Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2013, 11:38 AM
Part-Time Fan

The lovelies (Mary & Evelyn) #2 -- Who wants an old sea monster when you can have Perseus?

Welcome to the 2nd
Evelyn ღ Mary
Appreciation thread

Fan videos

Fanficiton
Anything written by Lasso the Moon

Supporters
1. Famu
2. quaist
3. ajblondie17
4. lassothemoon
5. L i N d $ @ y
6. hlgreenie
7. Sana81
8. Rastapopoulos
9. pio231
10. maybeitis
11. ediedoyle

Why ship it?
1. He has high hopes for the institution.
2. He wants to marry for love.
3. He showed loyalty after being rejected when he did not speak a word of her affair with Pamuk.
4. He cares what she thinks of him.
5. He pursues her after 10 years from his initial attempt
6. Violet told Mary to choose either life or death. Evelyn's name means life.
7. Her face brightened when Evelyn came to visit.
8. She encouraged him to stay over, so she could see more of him.
9. He drives a Fiat.
10. He spoke against his boss in her defense.
11. They share similar views to love:
"I believe that marriage should be based on love, at least at the start." Evelyn
"Shouldn't there be some mention of love?" - Mary after Carlisle's proposal.
12. He knows about the Pamuk affair but doesn't care.
13. He can still call her Mary, of course.
14. She kissed his cheek. Immediately.
15. Because he suddenly thought "Why not take a chance?"
16. Because she's so glad he did.
17. He didn't want to bring Blake to stay at her home.
18. He's blind where she's concerned.
19. She's welcome to take charge of him.
20. She likes to take charge.
21. He reached out to Downton during the war.
22. JF can play this off as if it was intended all along and not just trying to throw something together after Dan Stevens left.
23. Because...FIDGET!!!
24. Who wants an old sea monster when you can have Perseus?
25. She was in his thoughts a great deal.
26. The first time we ever seen Evelyn on screen, he rides in on a white horse.
27. Because they're both such fidgety babies.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus

Last edited by ajblondie17; 12-15-2013 at 11:27 PM
Old 11-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hehehe PERSEUS!

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks so much for setting up this new thread. I noticed my name wasn't on the list of supporters, can someone add me to the list please?
Old 11-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Part-Time Fan

You've been added. I've probably missed some others, too, since I just copied the previous list.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 11-20-2013, 03:58 PM
Addicted Fan

cool, thanks for that . I like the gifs of Evelyn and Mary, it was quite cute when Evelyn got a bit tongue-tied seeing Mary again and wasn't sure what to say to her but she didn't seem to mind and looked so glad to see him again. Sail on Marvlyn
Old 11-20-2013, 05:27 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
cool, thanks for that . I like the gifs of Evelyn and Mary, it was quite cute when Evelyn got a bit tongue-tied seeing Mary again and wasn't sure what to say to her but she didn't seem to mind and looked so glad to see him again. Sail on Marvlyn
I love that she has to press him into saying something about his feelings--he's been walking on eggshells from the moment he showed up.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:09 AM
Moderator Manager

TFTNT!

Love this!

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-21-2013, 01:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks!

I love how they look together in that pic. And Mary's dress in that scene is a work of art. I seriously want one just like it!

#TeamPerseus
Old 11-21-2013, 04:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
Thanks!

I love how they look together in that pic. And Mary's dress in that scene is a work of art. I seriously want one just like it!
Yes, they look good together, don't they? When I saw that scene of them talking together in front of the fireplace about Blake, I could totally picture them as husband and wife.

I love Mary's dress too. Very pretty!
Old 11-21-2013, 05:07 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
I love that she has to press him into saying something about his feelings--he's been walking on eggshells from the moment he showed up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
it was quite cute when Evelyn got a bit tongue-tied seeing Mary again and wasn't sure what to say to her but she didn't seem to mind and looked so glad to see him again.
Evelyn is a classic introvert. "Walking on eggshells" is spot on -- who's willing to bet he rehearses scenarios in his head before walking into a room with Mary? He's very aware of her situation and grief, and is afraid doing the wrong thing (as opposed to doing nothing) will ruin his chances forever. Being an introvert myself I find it endearing, romantic even, that he is so careful. Sadly, to a lot of people it probably comes across as weak.

Anyway I love those first scenes in the library because his eyes say everything about the amount of courage he needed to come see her again. It's so sweet. You can see that her every smile is like a string he can draw hope from. Then she starts ignoring him again after Charles and Tony arrive! Aargh. Handsome little devils, those boys are.

Last edited by ediedoyle; 11-21-2013 at 05:24 AM
Old 11-21-2013, 05:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
Evelyn is a classic introvert. "Walking on eggshells" is spot on -- who's willing to bet he rehearses scenarios in his head before walking into a room with Mary? He's very aware of her situation and grief, and is afraid doing the wrong thing (as opposed to doing nothing) will ruin his chances forever. Being an introvert myself I find it endearing, romantic even, that he is so careful. Sadly, to a lot of people it probably comes across as weak.

Anyway I love those first scenes in the library because his eyes say everything about the amount of courage he needed to come see her again. It's so sweet. You can see that her every smile is like a string he can draw hope from. Then she starts ignoring him again after Charles and Tony arrive! Aargh. Handsome little devils, those boys are.
Same--and as such I understand exactly where he's coming from. I think at this point that carefulness is what's needed. It differentiates him from the others, which is important.

And they do look fantastic together--regal, even. The Viscount and Viscountess Branksome.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
And they do look fantastic together--regal, even. The Viscount and Viscountess Branksome.
Absolutely!

He is very much an introvert. She's generally reserved with her feelings, but still more of an extrovert. I'm an introvert (like, times 1000) and my husband is an extrovert, which can be incredibly maddening(!) at times, but is also very, very useful because we get a variety of perspectives that way.

#TeamPerseus
Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
Absolutely!

He is very much an introvert. She's generally reserved with her feelings, but still more of an extrovert. I'm an introvert (like, times 1000) and my husband is an extrovert, which can be incredibly maddening(!) at times, but is also very, very useful because we get a variety of perspectives that way.
That's why I do think it's a challenge for both of them--Mary's not open open with her feelings especially but she's definitely more outspoken than he is, just in general. Watching them sort of learn how to live with their differing personalities would be exciting to watch.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:04 PM
Moderator Manager

Everytime I see that pic I always think how lovely (pardon the excessive use) they look together.

x

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-22-2013, 05:28 AM
Dedicated Fan

They're soooo photogenic together it's ridiculous.