Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz
Yeah, I'm still hanging onto some hope. Not to mention, like we said before, the fate of CW shows is always uncertain.

That's the truth. I am surprised they only canceled The Secret Circle and Ringer. The ratings for Heart of Dixie were kind of meh for a first season show.

Though it's kinda wrong to wish Austin's new gig to get canceled. but if that did happen, I would like him to be a regular on SAB or at least get a chance to come back for their series finale assuming they know when it is coming to an end and can wrap it up accordingly, like with Life Unexpected.

It's too bad we didn't get a scene with him and Bay talking about the challenges of a deaf/hearing relationship. Bay could have pushed him to learn ASL too as she really threw herself into it and there was a bit of hesitation on Wilke's part, but that's probably because Daphne talks and Emmett doesn't, with the few exceptions, so Bay didn't have a choice, but we saw Daphne getting frustrated with Wilke's lack of ASL.

That was a missed opportunity for me, that being Bay and Wilke having that conversation.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

What is his new gig about?
Old 07-09-2012, 08:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

That's the truth. I am surprised they only canceled The Secret Circle and Ringer. The ratings for Heart of Dixie were kind of meh for a first season show.

Though it's kinda wrong to wish Austin's new gig to get canceled. but if that did happen, I would like him to be a regular on SAB or at least get a chance to come back for their series finale assuming they know when it is coming to an end and can wrap it up accordingly, like with Life Unexpected.

It's too bad we didn't get a scene with him and Bay talking about the challenges of a deaf/hearing relationship. Bay could have pushed him to learn ASL too as she really threw herself into it and there was a bit of hesitation on Wilke's part, but that's probably because Daphne talks and Emmett doesn't, with the few exceptions, so Bay didn't have a choice, but we saw Daphne getting frustrated with Wilke's lack of ASL.

That was a missed opportunity for me, that being Bay and Wilke having that conversation.
On a personal level for Austin, I wish him success with his new show. But for completely selfish reasons, I want a way for him to stay or come back to SAB!!! We barely got him on Life Unexpected and then they got cancelled! I still miss that show not being on, CW cancels anything worth while. I do wonder if Life Unexpected would have stood a better chance on ABC!Family from the very beginning and then we'd have certainly had more of Austin as Jones.

But, I do agree with your input. A Wilke and Bay session with Bay relating to Wilke as two hearing people being in relationships with 2 non-hearing people, and learning to sign and relate, is definitely a good missed storyline opportunity.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
Still want him as a regular on SAB!!!
I thought that they would make him as a regular, but didn't..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-12-2012, 09:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know ... I got the impression that his character could have been on alot more.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)

I wish this would of happened, they both had that in common. Wilke was hesitant on learning ASL but as you said, I think it was because Daphne spoke really well, Wilke was lucky on that, if she couldn't speak, I don't think it would of worked out.

Bay didn't have that option, Emmett doesn't talk a lot, so she had to learn ASL, he talks sometimes but not so much like Daphne does. Bay should of asked him how would he feel if Daphne didn't speak and only signed? That's pretty much what Emmett does but as time went on, he spoke more.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:05 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I know ... I got the impression that his character could have been on alot more.
Same here..

i'm trying,
but it won't stop!

Steph/credit: My Kind Of Crazy
Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Addicted Fan

It really blows that Wilke leaves just as the big secret comes out, would of had a lot great scenes with him, I mean he was the first one to find out.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Wilke was hesitant on learning ASL but as you said, I think it was because Daphne spoke really well, Wilke was lucky on that, if she couldn't speak, I don't think it would of worked out.
Yup. I think on some level, Wilke got to take some things for granted when it came to Daphne but I would have liked further development on him learning ASL and taking it more seriously.

Old 07-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yup. I think on some level, Wilke got to take some things for granted when it came to Daphne but I would have liked further development on him learning ASL and taking it more seriously.
Wilke was a funny guy, he was something that Daphne needed during the adjustment period while she got used to Bay and Emmett dating.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

It would have been nice for them to flesh out his character, like wondering for example if his father's opinion of him was a reason why he was hesitant to really delve deep into anything. If someone has a low opinion of you, eventually you'll probably believe it too.

Maybe his dad kept telling him he'd fail at life or something and he figured he'd fail with ASL and Daphne. I think there was more to Wilke, as there usually are more to guys like Wilke than just laziness.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good point - that's very possible. Wilke could have taken to hiding behind his humor, it was his own wall he put up so to speak, to avoid getting too deep or emotionally invested.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. His father seems to give the impression to Daphne that he thought his son was someone who didn't take life seriously.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, so in the end, Wilke became 'victim' to his own father's self-fullfiling prophecy. It's like they say ... 'if you hear that you're something long enough, over and over, eventually you become just that.' It's probably what Wilke did.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

I fear that's what it was too. Poor Wilke.