Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-17-2013, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I actually thought when they pulled away that they wanted to kiss.
I thought that too.
Old 12-18-2013, 03:21 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by revengefan@07 (View Post)
Emily & Nick always knows how played them scenes perfect.
True! I only wish they would have more scenes together in the second part of the season Could happen, since there are no secrets between them anymore and Jack obviously still cares for her. Deep down he still loves her, I am sure
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-19-2013, 11:21 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Perhaps she really loses her memory, but she still remembers her youth with Jack? Or maybe her memories of him are the first ones she remembers?
That's possible -- if that's the case, then Jack is the only one she'd be able to trust.

I just hope if she's faking it that she tells Jack. She owes him total honesty from here on out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revengefan@07 (View Post)
Emily & Nick always knows how played them scenes perfect.
I know! They're incredible together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
I thought that too.
Looking back at it, I think it was a deliberate choice based on the acting and the camera-work. We were supposed to see something intense between them in that moment. And then of course NW's eyes dropping to her mouth just underscores that.

Speaking of NW's eyes, the other day I was rewatching a YouTube clip from the season one finale...Emily going to see Jack and learning that fake Amanda is back and pregnant. The whole scene is great, but what gets me is the look Jack gives Emily after fake Amanda reveals the pregnancy -- he smiles, but the longer the camera stays on him, we see his eyes grow more and more pained. Like the cliche "a picture is worth a thousand words," Jack is basically having a whole conversation with Emily with just one look. I don't have a gif, but here are two screen shots that illustrate what I mean.

I think over the hiatus I'm going to do a rewatch of seasons one and two. I haven't actually watched most of the episodes since the first time they've aired, so when I watch Emily/Jack music videos on YouTube I've forgotten the context of certain scenes. Maybe I can make a list of moments/episodes to post here in the thread so anyone else who wants to do a rewatch (or is approaching the show for the first time) can catch up?
Old 12-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm rewatching S1 and S2 atm, nearly at the half of S2 now. I forgot how many great Jack/Emily scenes there were in season 1 especially. They kind of lack screen time in season 2 sadly enough. Would be great if you could make a list ofcourse

IF she's faking it ( which I doubt ) I am sure she'll tell Jack and Nolan. But I have a feeling that Jack is the only one she is going to be able to trust ( very maybe Nolan ) because she just remembers Jack.
Spoiler:
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-19-2013, 01:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I'm rewatching S1 and S2 atm, nearly at the half of S2 now. I forgot how many great Jack/Emily scenes there were in season 1 especially. They kind of lack screen time in season 2 sadly enough.
I remember that last season they didn't get nearly as much airtime, which I blamed partially on the introduction of Aiden -- it seemed like once he entered the picture, Emily's relationships with Jack and Nolan both suffered.

Quote:
Would be great if you could make a list ofcourse
Yay! I definitely think I'll do it. I know when I'm first getting into a couple I like to know the backstory/best moments, so maybe a list could help others who have just started watching and want more information about Emily and Jack.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-19-2013, 03:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I remember that last season they didn't get nearly as much airtime, which I blamed partially on the introduction of Aiden -- it seemed like once he entered the picture, Emily's relationships with Jack and Nolan both suffered.

Yay! I definitely think I'll do it. I know when I'm first getting into a couple I like to know the backstory/best moments, so maybe a list could help others who have just started watching and want more information about Emily and Jack.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I try to like Aiden, but it's just not happening sadly enough. I'm with you that it's his fault that she had so little scenes with Jack and Nolan in S2. And according to most people Emily/Jack and Emily/Nolan are the two relationships/friendships that are most popular. Such a waste that they messed with that in S2.

Good luck with your list! If I can help out any way just let me know ^^
Old 12-20-2013, 06:24 AM
Elite Fan

I didn't mind Aiden, but then as said ^ him being there meant less scenes with Emily and Jack, and also Emily with Nolan, and it's still the case. It's gone on long enough.
Old 12-20-2013, 08:31 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Good luck with your list! If I can help out any way just let me know ^^
Thanks! I actually started last night and got through 1.4. It's actually really fun so far -- things were really, really good back then. (And I much prefer season 1 Victoria, which I already knew, but this rewatch is confirming it. She's practically a different character.)

And you're right, so far there's been so much Jack and Emily. There are so many little touches and lines that I didn't remember. And Jack's initial attraction to her seems even more powerful to me now than it did back then -- he was really, really into her. I hadn't remembered that when the had dinner together he told her that he was hoping for a reason to stay in the Hamptons...and then the look he gave her.

Which I love, because one of the common arguments against Emily and Jack is that all they have is this childhood puppy love. But Jack is clearly immediately attracted to adult Emily without knowing who she is. And so far he's given Emily plenty of reasons to be attracted to his adult self.

I wish I could make gifs to go with these moments. I'm making little screencaps as I go, but it's not really the same thing.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Loyal Fan

You are completely right what I love about Jack and Emily isn't really the summer they spent together as kids but the fact that Jack was drawn to Emily especially that line 'this feeling comes along once in a lifetime' he felt so strongly towards her and he didn't even know who she was ! Whereas in her other relationships she would have never been with Daniel if it wasn't for the revenge and much could be said for her relationship with Aiden it is the revenge that bonds them. If thay hadn't been through that would they have ever got together? But with Jack the fact he wanted her but there was no reasoning behind it, it's like there are bigger forces at play (fate?). Also what I love is the fact that out of all the characters in the show Jack is the one that gets the most emotion out of Emily, she is at her most vulnerable when they are together aside from her friendship with Nolan it is one of the most beautiful things about the show.
Old 12-20-2013, 10:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
You are completely right what I love about Jack and Emily isn't really the summer they spent together as kids but the fact that Jack was drawn to Emily especially that line 'this feeling comes along once in a lifetime' he felt so strongly towards her and he didn't even know who she was ! Whereas in her other relationships she would have never been with Daniel if it wasn't for the revenge and much could be said for her relationship with Aiden it is the revenge that bonds them. If thay hadn't been through that would they have ever got together? But with Jack the fact he wanted her but there was no reasoning behind it, it's like there are bigger forces at play (fate?). Also what I love is the fact that out of all the characters in the show Jack is the one that gets the most emotion out of Emily, she is at her most vulnerable when they are together aside from her friendship with Nolan it is one of the most beautiful things about the show.
Amen, great post!!
Old 12-20-2013, 11:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Eyes (View Post)
You are completely right what I love about Jack and Emily isn't really the summer they spent together as kids but the fact that Jack was drawn to Emily especially that line 'this feeling comes along once in a lifetime' he felt so strongly towards her and he didn't even know who she was !
That's one of my favorite scenes -- I can't wait to get to that part on the rewatch.

Quote:
Whereas in her other relationships she would have never been with Daniel if it wasn't for the revenge and much could be said for her relationship with Aiden it is the revenge that bonds them. If thay hadn't been through that would they have ever got together?
Exactly. Her connections to Daniel and Aiden are both based in darker stuff.

Quote:
But with Jack the fact he wanted her but there was no reasoning behind it, it's like there are bigger forces at play (fate?).
I love that too. I remember the first time I watched the first few episodes of season 1 I wondered if Jack did recognize Emily but was waiting for her to tell him herself. Obviously that wasn't quite it, but I do think he recognized her on an unconscious level. As Emily told him in last season's finale, deep down inside he's always known the truth.

Quote:
Also what I love is the fact that out of all the characters in the show Jack is the one that gets the most emotion out of Emily, she is at her most vulnerable when they are together aside from her friendship with Nolan it is one of the most beautiful things about the show.
Yes! Even with Nolan she was initially guarded (they really have come such a long way), but whenever she's with Jack she is thrown off her game and, as you said, vulnerable.

In fact, in 1.4 when Nolan confronts Emily and the mother-daughter event, he tells her he knows about her dinner with Jack and he adds something like "Who knew you could let your guard down?"

But what's even more awesome about that scene is how did Nolan know about the dinner? Jack must have told him. I wish we could have seen that scene! Nolan is such an Emily/Jack fanboy...especially in these early episodes.
Old 12-20-2013, 11:36 AM
Supreme Fan

Yeah, I don't think Nolan was too happy about the Aiden proposal. Deep down he still wants Emily to be with Jack. He always pushed for that. He just wants the best for Emily and for her to be happy.
Old 12-20-2013, 12:22 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think Nolan was too happy about the Aiden proposal. Deep down he still wants Emily to be with Jack. He always pushed for that. He just wants the best for Emily and for her to be happy.
Did guys notice after Aiden left after the proposal, Emily had a very sad face??
Old 12-20-2013, 12:44 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I agree. I mean, he helped with it so it would be special for Emily, but he didn't seem all that excited. Even talking with her on the phone later, he sounded kind of grumpy and bitter.

If the shooting does make Jack wake up and realize he wants to fight for Emily, it'll be interesting to see how Nolan reacts. In seasons one and two he would have been Jack's wing-man, doing everything he could to get them together. And I like to believe he'd do that this season, too. But the writers keep trying to push this Nolan/Aiden "bromance" or whatever...so maybe he'd stay officially neutral? That would suck, but after Nolan basically told Jack to get over Aiden threatening him, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers just keep him out of it, maybe by having him be preoccupied with Patrick.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:45 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I agree. I mean, he helped with it so it would be special for Emily, but he didn't seem all that excited. Even talking with her on the phone later, he sounded kind of grumpy and bitter.

If the shooting does make Jack wake up and realize he wants to fight for Emily, it'll be interesting to see how Nolan reacts. In seasons one and two he would have been Jack's wing-man, doing everything he could to get them together. And I like to believe he'd do that this season, too. But the writers keep trying to push this Nolan/Aiden "bromance" or whatever...so maybe he'd stay officially neutral? That would suck, but after Nolan basically told Jack to get over Aiden threatening him, I wouldn't be surprised if the writers just keep him out of it, maybe by having him be preoccupied with Patrick.
At some level it seems in character of Nolan. He wants Emily to be happy. Emily barely talks about where her true heart lies so Nolan just has to assume she's really happy with Aiden. He loves Jack, but Emily is his priority. If Emily tells him she loves Jack I am sure Nolan will support her.