Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Very swoon-worthy!

Also, I updated a previous Evelyn/Mary video of mine: https://vimeo.com/80696224.

I also made an Evelyn/Cora video for kicks and I can't.stop.giggling. (That one's still uploading.)
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus

Last edited by ajblondie17; 11-30-2013 at 09:10 PM
Old 12-01-2013, 01:50 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblondie17 (View Post)
Oh wow. That was terrible! But his pig outburst *would* make an amazing mash up vid. Fun find!

Edited to add this:

O2 Money card - YouTube

^^^This is a credit card ad with Brendan Patricks showing off his magic skills.
O2 Money Cash Manager advert - YouTube
^^The UK version of the magic ad has better music

Lol Blandings was so weird. Wasn't Sir Anthony Strallan in there somewhere too, or am I remembering something else? XD
Brendan is also in a play all this month, by the way, at the Hampstead in London. A historical drama about India. The theater tweeted about it when the DA S4 finale was airing. He seems to have a minor role, but the synopsis was interesting and I happen to think Brendan's a good dramatic actor. He should try for a more serious role on film sometime. Such a shrewd move from his agent in sending him off to the Downton auditions.

Anyhoo...I risk taking this thread too far off topic.

As for the CS where are we getting the 7 months timeline from? I wonder if Evelyn went into full retreat and Rose's ball will be the first time Mary sees him again after all those months. If so I hope it won't be a repeat of the scene where Mary meets Lavinia in S2, because that was so beautifully done.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:00 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
Lol Blandings was so weird. Wasn't Sir Anthony Strallan in there somewhere too, or am I remembering something else? XD
Yes, he's in it, too. There's a scene where the two of them are looking at the pigs together. Which makes it extra Downton hilarious.
The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice-versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-01-2013, 04:03 AM
Moderator Manager

Thanks for sharing all your E/M vids. Keep them coming!

Give me a few days to catch-up with the talk here.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:08 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Very swoon-worthy!

Also, I updated a previous Evelyn/Mary video of mine: https://vimeo.com/80696224.

I also made an Evelyn/Cora video for kicks and I can't.stop.giggling. (That one's still uploading.)
Love it! But didn't you put this on YouTube also? I remember seeing it on there. Anyway thanks for making it, I'm enjoying watching them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediedoyle (View Post)
O2 Money Cash Manager advert - YouTube
^^The UK version of the magic ad has better music

Brendan is also in a play all this month, by the way, at the Hampstead in London. A historical drama about India. The theater tweeted about it when the DA S4 finale was airing. He seems to have a minor role, but the synopsis was interesting and I happen to think Brendan's a good dramatic actor. He should try for a more serious role on film sometime. Such a shrewd move from his agent in sending him off to the Downton auditions.

Anyhoo...I risk taking this thread too far off topic.

As for the CS where are we getting the 7 months timeline from? I wonder if Evelyn went into full retreat and Rose's ball will be the first time Mary sees him again after all those months. If so I hope it won't be a repeat of the scene where Mary meets Lavinia in S2, because that was so beautifully done.
Edie, the CS is apparently set in the spring/summer of 1923. 4x08 takes place during July/August 1922.

2013 Christmas Special - Downton Abbey Wiki
Episode 4.08 - Downton Abbey Wiki

EDIT: What's more, Robert says to Violet in 4x08 that Martha (Cora's mum) wants to bring Harold (Cora's brother) over "next summer" for Rose's coming out ball and we know that
Spoiler:
Here are some pictures of the CS. Judging by that Anna and Bates picture, it is clearly spring/summer.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/6e05dd112...6w5o3_1280.jpg

Anyway whether it is 7 (or more/less) months later, quite some time will have passed, which I think is significant.

And yes, Anthony Strallan (the actor's name escapes me atm) is in Blandings too. He plays the judge whose pig is also in the competition.

Yeah a repeat of that scene of Mary/Matthew/Lavinia would be great with Mary/Evelyn.

Last edited by Rastapopoulos; 12-01-2013 at 09:12 AM
Old 12-01-2013, 09:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Very swoon-worthy!

Lol, that Cora/Evelyn vid seriously cracked me up! Nice job on the vid AJ!
Old 12-01-2013, 10:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pio231 (View Post)
Lol, that Cora/Evelyn vid seriously cracked me up! Nice job on the vid AJ!
LOL That was amazing!

Robert Bahurst or Balhurst I think his name is. And yes, Brendan's great! I think they're aware of that, which is why we'll see more of him. I was rewatching scenes for my videos--and did you see how his hands were shaking when his back was turned after Mary told him they should go inside ( not to mention the look on her face--idk if it was shocked or conflicted or what but there was something there ). I love both of their acting for like the little things they do that you wouldn't necessarily notice the first time. And they do have great chemistry.

"And you think I should choose life?"
Evelyn = In Hebrew the meaning of the name Evelyn is: Life.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks everyone! I also made a Flake (Foyle/Blake) video...and that's totes relevant to this thread because it leaves Evelyn the last man standing, right?

An old version of that Mary/Evelyn vid used to be on YouTube, but it had...issues.

I have an idea for another Mary/Evelyn vid with a Dashboard Confessional song that I want to make, too, but I couldn't resist doing the crack ship ones!

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-01-2013, 12:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos (View Post)
Yeah a repeat of that scene of Mary/Matthew/Lavinia would be great with Mary/Evelyn.
Oh, I meant that I hope it's not a repeat of the Lavinia scene. That was one of my favorite parts and I don't want anyone to touch it, not even JF. Imo it would be a disservice to his own creation, and to the audience who love Matthew, Lavinia, Mary and Evelyn, if he just recycled it. Mary seeing Evelyn again should be an equally beautiful moment but it needs to be unique. No?

Thanks for the timeline details! For some reason I was hellbent on assuming episode 8 was in the springtime. Makes sense now.

@ajblondie FLAKE omg I'm dying. Can't say no to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
LOL That was amazing!

Robert Bahurst or Balhurst I think his name is. And yes, Brendan's great! I think they're aware of that, which is why we'll see more of him. I was rewatching scenes for my videos--and did you see how his hands were shaking when his back was turned after Mary told him they should go inside ( not to mention the look on her face--idk if it was shocked or conflicted or what but there was something there ). I love both of their acting for like the little things they do that you wouldn't necessarily notice the first time. And they do have great chemistry.
Yeah! I noticed the shaking hands too. Like he's trying to process her reaction as much as we are, and a hundred nervous thoughts are running through his head. Brendan probably has a habit of fidgeting with his hands anyway, because of his magic stuff, but I love that it's become a part of Evelyn as well. And Michelle is just fantastic. I wonder how many episode scripts they had received at that point, and what was the stage direction, because the face she pulls is wonderfully layered. Can't wait to see how it plays out in retrospect after the CS.

Just a few weeks left, you guys.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:36 PM
Dedicated Fan

I don't want it to be a scene by scene repeat either, but I do think there needs to be some sort of catalyst...and I was thinking him with other women ( in general, really, not necessarily one ) could be a possibility. Because if he does marry one that's going to change the relationship they have...and that realization could be the tipping point where she realizes, "Hey, I don't want to lose that."

Omg that video...

She really is! And I cannot get over the scene where they're about to leave in the house, and Blake's talking to Cora and there's this moment where Mary and Evelyn look at each other and she pulls the same face and you're just wondering what she's thinking...

Old 12-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassothemoon (View Post)
And yes, Brendan's great! I think they're aware of that, which is why we'll see more of him. I was rewatching scenes for my videos--and did you see how his hands were shaking when his back was turned after Mary told him they should go inside ( not to mention the look on her face--idk if it was shocked or conflicted or what but there was something there ). I love both of their acting for like the little things they do that you wouldn't necessarily notice the first time. And they do have great chemistry.
This is quite possibly my favorite Evelyn moment of the series so far. The way his hands shake/fidget for just a second, his ever so slight hesitation before he turns, and then the look on his face.

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
This is quite possibly my favorite Evelyn moment of the series so far. The way his hands shake/fidget for just a second, his ever so slight hesitation before he turns, and then the look on his face.
I feel like one of his traits is that he has more to say than he's letting on. Because he had that same vibe ( or I was getting that same vibe ) watching the finale of season 1, when they were at Rosamund's place, after they're talking about his cancelled wedding. "It'll be better in the long run", he said, when honestly what did he want to say? That he was in love with her and that he couldn't live out a lie?

It's something they share because you know Mary only says half of what she thinks most of the time.

Old 12-01-2013, 02:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's almost as if his hands are tied, he wants to open his heart to her but just can't. Of course he and Mary are from that same world where public displays of emotion are considered foolish...
The way they did the S1 scene at Rosamund's is amazing -- JF couldn't have asked for a better setup for Mary/Evelyn in S4 even though at the time it was just a plot device for the Pamuk story. The moments he chose to hold eye contact with her, and the moments he broke it to look down at the floor, said volumes. I agree he was holding in so much about the engagement.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Part-Time Fan

I think she was holding back, too. She doesn't look at all unpleased when he says the engagement is broken, and if you look closely, right after he says he needed to tell her something face to face her eyes brighten for just the briefest moment. (And then, of course, he goes into the Pamuk business and the moment is gone.)

#TeamPerseus
Old 12-01-2013, 03:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I also made a Flake (Foyle/Blake) video...and that's totes relevant to this thread because it leaves Evelyn the last man standing, right?

An old version of that Mary/Evelyn vid used to be on YouTube, but it had...issues.

I have an idea for another Mary/Evelyn vid with a Dashboard Confessional song that I want to make, too, but I couldn't resist doing the crack ship ones!
LOL. That video made me laugh.