Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-07-2012, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

I think it would have been fitting, both about families and not a conventional family.

Um...I think there was a tweet about best TV couples and LW re-tweeted it and said that part of the reason they had Daphne/Wilke was due to Jones and Lux.

I don't want his show to get canceled because I don't want him to be out of work, but you're right with networks. Who knows what will happen. Hopefully he'll always have a spot here.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Um...I think there was a tweet about best TV couples and LW re-tweeted it and said that part of the reason they had Daphne/Wilke was due to Jones and Lux.
That's interesting, I didn't know that.

Quote:
Part of me thinks maybe it was a good thing that Austin got this new show and Wilke got shipped off. At least he and Daphne ended on a good note with no residual resentment coming from either party. I'd rather end a relationship because of a geographical reason than because someone did something so unforgiveable that their integrity is tarnished, and I have a feeling they probably would have done that to Wilke. He's too pretty to be ruined like that.
Yeah, I hear ya.

I'd like to say that wouldn't be the case but if they could taint Emmett in the way that they did nothing would surprise me when it came to Wilke as well.

Quote:
Yeah, I thought LUX was a good show. Had the old WB-vibe to it, although I hated the teacher SL I actually thought that their theme song would have made a good one for SAB too.
I still feel bummed it got cancelled - I started watching Britt in Secret Circle but it turned out to be a show I didn't like. I stopped watching half way in, didn't like the direction.

The teacher storyline was in bad taste, imo, - I hate it when shows feel like they have to get risque or too over the top to stay in the game and compete with other shows.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Neat!

I agree with you both. I'm glad they didn't taint Wilke's character.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
That's interesting, I didn't know that.

Yeah, I hear ya.

I'd like to say that wouldn't be the case but if they could taint Emmett in the way that they did nothing would surprise me when it came to Wilke as well.

I still feel bummed it got cancelled - I started watching Britt in Secret Circle but it turned out to be a show I didn't like. I stopped watching half way in, didn't like the direction.

The teacher storyline was in bad taste, imo, - I hate it when shows feel like they have to get risque or too over the top to stay in the game and compete with other shows.
Yeah, I think they would have done something to Wilke eventually, sadly.

I know! I'm bummed it got canceled, but to be honest, the second season was totally different IMO. They made Lux into a real brat who most of the time was horrible to Kate and it was like, okay, enough. And then the teacher story....but I still think it was a good show, and had it been on ABC Family could have been a nice companion to SAB.
Old 08-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Yeah, I think they would have done something to Wilke eventually, sadly.

I know! I'm bummed it got canceled, but to be honest, the second season was totally different IMO. They made Lux into a real brat who most of the time was horrible to Kate and it was like, okay, enough. And then the teacher story....but I still think it was a good show, and had it been on ABC Family could have been a nice companion to SAB.
I agree about S2 being different. It wasn't so much that it was bad, imo, but what annoyed me was that they tried to broaden the scope of the show in order to put more distance between Cate and Baze. That was so obvious and there were things that annoyed me.

I do agree about Lux and how they turned her into a brat. The one thing I was happy about in the second season was that Cate and Baze started to pull together in their parenting because I got sick of Lux using Cate giving her up as an excuse for all the horrible ways she was treating her or taking advantage. I'm not saying that to discount Lux and her sad past but she can't blame all of that on Cate, who at the time, thought she was doing best by her. How was she to know that an adoption would completely fall through.

The teacher storyline was ... ridiculous. I have no other word for it.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:21 PM
Elite Fan

I did like how they had Jones and Lux come together though. Austin is quite the cutie. :-)
Old 08-14-2012, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I was happy to see that they brought him back in the end. I wasn't too sure about his character in the beginning, when he first appeared on the scene with Lux, but then as you got to know him - you knew that he just genuinely liked her.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:46 PM
Addicted Fan

The scene those two had before the 2 years later scene was sweet. I liked that we learned that Lux liked Jones from the beginning too.

My gut reaction, from the second episode he was in, was that Jones genuinely liked Lux. Jones and Sam were the only love interests/possible love interests I liked with her.

I think Austin has knack for making guys like Jones and Wilke come across as genuine people.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I think Austin has knack for making guys like Jones and Wilke come across as genuine people.
He totally does. I'll probably tune into see his new show too. We'll see if I like it though. I make no promises!
Old 08-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm probably not going to tune in because it's a CW show.

Old 08-16-2012, 06:19 PM
Elite Fan

I think it comes on mid-season, so depending on my viewing schedule I might check it out.
Old 08-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I'm probably not going to tune in because it's a CW show.
Same here and I refused to watch shows on CW since they aren't doing good job at all..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-18-2012, 05:46 PM
Elite Fan

I probably will. I'll let you know what I think.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:49 AM
Moderator Support Team

Good luck, but if it's good and I might give it a try to watch it..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 08-19-2012, 08:23 PM
Elite Fan

Depends on what other shows I have going on. Funny thing is it could end up going against SAB. I think his show is a mid-season replacement which is January, and I think it's taking GG's spot which I believe is Mondays, and with the announcement of SAB being renewed, if they are both on Mondays at the same time, it could be its competition. How ironic.