Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-07-2013, 08:12 PM
Addicted Fan

The General/Venting thread #1

This thread is for venting about Switched at birth story lines & characters you may not like. There are a few rules.. No actor bashing & No poster bashing. No discussing spoilers(Spoiler thread only) Be productive yet respectful

Last edited by americanamuchacha020; 02-07-2013 at 08:45 PM
Old 02-07-2013, 10:02 PM
Extreme Fan

I've got a topic to discuss. I can't stand the idea of Boah. I realize that their are people that like it and I respect that but to me it feels forced. It feels forced because when Noah is talking about basketball with Daphne he's clearly making eyes at her. I know Noah and Bay had that contrived ear bud scene but what sticks out to me is in that scene Bay sought Noah out not the other way around. Whereas Noah did seek Daphne out. What do you all think???
A single text....................$1
Speaking his language...........Priceless

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonauthor (View Post)
I've got a topic to discuss. I can't stand the idea of Boah. I realize that their people that like it and I respect that but to me it feels forced. It feels forced because when Noah is talking about basketball with Daphne he's clearly making eyes at her. I know Noah and bay had that contrived ear bud scene but what sticks out to me is in that scene Bay sought Noah out not the other way around. Whereas Noah did seek Daphne out. What do you all think???
I'm with you on this. I think Noah and Bay have good friendship chemistry but this is such an obvious challenge for Emmett and Bay. I prefer Daphne and Noah to be honest. You're right, he sought out Daphne, not Bay. The ear bud scene was kind of cheesy if you ask me. He wanted to a one-on-one game with Daphne. So yeah, not looking forward to Bay/Noah. Why is that they can't ever just push a friendship instead of dating?

My topic to talk about is the baby story line with Angelo and Lana.. It's just another soapy attempt and unnecessary drama if you ask me. They have ENOUGH family drama. Time to stop adding even more layers to it. I would of handled a Regina/Angelo pregnancy because at least, that'd be a nice story line.. However a baby mama drama story? SO played out
Old 02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
Extreme Fan

^ Seriously agreed I mean why is that the go to story line is making out under the stars with EVERY couple?

Old 02-07-2013, 10:13 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
^ Seriously agreed I mean why is that the go to story line is making out under the stars with EVERY couple?
It's frustrating and so very typical. I love friendship and it'd be lovely to actually see more of a good friendship instead of them shoving yet another romance down our throats.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Personally I feel Bay needs a real friend. I've seen more than enough of people betraying her, using her or just trying to get into her pants.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Personally I feel Bay needs a real friend. I've seen more than enough of people betraying her, using her or just trying to get into her pants.
Agreed. Zarra wasn't the best influence on her. I think Noah could be a good influence but they're obviously pushing for romance..
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Extreme Fan

Yeah they are pushing for that romance but they would be so much better as friends. I could however see some serious sparkage between Noah and Daphne but Emmett screwed that one all up. Seriously I love Emmett but sometimes I want to smack him and him getting on Daphne about only being attracted to Hearing guys was one of them.

Side Note: Thank you for opening up and approving this thred. I suddenly feel loads better.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Yeah they are pushing for that romance but they would be so much better as friends. I could however see some serious sparkage between Noah and Daphne but Emmett screwed that one all up. Seriously I love Emmett but sometimes I want to smack him and him getting on Daphne about only being attracted to Hearing guys was one of them.

Side Note: Thank you for opening up and approving this thred. I suddenly feel loads better.
I loved how concerned he was about Daphne. I would of loved to see that basketball game he wanted to play with her. Emmett should of kept his mouth shut, if Noah is interested in Daphne, that means he's away from Bay(I really don't think he considered that) Who cares if Daphne likes hearing guys? It's not a crime the last time I checked. So frustrating to see Emmett and Bay apart when it's so obvious how important they are to the show

Yes, thanks again Heather & Alyssa
Old 02-07-2013, 10:31 PM
Extreme Fan

What I think is funny is Emmett is teasing Daphne about Hearing guys and technically Noah is a Deaf guy!!!! On top of that he himself (Emmett) is in love with a Hearing Girl. Hypocrite!!

Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
What I think is funny is Emmett is teasing Daphne about Hearing guys and technically Noah is a Deaf guy!!!! On top of that he himself (Emmett) is in love with a Hearing Girl. Hypocrite!!
Yep. Too bad Emmett doesn't know that yet. I'm sure he will. If Daphne dates Noah down the line, she would be dating a deaf boy and there goes the "You only date hearing guys" out the window. Perhaps she hasn't found a deaf boy that she really likes enough to date. I still think that kiss between her and Travis was a "thank you"
Old 02-07-2013, 10:38 PM
Extreme Fan

That was definitely thank you kiss. If it had meant more Daphne wouldn't have been so weird around him afterwards. I honestly think it only happened because of what Bay did making her jealous. The only reason i think she got jealous was because after Angelo walking out on her she has some serious abandonment issues that make it hard for her to share the people closest to her. Case in point Emmett.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
That was definitely thank you kiss. If it had meant more Daphne wouldn't have been so weird around him afterwards. I honestly think it only happened because of what Bay did making her jealous. The only reason i think she got jealous was because after Angelo walking out on her she has some serious abandonment issues that make it hard for her to share the people closest to her. Case in point Emmett.
Agreed. If Daphne was truly into Travis, there would be no weirdness. She'd be totally up for more kissing and she's not. I think it goes right into what she said. She's only into guys she can't have and she can easily have Travis. It makes him less appealing to her. Daphne and Emmett are not what they once were. They used to be super close and told each other everything. Ever since he fell in love with Bay, things have changed. I'm glad they're still friends but life events has changed their friendship.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Extreme Fan

I think part of what changed it is not so much Emmett falling in love as it was Daphne confessing her feelings. Not only did she confess her feelings while knowing he was in a relationship but she pursued him after he turned her down. I think THAT was more damaging than anything else.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
I think part of what changed it is not so much Emmett falling in love as it was Daphne confessing her feelings. Not only did she confess her feelings while knowing he was in a relationship but she pursued him after he turned her down. I think THAT was more damaging than anything else.
Yeah..I never bought Daphne's feelings for Emmett.. It was more confusion and it made things weird with them for awhile.

A tad frustrated with Bay at this point..