Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-16-2013, 12:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I said in the episode thread that I had mixed feelings about this episode, and that pertains to Emily/Jack too.

* The goodbye scene started out so well. Understandably awkward, and then the hug, and then the emotion and the yelling and the best part, Jack saying that Emily was even stealing this moment from him. That was a nice bit of writing.

* Then the scene in the bar...I was happy to see him drinking over the wedding, and I liked how he listened to Sarah and realized that her words also applied to his relationship with Emily. And then the moment when he found the necklace -- I knew he was going to run off to find her and confess something major...confess his love, confess that he didn't want her to leave...something.

* So, of course, I was less than impressed with the beach scene, since it sounded like he just wanted to end things so he could get closure. (That is, if we're to believe what he told Aiden. I guess there's always the chance that he was lying, but I don't think he was.) That was not what I expected/wanted.

* I also don't like that he wanted to give her back the compass because "it was Amanda's." If Emily wanted it, she would have kept it. But it was obviously important to her that Jack have it, so yes, he should have held onto it.

* The one part of the beach scene that I did like was that Jack waited, like, a millisecond before rushing out toward the water yelling Emily's name. Aiden was a little bit slower -- probably because he was in shock that their big plan failed.

* Another bright side -- no Jack/Margaux.

* Spoiler discussion under the cut...

Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2013, 12:33 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kyls; 12-16-2013 at 01:05 AM
Old 12-16-2013, 12:56 AM
Part-Time Fan

The goodbye hug was so beautiful; they were so emotional. I understand jack's anger. Even though he knows he may never see her again, he wasn't ready to forgive her, especially after he realizes she kept something else from him too. But the conversation with Sarah and coming to find emily to make things right, it looks like things are going to start to mend.

the forehead kiss in the promo is so sweet. i think we'll get some good scenes coming up

Lucas&Eliott . Jake&Amy . Bellamy&Clarke . Fitz&Simmons . Chloe&Lucifer
Youtube | Twitter | Tumblr
Old 12-16-2013, 01:06 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2013, 04:45 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrilynn88 (View Post)
The goodbye hug was so beautiful; they were so emotional. I understand jack's anger. Even though he knows he may never see her again, he wasn't ready to forgive her, especially after he realizes she kept something else from him too. But the conversation with Sarah and coming to find emily to make things right, it looks like things are going to start to mend.

the forehead kiss in the promo is so sweet. i think we'll get some good scenes coming up
Its was so great seeing the love in both Jack & Emily faces last night
Old 12-16-2013, 05:48 AM
Loyal Fan

Hi I was wondering If I could be added to the shipper list.I absolutely love these two.The hug last night was a nice touch
Old 12-16-2013, 05:54 AM
Supreme Fan

Their hug and that entire scene was so awesome! Jack deserved to have the full truth so I am glad he got that now. Him screaming her name at the end was so devastating I want them together! <3
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyls (View Post)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2013, 06:20 AM
Elite Fan

Spoiler:
Old 12-16-2013, 08:56 AM
Loyal Fan

Spoiler:

So, one other thing that bugged me last night was the timing of Emily telling Jack that fake Amanda wanted her to take care of Jack and Carl. It seemed a strange time to tell him, just as she was leaving forever and therefore would be unable to honor her promise. Why did she tell him that? What did she think his reaction was going to be? Or was she just not thinking clearly?
Old 12-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
Spoiler:

So, one other thing that bugged me last night was the timing of Emily telling Jack that fake Amanda wanted her to take care of Jack and Carl. It seemed a strange time to tell him, just as she was leaving forever and therefore would be unable to honor her promise. Why did she tell him that? What did she think his reaction was going to be? Or was she just not thinking clearly?
Like you I was surprised by the timing of it, but at the other hand...she thought she was never going to see him again and she may have thought he deserved the total truth. She should have told him earlier, but ok. Now they have a clean state, and they can build a proper relationship again!
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:27 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwayshappy (View Post)
Like you I was surprised by the timing of it, but at the other hand...she thought she was never going to see him again and she may have thought he deserved the total truth. She should have told him earlier, but ok. Now they have a clean state, and they can build a proper relationship again!
I think you're probably right -- it just seemed like it was kind of thrown out there with no real follow-up. Jack should have replied, "So that's how you're 'taking care of us' -- you're leaving?" or Emily should have added, "Even though I'm leaving, I want you to know that you guys are always going to be in my thoughts, and if there's ever anything I can do for either you or Carl, tell Nolan and he'll get the message to me."

But none of that was said, so it sounded/felt very jarring...almost like Emily was rambling and searching for things to say without realizing how they would sound when she said them.
Old 12-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by northboundtrain (View Post)
I think you're probably right -- it just seemed like it was kind of thrown out there with no real follow-up. Jack should have replied, "So that's how you're 'taking care of us' -- you're leaving?" or Emily should have added, "Even though I'm leaving, I want you to know that you guys are always going to be in my thoughts, and if there's ever anything I can do for either you or Carl, tell Nolan and he'll get the message to me."

But none of that was said, so it sounded/felt very jarring...almost like Emily was rambling and searching for things to say without realizing how they would sound when she said them.
True. It would have been nice if Emily would have said that aswell, but it was kind of obvious that Jack was mad that she kept that from him and he accused her of being responsible for all his loss, so it wouldn't have fit the scene 100% ( Emily being all sweet ) in my opinion, but I totally get how you feel.

Let's just hope that they are getting closer in the coming episodes now that know everything about eachother. They can start fresh. With the good memories as a huge base ofcourse. He is her true love.
Old 12-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariyahRice (View Post)
Hi I was wondering If I could be added to the shipper list.I absolutely love these two.The hug last night was a nice touch
Can I be added to the list too?