Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 03:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
Thanks everyone! I also made a Flake (Foyle/Blake) video...and that's totes relevant to this thread because it leaves Evelyn the last man standing, right?

An old version of that Mary/Evelyn vid used to be on YouTube, but it had...issues.

I have an idea for another Mary/Evelyn vid with a Dashboard Confessional song that I want to make, too, but I couldn't resist doing the crack ship ones!
LOL. That video made me laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
Oh, I meant that I hope it's not a repeat of the Lavinia scene. That was one of my favorite parts and I don't want anyone to touch it, not even JF. Imo it would be a disservice to his own creation, and to the audience who love Matthew, Lavinia, Mary and Evelyn, if he just recycled it. Mary seeing Evelyn again should be an equally beautiful moment but it needs to be unique. No?

Thanks for the timeline details! For some reason I was hellbent on assuming episode 8 was in the springtime. Makes sense now.

@ajblondie FLAKE omg I'm dying. Can't say no to that.

Yeah! I noticed the shaking hands too. Like he's trying to process her reaction as much as we are, and a hundred nervous thoughts are running through his head. Brendan probably has a habit of fidgeting with his hands anyway, because of his magic stuff, but I love that it's become a part of Evelyn as well. And Michelle is just fantastic. I wonder how many episode scripts they had received at that point, and what was the stage direction, because the face she pulls is wonderfully layered. Can't wait to see how it plays out in retrospect after the CS.

Just a few weeks left, you guys.
Oh, you're welcome! Good point about Lavina/Mary/Matthew. Sorry I misunderstood you, I missed that "won't" in your post.

Yes, Evelyn's shaking of his hands shows how nervous he is. It's so endearing. And Mary's face can be read in different ways I suppose. It could be that she's uncomfortable and doesn't want to hurt him because she doesn't feel the same way but also kind of shocked as well.

So, I just read the article below. Just a heads up they contain spoilers for the CS.

Downton or Darcy? Let the battle begin! Cool Mary faces off against prim Lizzie in clash of the Christmas TV titans | Mail Online

What are your thoughts?
Spoiler:

EDIT: oops I posted twice. That wasn't my intention. How do I correct that mistake?

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-01-2013 at 03:23 PM
Old 12-01-2013, 03:23 PM
Dedicated Fan

Spoiler:

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 12-01-2013, 03:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-01-2013 at 03:38 PM
Old 12-01-2013, 04:57 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Spoiler:
*fingers crossed* I'm really hoping it's him, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
LOL. That video made me laugh.
Quote:
@ajblondie FLAKE omg I'm dying. Can't say no to that.
Thanks!

Quote:
Just a few weeks left, you guys.
Yes! So close! (And then several months without...trying not to think of that!)

Aaaaannd I made another Mary/Evelyn vid. (HERE) And that's the last one for now because I've made THREE Downton fanvids in the last 24 hours and my house totally looks like I've neglected it!
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-01-2013, 05:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
*fingers crossed* I'm really hoping it's him, guys.

Thanks!

Yes! So close! (And then several months without...trying not to think of that!)

Aaaaannd I made another Mary/Evelyn vid. (HERE) And that's the last one for now because I've made THREE Downton fanvids in the last 24 hours and my house totally looks like I've neglected it!
I'm still confident it is, keep the faith!

Nice video, hahaha I loved Violet's quote!

Old 12-01-2013, 07:38 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I'm still confident it is, keep the faith!

Nice video, hahaha I loved Violet's quote!
What makes you so confident that it's Evelyn? I need another refresher here.. LOL

I never saw the final episode, and to be honest it's a struggle to get through them now, *I just don't LOVE IT like I used to, does that make sense?* Who were the two suitors Mary walked into the sunset with again? Was Evelyn one of them or not?

And do we know which suitors are coming back for S5 yet?? Sorry for asking 'repeat' questions it's been a strange couple of weeks...
Old 12-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkygirl (View Post)
What makes you so confident that it's Evelyn? I need another refresher here.. LOL

I never saw the final episode, and to be honest it's a struggle to get through them now, *I just don't LOVE IT like I used to, does that make sense?* Who were the two suitors Mary walked into the sunset with again? Was Evelyn one of them or not?

And do we know which suitors are coming back for S5 yet?? Sorry for asking 'repeat' questions it's been a strange couple of weeks...
Everything that's been said here.

Blake and Gillingham.

Nothing yet.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:41 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Everything that's been said here.

Blake and Gillingham.

Nothing yet.
Ok, I don't like the thought of her walking into the sunset with those two... Especially Gingerbread. Don't Trust Him. He's WAY too pushy...

Blake, I hardly feel like I know anything about him. What I do know about him, I don't like.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 AM
Moderator Manager

*resists that spoiler link*

Quote:
Thanks for sharing this.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
*resists that spoiler link*

Thanks for sharing this.
x2 thanks for the vid, always much appreciated during the Downton drought!

I just watched another vid and I imagined this song running through Evelyn's head any time he sees Mary. She's so Lovely - Scouting For Girls (With Lyrics) - YouTube
Old 12-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
x2 thanks for the vid, always much appreciated during the Downton drought!

I just watched another vid and I imagined this song running through Evelyn's head any time he sees Mary. She's so Lovely - Scouting For Girls (With Lyrics) - YouTube
Awww yeah, that song totally fits!

Old 12-02-2013, 06:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

So...I saw something on another board that made me think of this...

There's a lot of talk from Blake-shippers (a lot of whom just jumped on the bandwagon after the pig scene, but that's beside the point) that Evelyn was only brought back into the story to introduce Blake and/or enhance the Blake storyline.

But what if it's the other way around?

The fact that Blake is Evelyn's boss, and that Evelyn has been working with him, actually says a lot of really good things about Evelyn. Like how he isn't afraid to work, that he has some practical skills, and has connections across class lines. What if Blake was brought into the story for the sole purpose of bringing those aspects of Evelyn to the forefront?
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-02-2013, 08:10 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So...I saw something on another board that made me think of this...

There's a lot of talk from Blake-shippers (a lot of whom just jumped on the bandwagon after the pig scene, but that's beside the point) that Evelyn was only brought back into the story to introduce Blake and/or enhance the Blake storyline.

But what if it's the other way around?

The fact that Blake is Evelyn's boss, and that Evelyn has been working with him, actually says a lot of really good things about Evelyn. Like how he isn't afraid to work, that he has some practical skills, and has connections across class lines. What if Blake was brought into the story for the sole purpose of bringing those aspects of Evelyn to the forefront?
That's a good point! And his driving his car without a chauffeur ( or a man, where was his valet?! ). And even that it was specifically landed estates that he was studying, which made me immediately think of Matthew and how he was about modernizing Downton.

GAAAAH this is making me so excited, I think we're onto something and that's why tptb are so clammed up!

Old 12-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Plot device? Well, I wouldn't count that out but I would have loved to see Evelyn with the pigs instead of Blake perhaps.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-03-2013, 05:31 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
Lovely! Thanks for sharing.

Plot device? Well, I wouldn't count that out but I would have loved to see Evelyn with the pigs instead of Blake perhaps.
The pig scene was needed to show Blake wasn't a bad guy, which we already knew about Evelyn. I would have liked it too but the best is yet to come...

I also think the reason why he went off to see a friend was because he didn't want to make things awkward for her after the near confession.

EDIT: I think I know what I'm gonna do for my next video. It's a song by Maroon 5 ^^

Last edited by lassothemoon; 12-03-2013 at 09:17 AM