Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Master Fan

Hmmm... I don't know who Theresa is cause we haven't seen those epis yet but I can see some similarities betwenn The O.C. and YA and DC-YA. However I cannot find any couple or story like the Jake/Hamilton in any tv show maybe in a few movies, let me think about it.
Old 09-26-2004, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

I never made the connection between Y.A. and The O.C. But I do love the character of Ryan like I loved Will.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 09-26-2004, 09:40 PM
Master Fan

Jake and Hamilton are special and non-formulaic, which is probably why they have so many devoted fans...

fics | vids | stupid little life
Old 09-27-2004, 08:59 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

jakeandhamilton fell in love, we saw, and they conquered...i'm under the jahammer spell...and i love it...
Old 09-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Silversun
Jake and Hamilton are special and non-formulaic, which is probably why they have so many devoted fans...
Exactly. You normally have the girl next door, the thoughtful guy, and the bad boy, but there isn't any show that has another Jake and Hamilton. They're totally unique.
Old 09-28-2004, 12:41 AM
Master Fan

Well, Hamilton is the 'alternative' guy, and some shows have that; but no one else has Jake... I think.

Old 09-28-2004, 08:09 AM
nki
Absolute Fan

:ya_jake: definitely one of a kind
Old 10-09-2004, 06:14 AM
Loyal Fan

YA storyline is not really that original...

But could I just say chemistry ...

That was something no one could copy or at least uncomparable...
Old 10-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
YA storyline is not really that original...
You think? I actually think it was very original. Brother and sister falling in love with each other, a girl who dresses up as a boy and falls in love with another boy who now thinks he's gay...I don't think these storylines were explored a lot on other shows.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wolkenfuehlen
You think? I actually think it was very original. Brother and sister falling in love with each other, a girl who dresses up as a boy and falls in love with another boy who now thinks he's gay...
The brother-sister falling inlove, it has been explored before. It was an Asian Soap Opera (I think it was Korean – entitled Winter Sonata? – I’m not sure). The story is really good but it was really long – 20 hours or so, plus you have to read the whole conversation while watching. I have to contact my friend who is the Asian buff to know the title for sure, she’s my link to all Asian subtitled movies/shows/anime.

A girl posing a boy -- Okay, maybe in a TV show it was original but not in teen romance pocketbooks. I remember the story, it was a girl wanting to get a scholarship but it was being offered to an all boys’ school, so she posed as a boy and falls inlove with her roommate. The story is not well written so I can’t remember the title and author.

Pardon my memory but it was years ago, my interest is pretty much different then.

Ooooh, the whole “Throwing Caution to the Wind” scene that is original…I think
Old 10-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Well said!

Quote:
Originally posted by dareyou
But could I just say chemistry ...
That was something no one could copy or at least uncomparable...
Old 10-10-2004, 09:55 PM
Master Fan

I think you can't really get originality in fiction anymore. I mean, even Shakespeare borrowed plot ideas, didn't he? There are only so many events that you could spin a potential tale out of without intervention of the supernatural.

Although these storylines have been explored before in other forums, I think YA was still quite original in terms of teen American shows. This incest thing in particular was quite courageous, especially considering in the original script Bella and Scout slept together.

Old 10-11-2004, 03:57 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
This incest thing in particular was quite courageous, especially considering in the original script Bella and Scout slept together.
I didn't know that...

I learn something old everyday...

Gotta love Fan Forum

Last edited by dareyou; 10-14-2004 at 01:56 AM
Old 10-11-2004, 12:46 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Although these storylines have been explored before in other forums, I think YA was still quite original in terms of teen American shows. This incest thing in particular was quite courageous, especially considering in the original script Bella and Scout slept together.
Oh, I remember someone (you?) talked about it a while ago. Though I don't think there's any proof in the pilot that they didn't not sleep with each other, at least the directors/producers were on the safe side by not showing them slowly walking towards the bed as the scene fades out.
Old 10-11-2004, 09:28 PM
Master Fan

That is true... but wouldn't they have looked at each other with more horror and disgust and squickiness if they had slept together and then found out? I dunno... the way they behaved after they found out, they just seemed upset, and not 'Oh my god, I slept with my brother' type of upset.