Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
I'm sure these people were awful for stealing money, but most of those people on that list weren't killers I'm just saying that although obviously there are a lot of unethical people in business and in politics, I doubt most of them are killers. I'm not diminishing the severity of their actions, I just think murder is worse than fraud.

And I agree that someone who finances terrorism/or any type of killing is just as culpable as the people/person doing the killing.

I think Victoria compared their DNA to begin with because she suspected Emily as being Amanda and by them not being a match, she felt it proved it. At the end of the day, she did take a gamble. She didn't prove Emily was Amanda, she only proved that Charlotte isn't the aunt...
As i said, Conrad has obviously been over dramatized by the directors to make the show better but he is probably based off a lot of these people.

And wow, so Viccy really took a risk with Charlotte? It seemed like she had definite proof after getting the DNA results back
Old 05-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

I enjoyed this episode!

Though the scenes of Charlotte being 'emotionally tortured' were uncomfortable to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
While I absolutely agree that Aiden was playing Jack when they were alone together, I'm not quite getting your point that Aiden/Emily's conversation was also part of manipulating Jack to make him release Charlotte. The only reason Jack released her was because Nolan, Aiden, and Emily were all detained elsewhere. Aiden and Emily didn't know when Jack arrived that Emily was going to get picked up by the police and Aiden was going to have to go get her.
Yeah, there was no reason it had to be Jack that released Charlotte, and he was told to by Aiden because they were held up.

(And Jack wasn't supposed to be there in the first place. He wasn't set up to go there.. he had Javier track Nolan's phone.)

I just cannot find a reason why Aiden needed to manipulate Jack like he did. They were about to let Charlotte go. Jack was not going to the police, and Aiden said himself that Jack was there because he cared about both Charlotte and Emily, and this was while Jack thought that Emily was still in a 'complicated' thing with Aiden.
So there was no reason for Aiden to be such a jerk there. Really hope it comes to bite him on the ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
I think Victoria compared their DNA to begin with because she suspected Emily as being Amanda and by them not being a match, she felt it proved it. At the end of the day, she did take a gamble. She didn't prove Emily was Amanda, she only proved that Charlotte isn't the aunt...
Is Victoria aware that Emily and Amanda were in juvie together? I think Jack knew that before, but I don't know about Victoria. I guess if she does, then she'd also think that Emily would know that Amanda wasn't really Amanda, and thus more suspicion that Emily is Amanda. But it was still a gamble
Old 05-06-2014, 03:32 AM
Loyal Fan

Great episode, tbh I didn't was happy that Emily was the one who kidnapped Charlotte.This is the first episode I actually don't agree with Emily. Charlotte will be scarred for life and I agreed with Jack when he said "You will never have a relationship with your sister after that, you understand that" and that sad, because after that it's more difficul for Char to forvige her sister when she finally going to know the truth. The only thing great that comes from it, it's that now finally Charlotte learns the truth about her parents (I had waited for this moment for so long), her confrontation with Conrad was amazing,the best part of the episode. I didn't expect they recorded everythings Conrad said! I thought it was Jack idea to free charlotte and not another Ems idea, so I was completely in shock. but it was great seeing Emily tears of you when Nolan said:"ems, you got him".
Victoria is now so close to discover Emily real identity, so I'm curious to see what's going to happens next week.
I don't get why Emily revealed herself to Conrad. I mean, yeah, the satisfaction of seeing that look on his face, but still.. I don't think wasa good idea,I love that Conrad is thrilled that Victoria is Emily's next target.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:11 AM
Elite Fan

That was definitely the best episode of S3 and one of the best of the show.

Emily finally got it right! She had a LOT of luck, but it was great to see her finally taking one of the Graysons down. Her scene with Nolan was great.

As much as I think this will damage her relationship with Charlotte, I honestly don't care. She had a purpose and took the measures needed. I smirked at Emily's reaction to Jack and Aiden complaining about the Charlotte's torture. I much prefer ruthless Emily (except with Nolan, because I love him) to puppy-eyes Emily anytime. If she as a kid survived, Charlotte will too.

The damages have much more to do with her family's actions than with Emily. They are a sick family.

So Victoria took a chance with Charlotte, huh? I hope she discovers that someday.
I gotta say I was hoping for a Emily/Victoria confrontation scene, but with Emily revealing her identity, not Victoria discovering it on her own.

Emily and Conrad's scene was great too.

And I had a little bit of Aiden and Emily. They do fit

I chose to ignore Daniel and Margaux, because they have nothing to offer. Like I've read somewhere else, Daniel is a 'mustache-twirl' villain now. It's disgusting. He used to have layers. I almost shipped him with Emily back in S1, because they have a great thing together. But they decided to assassinate his character so badly, I can't even.
Same to Margaux. So her father got killed and Jack didn't even call her? They simply erased their relationship, like it never happened

Old 05-06-2014, 05:29 AM
Master Fan

I think the best thing about the episode was the triumphant look on Emily's face when Conrad's confession was being televised. It was an amazing scene for her
Old 05-06-2014, 05:32 AM
Elite Fan

I agree with you. A victory, finally

Old 05-06-2014, 06:21 AM
Master Fan

I also loved Conrad's comment in the jail to Emily, godspeed to bringing down Victoria. He wasn't angry, almost impressed with her
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
I think the best thing about the episode was the triumphant look on Emily's face when Conrad's confession was being televised. It was an amazing scene for her
Yeah, it was huge.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

I feel like the writers kinda were lazy with the development of the relationship between Emily and Conrad before this episode happened. She barely had any scenes with him and he never really took any notice of her despite how smart he is. I thought their relationship could have been done a bit better. But at the same time they probably wanted to go down the route of him not even suspecting her and then being shocked at that mistake.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

^ That's true, I think he liked her and he didn't see it coming
Old 05-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
Sociopath? Nah, if he was he wouldn't have gone through such lengths to protect his family and he wouldn't have bothered to try and rescue Charlotte yesterday. Conrad is just a cruel ruthless business man, there are actually a lot of people like him in todays society. The writers probably based him off a lot of politicians.

Lol you say that like Victoria is a sweet angel. She was probably attracted to Conrad because of how ruthless he was because she herself could relate, she only started hating him because of what he did to David.
No, no...I know she's no angel, I'm just saying that as a villain,she's more likable and interesting. Tibits from the past explain why she became that way,whereas with Conrad, we never really got his motivations, aside from meeting his weird,creepy father.

Sherlock Holmes is a high-functioning sociapath and still has protective instincts. I think that unless it's Charlotte and possibly Daniel,he doesn't give a ****. Sociopaths are more capable of having concern for their family than a psychopath.

However,you're right about people being like him. It's not fair or pretty,but I'm sure that some of them have killed,raped or screwed people over. A lot of them have been caught and got into serious trouble because their dirty little secrets came out.

I agree about some part of Victoria caring,but David gave her something no other man ever could,even if Pascale was supposedly her first love. She's a bit more interesting because of it, since we've seen her be human more often.

It's a shame that Henry Czerny has to go,but at some point,the plan had to start making a huge dent. I hate that Emily did what she did to Charlotte and I'm worried that she'll go back to doing drugs. I mean,she found out that her father merrily snuffed out her biodad and her sister. I'm just wondering how much sanity she'll have when this is all over and done with. I mean,even Daniel is on Emily's list now,so who will poor Charlotte have left?
Old 05-06-2014, 07:25 AM
Master Fan

If Conrad stays in jail I wonder if we'll see him again
Old 05-06-2014, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I suppose that's still possible. Maybe Victoria or Daniel will visit him. Hell, maybe Margaux will to scream at him. I'm just excited about the showdown. Maybe the show will end next season, who knows. She's almost done and there's no need to keep going. Whether she goes to Jack or stays with Aiden is anyone's guess,but the point of the show is revenge, not her love life.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:44 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
That's what I'm really wondering. I have no clue how he gets out of this. It seems like all the money in the world couldn't release him given all that he confessed to. As we know, terrorism (directly or indirectly connected to) is not taken lightly in this country as far as punishment. That is only one of his crimes, too.

Thus, I have no idea how he gets out. The only way I feel it's possible is if Emily needs him for some reason and finds a way to get him out. I don't see how that would ever happen. I suppose with his money and power he could attempt an escape but even if that happened and it was a success, he'd still have to be underground and in hiding for the rest of his life. He's never marching back to freely live at Grayson Manor anymore in other words.

So, I can't see imagine a scenario without it being really ridiculous and unrealistic.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I also loved Conrad's comment in the jail to Emily, godspeed to bringing down Victoria. He wasn't angry, almost impressed with her
I think so and he's never has issues with her like Victoria did. They had to have had a conversation and plotted together during her blackouts. Victoria getting crushed and not getting away with anything either had to have made him smug.

Quote:
I chose to ignore Daniel and Margaux, because they have nothing to offer. Like I've read somewhere else, Daniel is a 'mustache-twirl' villain now. It's disgusting. He used to have layers. I almost shipped him with Emily back in S1, because they have a great thing together. But they decided to assassinate his character so badly, I can't even.
Same to Margaux. So her father got killed and Jack didn't even call her? They simply erased their relationship, like it never happened
Free Josh Bowman! Even as a villain,it's probably awful for him to play a character he obviously hates as well. Maybe this is his punishment.

Jack and Margaux weren't bad before Daniel started to mess with her head. Jack should have called her because he's not cruel,petty or heartless. I think the writers just wanted to hurry things up and have things be on the sides they want them to.

I ship Jack/Emily,but I really doubt she'll be able to have a normal life. She told Charlotte she loved her and they had a bond,but avenging their father means the only family she had left will leave her.

She probably is better off faking her death and being solitary. Starting over with Aiden makes more sense than trying to be normal and both Jack and Nolan were a part of things. :-/

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 05-06-2014 at 06:56 PM