Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-10-2012, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I can tell it's being set up to come to forefront. She's denying it to Patrick right now, but I think Patrick had just cause for being concerned. Regina keeps insisting that the marriage is only for legal reasons, but, I do think on a more subconscious level, there is more going on. She's going to have to face her true feelings regarding Angelo, and with Angelo.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.
Old 10-30-2012, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrhmLz (View Post)
I can tell it's being set up to come to forefront. She's denying it to Patrick right now, but I think Patrick had just cause for being concerned. Regina keeps insisting that the marriage is only for legal reasons, but, I do think on a more subconscious level, there is more going on. She's going to have to face her true feelings regarding Angelo, and with Angelo.
Yes, for sure. The Regina/Angelo relationship is one that you can never truly let go of the person no matter how hard you try. I would be surprised if they don't 'go there' eventually.
Old 10-30-2012, 01:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Put it this way, Angelo regrets not forgiving Regina for what it seemed like an affair took place because of Daphne not looking like him.. He said he should of never doubted Regina and she understood why he doubted AFTER the DNA test took place.. Regina loves Angelo and Angelo loves her. They'll go there eventually. Once they do sleep together, their marriage will be legit but I don't think Regina will be up for that JUST yet. One day when they decide to marry for the right reasons, they'll probably have another wedding, a better one with all the family there..Regina only married Angelo for one reason.... to prevent Bay from having any more hurt, so she could get to know her bio father. That was so sweet
Old 10-31-2012, 09:21 PM
Elite Fan

I'd like to see Regina and Angelo try for a real relationship again. Sadly they got dealt a raw deal. I don't condone anyone walking out on a child, but I understand him not wanting to stay with Regina thinking she cheated. They were both victims.

Maybe now they can use this and grow.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree, Alyssa. I can sympathize more with Angelo walking out on Regina, for thinking she cheated, then for leaving simply because Daphne was not 'his', that's kind of taking something out on a child when it is not their fault: Said child not looking like a parent or said child going deaf etc. I'm only saying this from the child's point of view because at one point during an episode, Angelo did tell Daphne he'd like for them to get to know each other again, so to me that indicates that during the past before he left, Daphne and Angelo had some kind of relationship going where she was probably bonded to him, depended on him, even if she can't remember it all now. At the time, she never would have understood that the guy she counted on walked out not just on Regina, but her too, simply because they didn't share a linked DNA code. No continued contact or visitation, even if he didn't want to be with Regina for thinking she cheated.

Back to Angelo and Regina - it's quite tragic because they were both put in a position to doubt or become defensive to accusations when neither was guilty of what happened to cause a child to come into their lives that wasn't technically theirs. It jumpstarted a whole bunch of drama and conflict rolling that they didn't really need to 'own.'

What's even sadder for them?! It sounds like Angelo truly loved Regina but I do wonder, if so, wouldn't the noble thing to have done, would have been to get over his own ego and stick around and raise a child that was at least 'hypothetically' hers, a child that was still believed to belong to the woman he loved at the time?! Don't get me wrong and misunderstand my argument, he was in NO WAY obligated to, I'm merely making this suggestion due to this presentation we appear to be getting on Angelo's love for Regina, his fear to come back and face her again after he left, his admission on the stand, and the amount the court found his suffering and loss to be worth. It would be one thing had he gotten pissed off because he believed she cheated and then walked away because there was no love lost between them but it's becoming clearer and clearer that he never really stopped loving Regina and I think that's the guilt he's living with now, knowing everything that he now knows. He regrets not staying and sticking it out, inspite of what he believed or thought happened at the time, because he knows he never really stopped loving her. Man, that's a hard pill to swallow - then to find out it was all for nothing?!

And then I started thinking, they were in this no win situation so this is the real tragic part. Because even in a hypothetical situation where a 'cheating partner' is forgiven, and a person may be big enough to raise a child that is not their own biologically, most times, the cheating partner has sought for forgiveness yet that was never going to be the case here. Regina was never going to apologize for an act she knew she never committed.

Brenda❤Dylan Fan ~ You’ll look back years from now, and I’ll just be another girl you knew in high school. DYLAN: No you won’t. No you won’t, Bren. Not after everything.

Last edited by GrhmLz; 11-01-2012 at 03:49 PM
Old 11-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I agree, Alyssa. I can sympathize more with Angelo walking out on Regina, for thinking she cheated, then for leaving simply because Daphne was not 'his', that's kind of taking something out on a child when it is not their fault: Said child not looking like a parent or said child going deaf etc. I'm only saying this from the child's point of view because at one point during an episode, Angelo did tell Daphne he'd like for them to get to know each other again, so to me that indicates that during the past before he left, Daphne and Angelo had some kind of relationship going where she was probably bonded to him, depended on him, even if she can't remember it all now. At the time, she never would have understood that the guy she counted on walked out not just on Regina, but her too, simply because they didn't share a linked DNA code. No continued contact or visitation, even if he didn't want to be with Regina for thinking she cheated.

Back to Angelo and Regina - it's quite tragic because they were both put in a position to doubt or become defensive to accusations when neither was guilty of what happened to cause a child to come into their lives that wasn't technically theirs. It jumpstarted a whole bunch of drama and conflict rolling that they didn't really need to 'own.'

What's even sadder for them?! It sounds like Angelo truly loved Regina but I do wonder, if so, wouldn't the noble thing to have done, would have been to get over his own ego and stick around and raise a child that was at least 'hypothetically' hers, a child that was still believed to belong to the woman he loved at the time?! Don't get me wrong and misunderstand my argument, he was in NO WAY obligated to, I'm merely making this suggestion due to this presentation we appear to be getting on Angelo's love for Regina, his fear to come back and face her again after he left, his admission on the stand, and the amount the court found his suffering and loss to be worth. It would be one thing had he gotten pissed off because he believed she cheated and then walked away because there was no love lost between them but it's becoming clearer and clearer that he never really stopped loving Regina and I think that's the guilt he's living with now, knowing everything that he now knows. He regrets not staying and sticking it out, inspite of what he believed or thought happened at the time, because he knows he never really stopped loving her. Man, that's a hard pill to swallow - then to find out it was all for nothing?!

And then I started thinking, they were in this no win situation so this is the real tragic part. Because even in a hypothetical situation where a 'cheating partner' is forgiven, and a person may be big enough to raise a child that is not their own biologically, most times, the cheating partner has sought for forgiveness yet that was never going to be the case here. Regina was never going to apologize for an act she knew she never committed.
Agree with everything.

Obviously, Daphne being three and Angelo walking out has left some scars on her psyche that she hasn't quite dealt with me thinks.

I get Angelo leaving Regina, because in 99% of the cases when the DNA doesn't match, it would be an affair. I think you bring up an interesting point, Heather, about him realizing it was all for nothing. At least when someone has cheated you kind of feel....not vindicated, but like you've stuck up for yourself and your integrity. But this is just like, well, you left, she didn't cheat, and you were wrong, sucker.

It definitely was an unwinnible situation. And I have to say, it would be very hard for me to stay with a man who cheated and in the process of cheating, fathered a child with someone else. Because while I may want to work through it, you don't want to take the father away from the child, and yet, it's a constant reminder of the infidelity and betrayal. So, I don't know.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Angelo walked out because he had proof Daphne wasn't his....Cheating is really hard to forgive and since he wasn't obligated to stick around, he didn't have to. He thought Regina cheated but in reality, the hospital's screw up messed up Angelo and Regina's real shot at being together at the time and because of the switch, they both lost a lot of time together, missed out on a lot of things..If this was me, I couldn't stay with someone who had another kid with someone else. I can't do it, too much and the other party shouldn't expect you to either. I understand Angelo's leaving, he didn't do anything wrong, I still think Regina should of spoke up because if she had, things might of turned out differently. The other parents would know their kids, have a part in their lives at a younger age and know them when it counted then when it was too late. The hospital messed up both the Vasquez's and Kennish's lives..
Old 11-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ We can agree to disagree on some minor points, americanamuchacha020. I understand what you guys mean on not being able to raise someone else's child, if cheating had actually occurred, I would most likely feel weird about it too. But that's not really the angle I'm arguing from here because most people would make that decision right from the getgo and there is nothing wrong with that persay. I get it completely.

Angelo wasn't obligated to raise a kid that wasn't his but I have to ask, isn't that kind of a bit cold to just walk out after you've been with the kid for awhile and formed a relationship/bond with them, blood ties or not?! Forget DNA, how does that kid feel?! This isn't a situation where a man had doubts, got a DNA test done on a newborn baby, and then split having never bonded with the child. That would be a completely different scenario, and admittedly, understandable. This sounded a bit different, like Angelo had doubts for awhile but stuck it out for bit, raising Daphne for awhile. Sorry, I just find it a kind of cold to have left Daphne behind after all that and it was also hinted at that he also left because she went deaf as well.

True, Regina speaking up sooner could have spared some of the drama, the families getting to know their biological children sooner but that wouldn't erase all the doubts and mistrust that Regina and Angelo had to suffer. What was done was done, by the time Regina uncovered the truth, all of that drama had occurred.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
Angelo walked out because he had proof Daphne wasn't his....Cheating is really hard to forgive and since he wasn't obligated to stick around, he didn't have to. He thought Regina cheated but in reality, the hospital's screw up messed up Angelo and Regina's real shot at being together at the time and because of the switch, they both lost a lot of time together, missed out on a lot of things..If this was me, I couldn't stay with someone who had another kid with someone else. I can't do it, too much and the other party shouldn't expect you to either.
Angelo has even said on numerous occasions that he would have stayed with Regina and raised another man's child, if Regina had just been honest with him and admitted the affair. Of course, she hadn't had one, so it was a no-win proposition.

Quote:
^ We can agree to disagree on some minor points, americanamuchacha020. I understand what you guys mean on not being able to raise someone else's child, if cheating had actually occurred, I would most likely feel weird about it too. But that's not really the angle I'm arguing from here because most people would make that decision right from the getgo and there is nothing wrong with that persay. I get it completely.

Angelo wasn't obligated to raise a kid that wasn't his but I have to ask, isn't that kind of a bit cold to just walk out after you've been with the kid for awhile and formed a relationship/bond with them, blood ties or not?! Forget DNA, how does that kid feel?! This isn't a situation where a man had doubts, got a DNA test done on a newborn baby, and then split having never bonded with the child. That would be a completely different scenario, and admittedly, understandable. This sounded a bit different, like Angelo had doubts for awhile but stuck it out for bit, raising Daphne for awhile. Sorry, I just find it a kind of cold to have left Daphne behind after all that and it was also hinted at that he also left because she went deaf as well.
Yes, wasn't there even a picture of Angelo pushing Daphne on a swing when she was two years old? He had been a part of raising her for a couple of years, and he did just walk out on her. It sounds like he sent a letter months later, but she was only three years old. What would a letter mean to a three year old? He deserted her, and he knew he was leaving her with an alcoholic mother. That's harsh. The child had not done anything wrong. It would be so hard for me to leave a child I had loved for almost three years, whether she was my daughter or not. And as Angelo said, it wasn't even the fact that she wasn't his daughter that bothered him the most. It was that Regina wasn't telling him the truth after the fact.

I do find it interesting that Angelo cared more about Regina fessing up to her indiscretion than he did about the actual indiscretion itself. What was that line from Kathryn and John's lawyer, Craig Tebbe? Something like, "In my experience, money buries the truth." And now, Angelo and Regina have a whole lot more money to use to bury truth.

And what was Kathryn's line about the truth? "Every falsehood reveals a different truth." She's right. A whole lot of different truths will probably hit the fan in season two.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:

True, Regina speaking up sooner could have spared some of the drama, the families getting to know their biological children sooner but that wouldn't erase all the doubts and mistrust that Regina and Angelo had to suffer. What was done was done, by the time Regina uncovered the truth, all of that drama had occurred.
That's just my opinion Heather, he had proof that Daphne wasn't his daughter and Regina wasn't going to admit something she didn't do. Either way, it's a lose lose situation. The hospital is what caused their family to be torn apart.. Angelo had no obligation to raise someone else's child but then again, he had doubts about Daphne for a long time then.. I just don't hold anything against Angelo on that. I understand where he's coming from but I also get where Regina is coming from.. If my significant other told me he had another kid by an affair, I'd be seriously steamed and I couldn't look at that kid without seeing it as a betrayal.. To Angelo, all he saw was that a kid didn't look like him and the evidence proving she wasn't his..I totally get where he's coming from....But like I said, the hospital messed everything up, not Angelo or Regina, if the switched hadn't of happened, then all of this would of been a moot point...The blame is on the hospital and actually some on Regina because her speaking up sooner could of prevented a lot of the pain and drama that happened later and perhaps even gotten Angelo back(knowing he had his real daughter out there somewhere) Angelo may have said he'd raise another man's daughter but Regina wasn't going to admit to something he he had no idea she didn't do.....That hospital really did mess everything up
Old 11-05-2012, 01:27 AM
New Fan

Love these two together! Gilles Marini is so hot!
Old 11-05-2012, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

I agree. Angelo wasn't obligated to raise Daphne, but yet, from a child's POV, it's very detrimental and the feeling of being unwanted is very strong. I could understand him leaving Regina though.

Of course the situations are different because like you say, Heather, Angelo had three years time to raise Daphne. Had Regina gotten pregnant and Angelo had doubted paternity from there and got a paternity test and it was proof that the kid wasn't his, it would be a different story. I'm sure the kid would probably be resentful, but at least there wouldn't have been a bond forged.

I still feel like there's a huge chunk though that we're missing from their relationship. Regina and Angelo are both passionate people, and obviously attractive people, and they've had their fare share of relationships, but you have to wonder if there had been a lack of trust before this. Doubting your partner is one thing; we all get jealous and paranoid at times, but I wonder if there had been incidents, not cheating, but it definitely sounds like they had a high charged relationship where jealousy occurred and maybe they played games a bit like flirting with others.

I just remember the dinner with Bay and how fast that blew up. I just have a feeling together they were quite the pair, and not always in a good way. I don't know if I'm having revionist history here, but I think Adrianna said they both used to drink, Regina and Angelo.

I think it's safe to say that while there is and will always be love between R/A, they have a lot of work to do and ground to cover. There's a lack of trust on both parts.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
Yes, wasn't there even a picture of Angelo pushing Daphne on a swing when she was two years old? He had been a part of raising her for a couple of years, and he did just walk out on her. It sounds like he sent a letter months later, but she was only three years old. What would a letter mean to a three year old? He deserted her, and he knew he was leaving her with an alcoholic mother. That's harsh. The child had not done anything wrong. It would be so hard for me to leave a child I had loved for almost three years, whether she was my daughter or not. And as Angelo said, it wasn't even the fact that she wasn't his daughter that bothered him the most. It was that Regina wasn't telling him the truth after the fact.

I do find it interesting that Angelo cared more about Regina fessing up to her indiscretion than he did about the actual indiscretion itself. What was that line from Kathryn and John's lawyer, Craig Tebbe? Something like, "In my experience, money buries the truth." And now, Angelo and Regina have a whole lot more money to use to bury truth.

And what was Kathryn's line about the truth? "Every falsehood reveals a different truth." She's right. A whole lot of different truths will probably hit the fan in season two.
Yes, exactly. And Angelo did tell Daphne he would like for them to get to know each other again, which definitely implied a former relationship that they once shared, even if it was for a few years.

I agree, I think alot more drama is about to hit the fan come S2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanamuchacha020 (View Post)
That's just my opinion Heather, he had proof that Daphne wasn't his daughter and Regina wasn't going to admit something she didn't do. Either way, it's a lose lose situation. The hospital is what caused their family to be torn apart.. Angelo had no obligation to raise someone else's child but then again, he had doubts about Daphne for a long time then.. I just don't hold anything against Angelo on that. I understand where he's coming from but I also get where Regina is coming from.. If my significant other told me he had another kid by an affair, I'd be seriously steamed and I couldn't look at that kid without seeing it as a betrayal.. To Angelo, all he saw was that a kid didn't look like him and the evidence proving she wasn't his..I totally get where he's coming from....But like I said, the hospital messed everything up, not Angelo or Regina, if the switched hadn't of happened, then all of this would of been a moot point...The blame is on the hospital and actually some on Regina because her speaking up sooner could of prevented a lot of the pain and drama that happened later and perhaps even gotten Angelo back(knowing he had his real daughter out there somewhere) Angelo may have said he'd raise another man's daughter but Regina wasn't going to admit to something he he had no idea she didn't do.....That hospital really did mess everything up
That's fine, I do understand some of your points, and agree on some of it. Ultimately, yes, the hospital is responsible and I also said that in the end, it was a lose/lose situation because Angelo thought she cheated, Regina knew she never did; therefore, there was never going to be any common ground to be reached in this mess.

Like ollibear brought up, I do think it's possible he would have stuck around and raised Daphne regardless had Regina confessed to the cheating, which appeared to make him the angriest. Understandably so if it had happened, but it didn't, but I do feel for Angelo right now because I think he regrets not having stuck around regardless because he's always loved Regina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
I agree. Angelo wasn't obligated to raise Daphne, but yet, from a child's POV, it's very detrimental and the feeling of being unwanted is very strong. I could understand him leaving Regina though.

Of course the situations are different because like you say, Heather, Angelo had three years time to raise Daphne. Had Regina gotten pregnant and Angelo had doubted paternity from there and got a paternity test and it was proof that the kid wasn't his, it would be a different story. I'm sure the kid would probably be resentful, but at least there wouldn't have been a bond forged.

I still feel like there's a huge chunk though that we're missing from their relationship. Regina and Angelo are both passionate people, and obviously attractive people, and they've had their fare share of relationships, but you have to wonder if there had been a lack of trust before this. Doubting your partner is one thing; we all get jealous and paranoid at times, but I wonder if there had been incidents, not cheating, but it definitely sounds like they had a high charged relationship where jealousy occurred and maybe they played games a bit like flirting with others.

I just remember the dinner with Bay and how fast that blew up. I just have a feeling together they were quite the pair, and not always in a good way. I don't know if I'm having revionist history here, but I think Adrianna said they both used to drink, Regina and Angelo.

I think it's safe to say that while there is and will always be love between R/A, they have a lot of work to do and ground to cover. There's a lack of trust on both parts.
I agree, Alyssa, I think there is more to their background and story separate from the Daphne/paternity drama and some of that has already been hinted at. Regina has already inferred she's had trust issues with him with her cracks regarding that nurse involved in the case, him being the type to pick up on pretty women like that and take them home. Also, we know Regina had a drinking problem and earlier on when Angelo first appeared and they all shared that dinner date, she was quite offended that he would offer her a drink when he was made aware that she had been in recovery from it. Almost like, was he an enabler to her drinking at the time?! You do have to wonder.

Old 12-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Extreme Fan

It was a sad situation all around. I want to see these two happy again.
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 12-27-2012, 08:57 PM
Elite Fan

I'd also like them to give it a go again, but with babygate, doesn't seem like that will happen anytime soon.

Quote:
I think there is more to their background and story separate from the Daphne/paternity drama and some of that has already been hinted at. Regina has already inferred she's had trust issues with him with her cracks regarding that nurse involved in the case, him being the type to pick up on pretty women like that and take them home. Also, we know Regina had a drinking problem and earlier on when Angelo first appeared and they all shared that dinner date, she was quite offended that he would offer her a drink when he was made aware that she had been in recovery from it. Almost like, was he an enabler to her drinking at the time?! You do have to wonder.
I don't think the switched thing was their only problem. Clearly they had passion, but good passion or bad passion is the question? I just read a very interesting memoir, and it made me think of Regina and Angelo a bit. I won’t go too much into it, but it was first and foremost a love story about two people who each had their vices and in the end, it wasn’t going to work out.

I could see Regina and Angelo like that or rather their former relationship. Maybe they enabled each other. I kind of like to think this happened to bring them back together because they needed to grow up a bit and be apart to make it work later on. Does that make sense?