bother you whenever I need
Me too I'm sure you'll figure that one out soon

Hope you have a great weekend
Old 08-06-2016, 02:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It's impossible to forget. You've told me so time and time again. You can bother me whenever you want. You're on my exception list.

I'm giving it a month before I try something else.

You too. Just wondering, what do you think about the Olympics being in your home country? =)
Old 08-09-2016, 07:38 AM
Moderator Manager

I love being in the exception list

Good luck with that

Ohh man... Brazil was/is so not ready to host such an important event. I'm glad that the opening ceremony was a success... but overall I really think it was a mistake allowing the Olympics to be here.
Are you watching it?
Old 08-09-2016, 11:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I had a feeling you would say that. That is true. The Opening Ceremonies were beautiful. It was also fun to see Gustavo Kuerten carrying the torch into the ceremonies. I can't believe I forgot that he is Brazilian.

I'm mostly watching replays of events where Canada wins medals. Other than that, I browse through the channels to see if I find anything interesting.
Old 08-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh Gustavo Kuerten!! I love the guy!! He is so nice, and funny!! And he was so emotive because he got to carry the torch, it was adorable

I'm not much of a sports person.... but everybody at home is insane about it, so I ended up seeing one thing here and there.
Old 08-10-2016, 05:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I know! His smile could have lit up the stadium. I didn't even know it was him until the commentators said his name. Then I turned into a full-on fangirl. He still looks good. Unfortunately, I haven't seen how funny he is. I just remember his curly hair, his headbands, and the fact that he was ranked number one.

I guess it wouldn't be easy to ignore it if everyone at home is watching. I usually follow the Winter Olympics, but surprisingly, I've found myself sucked in with these Olympics. I'm just enjoying the successes of the Canadian athletes, and I love reading about/hearing some of the stories of the Games.

Last edited by rocky845; 08-11-2016 at 02:58 PM
Old 08-13-2016, 05:18 PM
Moderator Manager

Ohh he's like a star here in Brazil, so I've seen lots of interviews with him, and they showed the backstage of the celebration here, so I got to see him being all sentimental about carrying the torch and all. He's a sweetheart

I've seen a bit of Swimming, Gymnastics, Voley, Tennis, Judo... it's all being really interesting, and some amazing athletes!!!
Old 08-13-2016, 08:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I found a few videos of his matches on YouTube. They brought me back. Maybe when I have a little more time, I'll do a proper search and I'll see if I can find any interviews that I'll be able to understand. I've been doing some serious thinking since the Olympics started, and it occurs to me that I don't know that many past or present Brazilian celebrities. That's why I screamed to the high heavens when I saw Gustavo. I knew instantly who he was. Aw, that's so sweet! I can imagine what an honor it must have been for him to be asked to carry the torch.

I know! Like I said, I've been channel-surfing for the most part. Some of the events that I've found intriguing enough to watch have been so exciting! =p Which athletes have caught your eye?

Last edited by rocky845; 08-13-2016 at 08:31 PM
Old 08-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Moderator Manager

You shouldn't feel bad for not knowing Brazilian celebrities.. we have only a few that really reach stardom levels, so it's no surprise that most are only known here
I hope you get to find interviews with him

Simone Biles from gymnastics! She is incredible!!!
Also Phelps, of course ; Marta from our soccer team, Del Potro, Bolt...
Old 08-14-2016, 03:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I know, but the little-known celebrities are the people that tend to catch my eye. How popular is Rodrigo in Brazil anyway? I'll be on the hunt soon. I'm sure I'll find something good.

I've heard of those athletes but I haven't really gotten a chance to see them in action. I've kind of been in the Team Canada bubble. I'll try to catch glimpses of the athletes whose events are coming up.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread