Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Impetus {3.21} Episode Discussion | Original Air Date May 4, 2014

Impetus {3.21} - Episode Discussion

Sunday, May 4 10/9c on ABC

r e v e n g e

EMILY TURNS TO EXTREME MEASURES IN AN ATTEMPT TO COMPLETE HER MISSION, ON ABC’S “REVENGE”

“Impetus” – Dire circumstance leads Emily to take extreme measures against both the Graysons and those closest to her, on “Revenge,” SUNDAY, MAY 4 (10:01-11:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

“Revenge” stars Emily VanCamp as Emily Thorne, Madeleine Stowe as Victoria Grayson, Henry Czerny as Conrad Grayson, Josh Bowman as Daniel Grayson, Nick Wechsler as Jack Porter, Gabriel Mann as Nolan Ross, Christa B. Allen as Charlotte Clarke and Barry Sloane as Aiden Mathis.

Guest stars TBD.

“Impetus” was written by Gretchen J. Berg & Aaron Harberts and directed by J. Miller Tobin.

“Revenge” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format, with 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to airdate.

For more information on “Revenge,” visit ABC.com/Revenge.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks, Rod. I can't wait for tonight's show.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Extreme Fan

Whoa, that was a really good episode. Totally was not expecting that Charlotte and Conrad thing. I literally screamed! LOL!
Old 05-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Elite Fan

I can't believe Conrad went off like that. This was the best episode of Revenge in forever.

Once Victoria stopped thinking of Emily as a gold digger, she was able to actually connect the dots. I'm glad she finally knows the truth.

I thought Emily was going to introduce herself as Amanda Clarke to Conrad.

I really like to know who that mysterious guy is from the cabin. I hope he is not Emily's brother. My guess is that he is Charlotte's son who looked up to David as a big brother.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Master Fan

Conrad is one of my favorite characters so I really hope we still get to see him. He did such a 180 and I thought his reaction was a tad OTT but okay. I'm just pissed that they've got Conrad while that irritating, smug Daniel is still walking around like his **** don't stink.
The Lord is my shepherd.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:18 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaijaChiqa (View Post)
Conrad is one of my favorite characters so I really hope we still get to see him. He did such a 180 and I thought his reaction was a tad OTT but okay. I'm just pissed that they've got Conrad while that irritating, smug Daniel is still walking around like his **** don't stink.
It does seem out of character. Conrad was about to confess for Charlotte, and he just lost it.

I really hope someone shoots, drowns, stab or push Daniel off a balcony.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:22 PM
New Fan

I loved this episode! It was so much more fast paced than many of the episodes this season and it ended too soon!

I missed the beginning of the scene with Carl and Victoria. Did she make him fall to get him to bleed? So creepy!

Why in the world would Emily and gang keep the door unlocked during their kidnap/torture scheme!? They had a lot of luck that everything fell together with Jack setting Charlotte free, her confronting Conrad, him reacting and confessing... Actually, if Javier looking for Charlotte and Jack getting Javier to track Nolan's cell to find Nolan were part of their master plan as well, it was a miracle that the plan was successful. Who put the camera on Charlotte and when!?

I can't believe Conrad turned on Charlotte like that (even if he believed she was involved in the kidnapping). Afterward, he said he figured she was an unwitted participant in the plot but he was still calling her horrible names to Victoria. It's strange that he loved Charlotte enough to make a confession to save her life (although he knew it wouldn't hold up in court), but after she confronted him, he was so evil to her. I feel bad for her that her dad would talk to her like that...

Also I was thinking... back when Emily threw her laptop of evidence in the ocean, she said something like putting them in jail wasn't her objective. Yet, that is what she has done. Of course this way was more dramatic and fulfilled her purpose of tearing the family apart.

I wonder if Emily will realize Victoria was behind the David Clarke ring man.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Loyal Fan

This was a really exciting episode! Quick thoughts:

* Conrad is one of the most entertaining characters on the show, and I loved watching him tonight, but I had a hard time with everything he said to Charlotte. I understood him being angry, but like NaijaChiqa said, it just seemed way too over the top.

* The homicide detective weirded me out in his final scene with Emily -- it almost seemed like he was trying to come onto her.

* Daniel and Emily are very entertaining sparring partners.

* I'm pretty disappointed that Victoria seems to be figuring out who Emily is all on her own. I was looking forward to the scene where Emily got to tell her the truth -- but now Victoria is one step ahead of her.

* So now we know what the pharmacy bag during filming was! I'm so relieved that it didn't turn out to be a pregnancy test after all.

* I got a little emotional when Emily watched Conrad's confession -- it was a good move for the camera to stay focused on her face for so long. A great scene with three seasons of history behind it.

* Javier really has become a non-entity in just a few episodes.

* CBA did a good job with her scenes tonight.

* I really liked the choice to have Victoria playing the piano as Conrad waited for the feds to arrive.

I'll probably have more later after I watch the episode again.

Last edited by northboundtrain; 05-04-2014 at 08:29 PM
Old 05-04-2014, 08:24 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
I really like to know who that mysterious guy is from the cabin. I hope he is not Emily's brother. My guess is that he is Charlotte's son who looked up to David as a big brother.
I think he was in the scene with Victoria when she sent him to the lab to get DNA results, so he is working with Victoria, and she is probably the one who had the DC ring.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I missed last episode and didn't watch it yet, but decided to watch this one today. I missed the part of Charlotte being kidnepped (who it happened) and Pascal's death (thanks God he is out of the picture!!!!!)

This episode was great! I loved it! I didn't get if Jack was set to let Charlotte go? Jack was looking and holding his cell phone before he decided to let her go. Was he aware he was setting something like what happened up? Why he was not pissed at Emily for that? And the way Jack touched Charlotte's shoulder before he left makes me wonder if she knows it was Jack.

Aiden and Emily and Jack and Amily. Tired of it. Not again. Please! Let Emily be with someone!

Victoria knows about Emily! This show is getting to its end, right?
Old 05-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrann1 (View Post)
I think he was in the scene with Victoria when she sent him to the lab to get DNA results, so he is working with Victoria, and she is probably the one who had the DC ring.
Hmm.. They look similar. I wonder if Victoria has him up to that game, or did he get the job with her to be closer to her?
Old 05-04-2014, 08:40 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanic (View Post)
This episode was great! I loved it! I didn't get if Jack was set to let Charlotte go? Jack was looking and holding his cell phone before he decided to let her go. Was he aware he was setting something like what happened up? Why he was not pissed at Emily for that? And the way Jack touched Charlotte's shoulder before he left makes me wonder if she knows it was Jack.
I wonder if he knew what was going on... I didn't know how that camera got on Charlotte, but maybe Jack was the one who put it on her when he touched her shoulder????
Old 05-04-2014, 08:42 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostcandy (View Post)
Hmm.. They look similar. I wonder if Victoria has him up to that game, or did he get the job with her to be closer to her?
Yea, I swear it was the same person.... But didn't consider that he could be the one trying to get closer to Victoria... Will be interesting to find out if he is working with Victoria or against her.
Old 05-04-2014, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

^^^ It will be interesting to find out if he is a friend or a foe. Just as long as he isn't David Clarke's long lost son, I'm ok with either one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandrann1 (View Post)
I wonder if he knew what was going on... I didn't know how that camera got on Charlotte, but maybe Jack was the one who put it on her when he touched her shoulder????
The plan all along was to release Charlotte before the press conference. I don't know if Jack put the camera on her or it was already placed on her coat before Emily left.
Old 05-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Elite Fan

This felt like a season finale, was it?

I'm so excited that Victoria knows she's Amanda. I was kind of hoping they'd team up to take down Conrad, but this was good too.

Daniel has become SO evil, I can't stand the smug face. However, I still miss his first season relationship with Emily

I love Emily with jack the most though. I can't wait for those crazy kids to get together!

I'm mad that they kidnapped Charlotte because how the hell is she ever going to forgive Emily for this? She already has a ton of explaining to do. I've been rooting for Charlotte and Emily's reunion since we found out they were sisters.

Victoria vs Emily is far more epic than Emily vs Conrad. Victoria is so fierce and smart.. And so is Emily. Epic!