Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren60 (View Post)
Too bad the final tally had Blake in the lead!
You know, it did...but...Allen Leech changed his vote to Napier and they didn't take away his vote for Blake. They just added a column for Napier!
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 02-21-2014, 03:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
You know, it did...but...Allen Leech changed his vote to Napier and they didn't take away his vote for Blake. They just added a column for Napier!
That is also true hehehe.

And Lord Grantham gets multiple votes by default because he's lord of the manor soooo...

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

The video is blocked outside the US now, aw. Glad I caught it once before that happened.

I loved Hugh's reminder that nothing is set in stone yet -- and of course Allen rooting for Evelyn. How nice to know he isn't forgotten though he's the odd man out to most people.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 PM
Dedicated Fan

Getting back to the script books, I think it's sad how in a sense they both were under the impression that they weren't good enough for the other. Which, in a sense, reminds me slightly of Matthew and Mary and how the years of misunderstanding and stubbornness kept them apart.

In this case, Evelyn thought that he was doing right by Mary by stepping back, which he was, but at the same time it led her to think that it was because of Pamuk.

Can you tell I'm not over the garden scene? It's so weighty and there's more behind it than I've seen since a Mary/Matthew scene.

It's that quiet but overwhelming and unmistakeable longing--Brendan is really good at acting through his eyes ( Michelle too ), and so was Dan. And I think after Evelyn said that-basically that he didn't think any less of her--she couldn't even look at him because it hit too close to home.

There could even be a smidge of resentment that she's only finding this out now. After literally ten years. And possibly guilt because again Matthew "fills her brain".

Old 02-21-2014, 07:19 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
I *LOVE* that even the actors are rooting for Evelyn.
Can someone please transcribe what Hugh and Allen say in the video that was posted? It's been geo-blocked, I can't watch it in Canada..

Thank you!!
Old 02-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkygirl (View Post)
Can someone please transcribe what Hugh and Allen say in the video that was posted? It's been geo-blocked, I can't watch it in Canada..

Thank you!!
"I'm gonna throw a curveball and go with Napier, the man who came back. It's a long shot, but I like my odds. I'm gonna go with Napier and then Blake." - Allen

"What if there's a third person who's coming over the horizon? Think about that. Or someone we've already met who's in the mix. DUN DUN DUN." - Hugh

Old 02-22-2014, 02:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
"I'm gonna throw a curveball and go with Napier, the man who came back. It's a long shot, but I like my odds. I'm gonna go with Napier and then Blake." - Allen

"What if there's a third person who's coming over the horizon? Think about that. Or someone we've already met who's in the mix. DUN DUN DUN." - Hugh
HUMMM Interesting! Thank you!
Old 02-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
HUMMM Interesting! Thank you!
No problem. It just about made my day!

Old 02-23-2014, 01:20 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqikUOoRAw
What was that about Evelyn not being an option?

From Hugh and Allen!
This video is blocked in my country.

Quote:

Bless Allen & Hugh. I hope it's not just fan service though.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Why even mention him in the CS if that was the case? Why have Mary of all people mention him in direct regard to her future?

I think she's playing the other two and waiting for him to make a move, but he's not the type that believes in games like that.

Old 02-23-2014, 08:38 AM
New Fan

One thing that makes me wonder..

I know that BP is talking about this other show a lot.. Mr Sloane?

If he's featured in this new show more, it makes me question how much we will be seeing of Evelyn... Depending on the filming schedule of course..
Old 02-23-2014, 10:25 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:

If he's featured in this new show more, it makes me question how much we will be seeing of Evelyn... Depending on the filming schedule of course..
Question--does this count as spoiler/speculation? Because in that case we should continue this discussion elsewhere.

Old 02-23-2014, 10:41 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Question--does this count as spoiler/speculation? Because in that case we should continue this discussion elsewhere.
Sorry bout that.. didn't realize it counted as spoiler.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

Mr Sloane filmed last year in the fall. It didn't conflict with Downton. And they spent about 40 days shooting the whole first series, which is quick compared to DA. (There's only about 6 thirty-minute episodes.) It will premiere on Sky in a few weeks, so there is no news yet on whether it will be picked up for a second year, but if it does I'm thinking they will continue with a similar schedule as last time. Don't worry too much about it.
Sorry if this counts as a spoiler-y discussion but I didn't want to leave your question hanging.
Old 02-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
Mr Sloane filmed last year in the fall. It didn't conflict with Downton. And they spent about 40 days shooting the whole first series, which is quick compared to DA. (There's only about 6 thirty-minute episodes.) It will premiere on Sky in a few weeks, so there is no news yet on whether it will be picked up for a second year, but if it does I'm thinking they will continue with a similar schedule as last time. Don't worry too much about it.
Sorry if this counts as a spoiler-y discussion but I didn't want to leave your question hanging.
There's a preview clip here, Brendan appears about 2.40 in -

Mr. Sloane, First Scene, Sky Atlantic (Sky First Episodes) - YouTube