View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 06:52 PM
lassothemoon
Dedicated Fan

Getting back to the script books, I think it's sad how in a sense they both were under the impression that they weren't good enough for the other. Which, in a sense, reminds me slightly of Matthew and Mary and how the years of misunderstanding and stubbornness kept them apart.

In this case, Evelyn thought that he was doing right by Mary by stepping back, which he was, but at the same time it led her to think that it was because of Pamuk.

Can you tell I'm not over the garden scene? It's so weighty and there's more behind it than I've seen since a Mary/Matthew scene.

It's that quiet but overwhelming and unmistakeable longing--Brendan is really good at acting through his eyes ( Michelle too ), and so was Dan. And I think after Evelyn said that-basically that he didn't think any less of her--she couldn't even look at him because it hit too close to home.

There could even be a smidge of resentment that she's only finding this out now. After literally ten years. And possibly guilt because again Matthew "fills her brain".

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.