Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maeve77 (View Post)
Jack got played by Aiden but ALSO Emily, that whole scene in the bunker when Aiden said "I need to talk to Emily, just Emily" was part of a long game and ruse to get Jack to release Charlotte and for Charlotte to extract that confession from Conrad when she confronted him - brilliant!
While I absolutely agree that Aiden was playing Jack when they were alone together, I'm not quite getting your point that Aiden/Emily's conversation was also part of manipulating Jack to make him release Charlotte. The only reason Jack released her was because Nolan, Aiden, and Emily were all detained elsewhere. Aiden and Emily didn't know when Jack arrived that Emily was going to get picked up by the police and Aiden was going to have to go get her.
Old 05-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
I don't agree with that, infact i think she despises Victoria more because she betrayed David. Emily planned on only taking down Victoria on the wedding night, and the show has revolved around them two. I think the directors have just gotten Conrad out of the way just to make the final episode between Emily and Victoria more climatic.
She does despise Victoria more, but I disagree that Conrad wasn't her #1 target. He's always felt to me as #1
Old 05-05-2014, 06:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
I can't believe Conrad went off like that. This was the best episode of Revenge in forever.

Once Victoria stopped thinking of Emily as a gold digger, she was able to actually connect the dots. I'm glad she finally knows the truth.

I thought Emily was going to introduce herself as Amanda Clarke to Conrad.

I really like to know who that mysterious guy is from the cabin. I hope he is not Emily's brother. My guess is that he is Charlotte's son who looked up to David as a big brother.
So did I. A cousin is so much better than yet another sibling. Amanda's stupid foster brother got on my nerves last season.

Please,please let Daniel be next. Victoria is fabulous and I'd rather they pay attention to her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touldengal (View Post)
She does despise Victoria more, but I disagree that Conrad wasn't her #1 target. He's always felt to me as #1
Yep. David may have been betrayed by the woman he loved,but her jealous husband started this entire b.s.. He didn't get to see his baby girl, he couldn't stop the madness and Conrad had David killed. Victoria ruined her life and threw her to the wolves instead of trying to keep her out of it. Jesus, Carl could have raised Amanda.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Also think someone will die in the finale, but wouldn't know who. My bet is on Daniel or Aiden, but I also fear for Jack. I always do.
I think it's Daniel, mainly b/c the fans hate Daniel and even if JB is kind of getting his wish,he soured on playing Daniel. I think he stopped being happy once Daniel and Emily's relationship just kept getting worse and so did his character.

Aiden and Emily do have a shared understanding,but if he dies,then fine. He avenged his father and he won't have to see that Emily will always wants Jack,not him.

Last edited by Against_all_odds; 05-05-2014 at 07:13 PM
Old 05-05-2014, 06:53 PM
Elite Fan

I feel like Daniel isn't evil at his core though. Neither is Victoria, for that matter. Conrad was pure evil imo. I was actually surprised he was going to confess to save Charlotte. That was his ONE redeeming quality.

Daniel has his own agenda these days and has made terrible mistakes. Right now, he's evil... but I believe he can be redeemed. Everything Victoria has done in the recent years [meaning from when the show began], she's done to protect her children and family. Does she deserve to be punished for what happened to David and Amanda? Yes... but maybe there is more to the story. At least I hope there is because there is something about her that I really like.

I really would have loved to see Emily and Victoria team up at some point, but I don't think it's heading in that direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte finds out about Emily in the near future.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:06 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I feel like Daniel isn't evil at his core though. Neither is Victoria, for that matter. Conrad was pure evil imo. I was actually surprised he was going to confess to save Charlotte. That was his ONE redeeming quality.

Daniel has his own agenda these days and has made terrible mistakes. Right now, he's evil... but I believe he can be redeemed. Everything Victoria has done in the recent years [meaning from when the show began], she's done to protect her children and family. Does she deserve to be punished for what happened to David and Amanda? Yes... but maybe there is more to the story. At least I hope there is because there is something about her that I really like.

I really would have loved to see Emily and Victoria team up at some point, but I don't think it's heading in that direction.

I wouldn't be surprised if Charlotte finds out about Emily in the near future.
I don't agree, none of the Graysons are 'pure' evil. Conrad really did love Charlotte, he just snapped when he was thrown into a corner by her. Most characters in this show are grey. The only pure evil person on the show was Helen Crowley.

And how could Victoria and Emily team up? What are they going to do? The Initiative are gone, Conrad is gone, most of the people involved are gone...Yeah it's a bit too late for them to team up.

Quote:
Then why was she only planning on taking down Victoria on the wedding night? And Lets not forget she was planning on getting both of them this episode but Victoria outwitted both Conrad and Emily and saved herself, God i love her lol.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
And how could Victoria and Emily team up? What are they going to do? The Initiative are gone, Conrad is gone, most of the people involved are gone...Yeah it's a bit too late for them to team up.
I'm aware. "I really would have loved to see Emily and Victoria team up at some point, but I don't think it's heading in that direction."

And that's your opinion about Conrad, I feel differently about him. I think he's an awful person and not just because of that one outburst, but because of his priorities in life and the importance he places on power over basic decency... like not killing innocent people. You don't agree with me, that's fine, but I'm entitled to have my opinion.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm aware. "I really would have loved to see Emily and Victoria team up at some point, but I don't think it's heading in that direction."

And that's your opinion about Conrad, I feel differently about him. I think he's an awful person and not just because of that one outburst, but because of his priorities in life and the importance he places on power over basic decency... like not killing innocent people. You don't agree with me, that's fine, but I'm entitled to have my opinion.
I never said he was a saint or anything. He is a bad bad person. However i don't think he is pure evil, he's in the darker shade of grey.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:41 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenaya (View Post)
I never said he was a saint or anything. He is a bad bad person. However i don't think he is pure evil, he's in the darker shade of grey.
I think he's a sociopathic ass,but I doubt he was always evil, though. If he was, Victoria would have left him eons ago. He became evil after he got involved with the Initative, not before.

I can't like Daniel anymore,even if I know he has fans. Victoria is an HBIC, so it's hard not to love her. Unless Margaux seriously redeems him,he sucks. I think that Conrad has some sort of respect for Emily,even if she put him behind bars. Then again,it could be because he's smug about Victoria going down as well.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Against_all_odds (View Post)
I think he's a sociopathic ass,but I doubt he was always evil, though. If he was, Victoria would have left him eons ago. He became evil after he got involved with the Initative, not before.

I can't like Daniel anymore,even if I know he has fans. Victoria is an HBIC, so it's hard not to love her. Unless Margaux seriously redeems him,he sucks. I think that Conrad has some sort of respect for Emily,even if she put him behind bars. Then again,it could be because he's smug about Victoria going down as well.
Sociopath? Nah, if he was he wouldn't have gone through such lengths to protect his family and he wouldn't have bothered to try and rescue Charlotte yesterday. Conrad is just a cruel ruthless business man, there are actually a lot of people like him in todays society. The writers probably based him off a lot of politicians.

Lol you say that like Victoria is a sweet angel. She was probably attracted to Conrad because of how ruthless he was because she herself could relate, she only started hating him because of what he did to David.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

i dont know if she started hating him since then. in the beginning of season 1, she seemed to still be in love with him on some level.
maybe the more she found out, the angrier she got and maybe the less he cared about her, the less she started to care about him till she eventually started to full on hate him.

idk if a lot of ruthless businessmen out there are killers not that i have much knowledge in this department, but id like to believe that although certain people make unethical decision, doesnt necessarily mean they'd kill innocent people for it. at least not a lot of people.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Elite Fan

oops double post
Old 05-05-2014, 08:13 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
i dont know if she started hating him since then. in the beginning of season 1, she seemed to still be in love with him on some level.
maybe the more she found out, the angrier she got and maybe the less he cared about her, the less she started to care about him till she eventually started to full on hate him.

idk if a lot of ruthless businessmen out there are killers not that i have much knowledge in this department, but id like to believe that although certain people make unethical decision, doesnt necessarily mean they'd kill innocent people for it. at least not a lot of people.
Yeah, i don't know if she still 'loved' him in season 1 but she still seemed to generally care about him, she was concerned when he was hospitalized in the pilot and she was hurt he cheated on her with Lydia (Although you could say she was just hurt that he picked her out of everyone he could have). My point was she was ruthless like him, but taking down her true love was still going to hurt her emotionally.

And you would be surprised at how dirty a lot of politicians and businessman's hands are, obviously they are going to over-dramatize him to make the show better though.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:54 PM
New Fan

Quote:
idk if a lot of ruthless businessmen out there are killers
Wow there's a lot of guys like Conrad Grayson in real world. Classical ones are: American mega tycoon John D. Rockfeller had open sociopathic behaviour, he had the nickname Robber baron not by chance. (JR Ewing from Dallas 80s was inspired in him). Gustav Krupp, German Tycoon who financed the Nazi regime and enriched during II World War. After the war he lived free and billionaire in Switzerland.

Anyways just check this list: The 20 Most Notorious Wall Street Criminals

http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/01...eet-criminals/
Old 05-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Dedicated Fan

One thing i was confused about, how did Victoria find out Charlotte wasn't going to be harmed? As far as i know all she did was prove with the DNA test that Fauxmanda wasn't Charlotte's Sister
Old 05-05-2014, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrika (View Post)
Wow there's a lot of guys like Conrad Grayson in real world. Classical ones are: American mega tycoon John D. Rockfeller had open sociopathic behaviour, he had the nickname Robber baron not by chance. (JR Ewing from Dallas 80s was inspired in him). Gustav Krupp, German Tycoon who financed the Nazi regime and enriched during II World War. After the war he lived free and billionaire in Switzerland. Anyways just check this list: The 20 Most Notorious Wall Street Criminals http://www.rantlifestyle.com/2014/01...eet-criminals/
I'm sure these people were awful for stealing money, but most of those people on that list weren't killers I'm just saying that although obviously there are a lot of unethical people in business and in politics, I doubt most of them are killers. I'm not diminishing the severity of their actions, I just think murder is worse than fraud.

And I agree that someone who finances terrorism/or any type of killing is just as culpable as the people/person doing the killing.

I think Victoria compared their DNA to begin with because she suspected Emily as being Amanda and by them not being a match, she felt it proved it. At the end of the day, she did take a gamble. She didn't prove Emily was Amanda, she only proved that Charlotte isn't the aunt...