Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2005, 02:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

So true, Anja! The only simiarity I can find is that both Ryan and Will feel they have to prove something to belong in their new worlds... Will felt he had to cheat to get into the school whereas Ryan felt he had to be on his best behaviour so the Cohens wouldn't abandon him, cooking breakfast for example.

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 10-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Loyal Fan

Anyone ever read Hanakimi (also known as Hanazakari No Kimitachi E)? It's a Japanese manga, I think it translates as "for you in full blossom". It's an awesome manga. It's about this American (born to Japanese parents) girl named Mizuki, who is totally obsessed with this Japanese high-jumper named Sano since she was fourteen. And now that she's seventeen she decides she has to go meet him. The only problem? He goes to an all-boys boarding school. So she cuts her hair and binds her breasts and goes off to Japan to enroll in this school. And of course they become roommates and fall completely heads over heels in love. He finds out she's a girl from the start, but she doesn't know that, and doesn't tell him until like the 21 volume... it's a really wacky, really funny, beautifully drawn manga, with all kind of funny moments like this other guy names Nakatsu who falls in love with her and chases her all through the manga convinced he's gay...

Anyway, it (obviously) reminds me a lot of YA. Although I must say I prefer Jake to Mizuki...

Only dead fish go with the flow
Old 10-07-2007, 06:55 AM
Elite Fan

I hadn`t heard of that manga yet (I mostly only read shonen-ai stuff ), but that story sure sounds YA-inspired! So do they get together before she finds out he already knows she's a girl? That could be quite amusing.
Old 10-07-2007, 07:19 AM
Master Fan

That sounds like an interesting manga. I'll try to search for it on the net, try to find me a soft copy.
Old 10-07-2007, 10:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolkenfuehlen (View Post)
I hadn`t heard of that manga yet (I mostly only read shonen-ai stuff ), but that story sure sounds YA-inspired! So do they get together before she finds out he already knows she's a girl? That could be quite amusing.
I read mostly shounen ai too but I'm a sucker for girl-dresses-as-boy stories! The whole story is tremendously funny, and for the last ten volumes he tries to hint he knows she's a girl but she just doesn't get it. And then she buys him chocolate for valentines and he takes it and takes her hand and she's like "does this mean he's gay?" and he's like "shut up". And then they kiss and she tells him and he's like "I've known for the last year, dummy".

Old 10-08-2007, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_Lily (View Post)
I read mostly shounen ai too
Hehe. I like you more and more each day.

The story sounds so cute! I'll have to ask around if any of my manga-crazy friends have it.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:35 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Hehe. I like you more and more each day.

The story sounds so cute! I'll have to ask around if any of my manga-crazy friends have it.
Thank you!

I think you can order the translated manga from Amazon (mine is in Japanese).

Old 10-09-2007, 05:42 AM
Master Fan

The story sounds so cute! I'm not really a mangga fun but I'm sure I'll enjoy that one.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:17 AM
Loyal Fan

I recently watched a korean series, it reminded me of JakeHam, the title is coffee prince...very reminiscent of YA in terms of Jake & Ham's relationship. You can watched it from youtube if you want.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou (View Post)
I recently watched a korean series, it reminded me of JakeHam, the title is coffee prince...very reminiscent of YA in terms of Jake & Ham's relationship. You can watched it from youtube if you want.
Does have a girl pretending to be a boy in it too? If so, I'll have to see it!

Old 10-31-2007, 05:02 AM
Elite Fan

Lynne! It's been a while!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dareyou (View Post)
Reminiscent how? Because I gotta agree with Karen, if there's a girl pretending to be a boy I would definitely be interested!
Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 AM
Master Fan

Anja: I'm sure you meant Lil. ^^^

Yeah, if it has a girl pretending to be a boy, I would love to see it too!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Lynne! It's been a while!
yah, found other people to stalk beside Jake and Hamilton, but then you can never really forget your first love...

Quote:
Reminiscent how? Because I gotta agree with Karen, if there's a girl pretending to be a boy I would definitely be interested!
Definitely there's a girl pretending to be a boy...boy getting confuse...boy attracted to the girl, who's pretending to be boy...boy jealous...boy falling for the girl...the whole nine yards, I guess, plus more...Oh, oh, before I forget...boy kisses the girl even though he knows that she is a he, and telling her that he doesn't care...It's a bit long though 17 episodes but totally worth it.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:24 AM
Master Fan

Oh my, that is so Jake and Hamilton!

Please tell us the title!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Loyal Fan

Karen, she said earlier it was called Coffee Prince...

Lynne, thank you for telling us about that show! I'm definitely going to watch it. Like Now. Youtube, you say? Well, I'm off to watch