Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Too much Bay and her romantic partners

Not enough Toby-Bay which is the best relationship she has.
They should be having scenes in every episode but instead we rarely get things
Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM
Extreme Fan

I kind of agree, but they throw guys at Daphne as well. I think the difference is that Daphne is shown more with all of the adults, while Bay is more isolated with her partner of the moment, and I include Zarra as one of her (non romantic) partners.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Too much Bay and her romantic partners

Not enough Toby-Bay which is the best relationship she has.
They should be having scenes in every episode but instead we rarely get things
She'll always have Toby but in the end of the day, he's only her brother.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Only her brother?
Kinda underestimating a sibling bond there

Quote:
I kind of agree, but they throw guys at Daphne as well. I think the difference is that Daphne is shown more with all of the adults, while Bay is more isolated with her partner of the moment, and I include Zarra as one of her (non romantic) partners.
Kinda true...we should get more scenes with all 3 of them not enough (though we got plenty with Bay Daphne and Emmett)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Supreme Fan

Noah was a jerk tonight. I mean, referring to a crowd of deaf people as "you people" and mocking Travis for the way he talked. I was rooting for Travis to hit him. At least Noah knew that he deserved it.

Well, that whole Nikki storyline was dumped pretty fast. Personally, I found it ridiculous - they say "I Love you" and then break up because he's not as religious as she is? Talk about turning on a dime. Goes to show that you might want to ship with a grain of salt unless you ship the main couple (which I still can't do ... just not into Ebay as a couple). It's like whiplash pairing here. Especially for Daphne - the reigning queen of musical boyfriends.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-11-2013, 10:12 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingster (View Post)
Only her brother?
Kinda underestimating a sibling bond there

Kinda true...we should get more scenes with all 3 of them not enough (though we got plenty with Bay Daphne and Emmett)
No underestimating at all. I just don't agree with you on that being her best relationship. I love the Bay and Toby bond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes&FredFan (View Post)
Noah was a jerk tonight. I mean, referring to a crowd of deaf people as "you people" and mocking Travis for the way he talked. I was rooting for Travis to hit him. At least Noah knew that he deserved it.
Yeah, Noah was a real jerk for mocking Travis's voice. I get he was upset but it gave him no exuse to do that.

Quote:

Well, that whole Nikki storyline was dumped pretty fast. Personally, I found it ridiculous - they say "I Love you" and then break up because he's not as religious as she is? Talk about turning on a dime. Goes to show that you might want to ship with a grain of salt unless you ship the main couple (which I still can't do ... just not into Ebay as a couple). It's like whiplash pairing here. Especially for Daphne - the reigning queen of musical boyfriends.
Yeah that was rushed.. They had one episode as a couple then the second episode we saw them in, they say I love you already? Now they break up over religion differences. I got whiplash on that one.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Addicted Fan

Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't think Nikki is gone yet. She is still in the band. Toby will consider how he feels. He'll probably take a couple of episodes to think about it. But I think they will stay together.

I'm with you, though. I hope the writers choose one guy for Daphne and let her enjoy a long term relationship.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:19 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollibear (View Post)
I don't think Nikki is gone yet. She is still in the band. Toby will consider how he feels. He'll probably take a couple of episodes to think about it. But I think they will stay together.
Agreed. Nikki isn't gone yet. We'll see how Toby decides to handle this.

Quote:

I'm with you, though. I hope the writers choose one guy for Daphne and let her enjoy a long term relationship.
Me too, I'm tired of the revolving door with Daphne's love interests. Give her a long term relationship, someone truly good for her that she can fall in love with.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I just don't agree with you on that being her best relationship.
Ok...well I usually prefer friendship/family ones especially on "teen dramas" with the back and forth etc

I hope the Nikki-Toby break up is shown in the next ep meaning how Toby deals with it instead of it swept under the rug.
Quote:
I really think that was meant to be Wilke before Austin left
Old 02-11-2013, 10:27 PM
Supreme Fan

My last Daphne ship was Travis/Daphne (and I still like it) ... but it seems like that's getting the brush off for Noah/Daphne. She and Travis started off with great chemistry, and now it's like she's being written as "backing away" from it. I mean, I hate to say it, but why bother shipping her with somebody? How in the world can they sustain her with Noah then? He's got hardly any ties except that he goes to Carlton. Travis works at the car wash with Daphne/Bay's Dad.

Daphne's an island unto herself ... except when a boy's boat docks into port and then leaves a couple episodes later.
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
Addicted Fan

plus it's hard to get invested in a daphne ship when her love interest isn't a regular (same goes for toby). recurring guest stars come and go (austin butler). who know how long max lloyd jones or a future one will stick around for.

travis has the best potential to be a long term love interest because let's face it, unfortunately ryan lane won't get as many opportunities as hearing actors. but it seems that they are not going to do travis/daphne at the moment so who knows.

in the words of lizzy weiss, maybe it's a another "long love story".
Old 02-11-2013, 10:41 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneH (View Post)
plus it's hard to get invested in a daphne ship when her love interest isn't a regular (same goes for toby). recurring guest stars come and go (austin butler). who know how long max lloyd jones or a future one will stick around for.

travis has the best potential to be a long term love interest because let's face it, unfortunately ryan lane won't get as many opportunities as hearing actors. but it seems that they are not going to do travis/daphne at the moment so who knows.

in the words of lizzy weiss, maybe it's a another "long love story".
Travis is a good candidate and so was Wilke. However, it seems that they're not having Daphne into him right now.. It's too bad, Travis would do anything for her but I'm really hoping we'll see some love happening with Noah and Daphne because in my opinion, they have some really good chemistry and Noah is just a rebound from Emmett for Bay.. (I wouldn't want to be a rebound, they almost NEVER last)
Old 02-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Personally I couldn't get into any Daphne's romantic relationships (since Liam) because they never clicked or the chemistry didn't work right.

I would be so upset if they didn't explore Daphne and Noah because I think they have good chemistry and Noah as a character fits well with Daphne. It's the first time I found real potential.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Me, too! Emmett & Bay bring the screen to life EVERY time. Together, they are poetry brought to life.
Yeah and I don't like any of Bay's other love interests or Daphnes, except Wilke.