Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-12-2016, 03:34 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Thanks! Yeah, I thought it being a writing workshop it would be focused more on actual writing But it's a lot of other stuff.
What sort of stuff are you doing? Has there been a small writing component yet? I hope so! You are such a strong writer. They are crazy if they don't utilize your talent.

How long will the internship last?

I'm sending positive thoughts that it gets better, and even more importantly, that you will make a connection that will lead to work you find fulfilling.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys how are u doing?
Old 02-13-2016, 07:13 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm still really sick. It's annoying the doctor gave me some fever reducers since she thinks I have the flu and the fever keeps climbing anyway; it's really terrible. I guess if I'm still this sick Monday I'll go back in. Luckily, one of my friends brought me some soup and a whole bunch of bottled water today since I can barely shuffle around my room. And it was hilarious that he knocked on my door with a medical mask on so he wouldn't get sick! Lol How are you guys?

Watching: Longmire Season 4...YES!
Old 02-13-2016, 08:48 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassiek (View Post)
I'm still really sick. It's annoying the doctor gave me some fever reducers since she thinks I have the flu and the fever keeps climbing anyway; it's really terrible. I guess if I'm still this sick Monday I'll go back in. Luckily, one of my friends brought me some soup and a whole bunch of bottled water today since I can barely shuffle around my room. And it was hilarious that he knocked on my door with a medical mask on so he wouldn't get sick! Lol How are you guys?
I hope you feel better soon. Being sick is the worst.

That was nice of your friend.
Old 02-14-2016, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Aww feel better
Old 02-16-2016, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Are you feeling better?
Old 02-17-2016, 12:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hi guys! Yeah I'm feeling almost 90% better thank goodness! The good news is I accidentally lost five pounds in a week and every tells me I look awesome, the bad news is that I really miss food but it's still terrible for me to eat. Other than that I seem to be mostly good besides a pesky cough!

Oh and I just discovered another place we should all go see! Kawah Ijen Volcano! There is so much sulfur there that the lava burns blue (from the sulfur on top). It's amazing looking!

Old 02-18-2016, 08:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Hi guys! Yeah I'm feeling almost 90% better thank goodness! The good news is I accidentally lost five pounds in a week and every tells me I look awesome, the bad news is that I really miss food but it's still terrible for me to eat. Other than that I seem to be mostly good besides a pesky cough!

Oh and I just discovered another place we should all go see! Kawah Ijen Volcano! There is so much sulfur there that the lava burns blue (from the sulfur on top). It's amazing looking!
That's great that you are feeling better!

I'll have to check out some pictures of the blue lava. It sounds lovely.

So far, when it comes to seeing things in person, I think my favorite sight has been Snoqualmie Falls in Washington State.

What's been your favorite place to see in person?
Old 02-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys
Old 02-21-2016, 02:00 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~TwilighterTee~ (View Post)
Hey guys
Hey!

What' s on tap for everyone this week?
Old 02-23-2016, 10:35 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've been so busy trying to do a conference paper and being swamped with post Chinese New Year stuff.

As for seeing something in person, there are a few things that I've loved seeing. Pretty much all of the Welsh countryside. I also saw this amazing small Thai village on a mountain near Chiang Mai. I would say definitely go and do that. They make coffee there that is amazing (grown, roasted, and made right on site). There are some really amazing mountains in mainland China that are beautiful as well!

Old 02-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
What sort of stuff are you doing? Has there been a small writing component yet? I hope so! You are such a strong writer. They are crazy if they don't utilize your talent.

How long will the internship last?

I'm sending positive thoughts that it gets better, and even more importantly, that you will make a connection that will lead to work you find fulfilling.
I'm doing a bunch of stuff. Marketing/PR type of stuff, like reaching out to MFA programs because we need people to sign up for our retreats.

I'm putting together the schedules for our trips.

I'm doing a welcome packet for another trip.

I guess I'm doing some things involving writing, but it's not what I wanted? I do get to write blog posts and such, but I had it in my mind that it would be more creative.

I'm not sure how long it lasts. It's supposed to be six months, which would be ending soon, but I might stay on longer. We shall see.

Thanks! I hope it leads to something too. In some form or other.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Thank goodness
Old 02-28-2016, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

What is everyone up to this week?

I'm counting the days until my spring break. It begins March 25th this year, and I can't wait!
Old 02-29-2016, 08:32 AM
Dedicated Fan

I'm absolutely swamped this week. I'm trying to finish and edit two accepted conference papers and do all my other duties. I probably won't be around too much for the next two weeks. But I'll be back!