Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2016, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I encourage you to go for it. Be proud of your creations.

Wow, you were really busy making graphics. I'm going to do some lurking to check them out.

That sounds healthy and delicious.

That's the way to do it. Sometimes a dish tastes better after a few days sitting in the refrigerator or on the dining room/coffee table.

No. I woke up today feeling funky. I've decided to try again tomorrow.

Last edited by rocky845; 09-09-2016 at 06:02 AM
Old 09-09-2016, 02:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I usually like my salads better after a day in the fridge

Well, I've kinda made the decision to open an art thread. As soon as I come up with a title

Feeling funky? Get out of that funk soon
Old 09-10-2016, 08:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Salads don't make it to day two in my house. We just love our salads too much to leave any leftovers.

I'm happy to hear that. Let me know when you open the thread. I'd love to see the graphics that you make.

I'm just not feeling well right now. I'm trying my best to get better.

How are things with you?
Old 09-10-2016, 11:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunday, Family Day Any plans for you?

Going to church now and then we're getting brother- and sister-in-law over to visit

I will do a proper round tonight
Old 09-11-2016, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Aw, that's nice! It's been a while since I've had a full-on Family Day. What did you do together? I played two basketball games within an hour of each other. It was Senior Girls vs Junior Girls. It was fun but exhausting.

It sounds like it really was a Family Day for you.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It's the only day in the week Husband is at home, so we usually just spend lazy days together. An outing here and there, but not on a regular basis

Did your team(s) win?
Old 09-12-2016, 10:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That makes sense. That's so sweet that you, your husband and your children make it a point to spend Sunday together.

We did win both games. I don't remember the specific scores, but I think there was a difference of at least twenty points in each of the games.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, that's a great win then

My sister moved to England for her Husband, she's coming to visit for two weeks next week I'm busy organizing stuff for when she gets here
Old 09-13-2016, 10:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Aw! It sounds like you're very excited for her visit. Has it been long since you last saw her?
Old 09-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Not that ridiculously long

Her first child was born 3 months ago and then I went over for a long weekend to visit. It was the first time I got on a plane and probably the last time as well
I get motion sickness everywhere; car, train, bus, boat. So I assumed I'd get it on a plane as well so I took motion sickness medication before we went. I didn't throw up, but I got really sick (didn't help that I had a vestibular infection two months prior to it happening either I guess). And then I had to walk off the plane, I almost just literally fell over, my legs couldn't carry me.
Also, I had been to England two times before, once by boat (medication helped perfectly fine for that) and once by train through the tunnel. Now the tunnel was no fun, no motion sickness, but really, bad ear pain.
So for the plane I bought special earplugs, but that didn't help. At all. My ears felt like they would pop. The pain didn't go away fully for at least a week after.
And that was only a 40 min. flight. I've always wanted to go to America, imagine how I'd do then Nope. Not gonna happen

Anyways....
She moved there 6 years ago. We usually see each other once a year, this year being the exception because I went there after my nephew was born
I am really excited to have her come over, but it's also always exhausting, because you want to spent as much time together as possible and we have a large family. So it's a lot of busy-ness.
Now I am highly sensitive myself, my senses get overload fairly quickly. If I have a busy weekend, I need at least 2 or 3 days of quiet after to "reset" my senses.
So having her over is great, wonderful, exciting, but also tiring and overload.

For example the first week. She arrives on Sunday.
On Monday I have to be at school for one of the teachers's birthdays, then I'm going shopping with my other Sister, for the BBQ we will have at our house Sunday with the entire family.
Tuesday is Oldest Son's birthday. So preparing for that all day, arranging treats for him to hand out in his class. Then the entire family (both sides) will come over for his birthday. Because Sister from England is only here for a short time, we decided that it the "designated" day she spends at out house
Wednesday I will have to clean up the mess from Tuesday. Wednesday evening we have church group (which he have every two weeks), I'm trying to be optimistic and thinking I'll go, but I'm assuming I won't. Because overload.
Thursday during the day I'm 'free to myself', but then in the evening Husband will be gone with his brothers, which means I'll be alone with all three of them.
Friday we're going to do a dinner picnic in the forest with Sister from England and a walk. Saturday we don't have any plans, but still isn't down-time, because Husband works every Saturday as well.
And then Sunday we're going to the zoo with the entire family and then have a BBQ at our house.
Great, fun plans, but the idea alone is overwhelming already. Doesn't help that two of our kids are also high sensitive, so I'll have to calculate various meltdowns in as well. Tight schedules

I might not have chosen all the right words to explain since English is not my native language, I hope you understood all of it fine And props if you read all of that, it's quite the story

Do you have any siblings? Are you close?
Old 09-16-2016, 12:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^

That's quite a story. You put yourself through all that to see your sister and nephew? You're a good sister and aunt. Have you spoken to your doctor about other options to combat the motion sickness?

I hope the visit goes well. I can imagine how crazy (both good and bad) it's going to be for you. I would hope that you'll make sure that you're taking good care of yourself while you're trying to balance your routine with her visit. It sounds like you've planned out everything during the visit. I wish you luck in keeping to the schedule.

I understood your story just fine. And don't worry about the length. Like I said in the other thread, I love long posts. The longer the better.

I have one brother, and we're as close as we can be living in different houses. He got married a few years ago, and he's so busy with life that I don't see or talk to him that much anymore.
Old 09-16-2016, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, if I had known before hand that it would effect me that much physically, I wouldn't have done it, no matter how much I love my sister

I could go to the doctor I guess, but for other ways of transportation I am good if I just take the medicine before hand So no need for me really

Well, I've scheduled in downtime for myself, but that means I didn't/couldn't schedule in cleaning my house time It'll be on hold for two weeks

That sucks, not seeing your brother as much
I'm very close with my oldest sister, we literally call everyday and I see her at least every two weeks. But I'm nowhere near as close with my other 4 siblings

Any plans for the weekend?
Old 09-17-2016, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I know I don't know either of you yet but reading these posts I can see you are both family orientated people as am I!

I have only been on a plane once last year and going there was OK but coming back wasn't so good I just felt sick! I am going to America next year so hopefully will find a way to combat the nausea!

Brienna you did amazingly well to get to England after al of that! I live in England, where abouts did you visit?

rocky845 it is a shame as we grow up and family have their new lives that we grow apart a little as there never seems enough time to catch up! I know I go weeks sometimes not talking to my sister not through choice just that we are all so busy!
Old 09-18-2016, 04:46 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey Emma!

In case you haven't noticed yet, I've mentioned your name in most topics now, making sure I won't forget

My sister lives in Lancaster, we've also been to Blackpool

Church service this morning was great! BBQ with the in-laws in 2 hours
Old 09-18-2016, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

That's cool

I am more in the East Coast

Have fun at the BBQ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread